Virgin ABM Error

There are 40 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,359 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• Hi Guys,

I just ran AutoBouqetsMaker and I receive the error

Failed to tune Virgin (UK) on tuner B

Please check the following:

The tuner is correctly configured.

You can receive the specified frequency

I have updated the AutoBouqetsMaker config (which says it doesn't need an update), ran a manual scan which finds channels and under last scan I can access those channels, but it includes German/Italy etc.

I have also ran a software/package update

Everything was working fine, (Except BBC1 HD, ITV HD and a few other FTA channels wouldn't clear).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• hi pauldb yes i do have a twin turner, i have a vu+ zero 4k with latest OPENVIX which come with internal sat tunner and i bough the extrernal cable turner. it has been working fine since march and startet creating issues after may the first. Im aware that HD channels are not FTA and i have oscam in place. there are still channels that i can watch but some other when your click like bbcHD etc the led on the turner turns RED.

• you mean a twin sat or twin cable??, or just 1 sat and one cable,,, have you turned the sat tuner off and see if ABM works?? with cable only,could be a driver issue as well with the external tuner, as for anything else,im at a loss

one sat and one cable. the one creating usues is the usb TURBO from vuplus. as said before has been working fine for three month until may the first that not all channels are working and cant perform ABM since im getting the message that the (FAILES TO TUNE VIRGIN(UK) on turner b.

please check the followin:

the turner is correctly configured

you can receive the specified frecuency

(turner b is the extrernal usb turbo from vuplus

• Official Post

Virgin have been upgrading /changing pure areas. The frequencies change.

Change tuner config to UK, VIrgin All systems.

Remove Cable services:

channel up, green for satellite, highlight cable services, menu, remove cable services, restart.

Perform a scan, then restart, upload both lamedb5 and lamedb files to the thread.

Which NetID are you in?

• Hi followed your steps and it founded 603 channels. closest area code is croydon 40979.

i have added the lamedb files

temp virgin uk cable.zip

• Official Post

If you are sure that 40979 is your NetID, go to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

and edit the following file

cable_uk_virgin.xml

Change the frequency="411000" to any of the following

frequency="603000"

frequency="611000"

frequency="619000"

frequency="627000"

Delete the providers.cache

and then run ABM again.

ABM uses QAM 64 frequencies for tuning, although it will work on any frequency.

• great i have all channels working through manual scan, im editting right now the file, only frequency 619000 was present on the xml file. i will run this later and give you a feedback. but so far really happy that you helped me and that i can also be of any help!!

• I FLLOWED ALL STEPS AND unless i did something wrong it does not work the ABM :(

• What about netid 0006, can I change to one of the above frequencies and just run a manual scan and not use abm.

As a manual scan populates all the channels but I then ran abm after and got the same error and similar channels not clearing, also some of the Sly Sports one are dark for me (multiple providers, tried) so can't be the line

• Official Post

When using ABM, the test is:

Do the 5 FTA channels at the beginning of the Entertainment bouquet work.

If those 5 fta channels work, you have almost certainly got the correct correct NetID (unless in a Pure area. Looking at anything else will just waste time.

Do you know what your net ID is? Please select one of the following answers:

Yes,

No,

I'm not sure

• Yes

5 fta hd used to work, now only 2 and 5 work, all sd work

When I delete all bouquets, update config file and run a scan on abm I receive a turner error.

Manual scan runs fine and populates the channels. Providers all set to no except virgin and also set to all systems under the tuner config with the option for generate main bouquet, hd and swap channels set to yes.

As a side note, when I delete bouquets and ran abm (receive the error) so it doesn't populate any virgin bouquets but lists all the foreign ones such as sky de/Italy etc that came with openatv

I've I also restore my box back to an old backup everything is fine, except those fta HD channels not working

• Please answer this question. Do you know what your net ID is? Please select one of the following answers:

Yes,

No,

I'm not sure

Or all of the above haha ! i can also confirm there are no fta HD channels on virmin, just a handful of sd council tele channels.

Personally i am not a fan of vix but that said, image software update might cure some issues although i am just speculating.

As mentioned here however, any abm/crossepg issues i had in the past were generally tuner setup issues.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!