very strange with some skins

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,768 times. The last Post () by tham1010.

• Dear experts.

My receiver is sh4 - stb 7111. I use subtitles plug in to translate the films into Arabic language. What is so strange is that some skins doesn't support Arabic language so the translation appears with strange dots, marks but not with any Arabic letter. When I change the skin to another skin the translation of the same film becomes so normal.

Right now I use Elgato HD CN skin. It is a great one but it doesn't support Arabic. I use Iron-Man HD and the translation of the same film appears well,

Can any one help me??? If there is something I do in the files of the skin to make it works fine with arabic. Elgato HD CN is a very light skin and it gives me enough information in info bar,,

• Elgato HD CN skin = uses roboto medium (nmsbdh.ttf)

Iron-Man HD = uses PT Serif Bold (Hobbit_DDR.ttf)

You can always try copying over the fonts from Irom man to Elgato and rename the files.

FTP into your box and go to IRON MAN folder.

this will live inside /usr/share/enigma2

In iron man folder their will be another folder "fonts"

download the font file. Hobbit_DDR.ttf

Then go into your Elgato skin folder.

this will live inside /usr/share/enigma2

Copy your downloaded font into this font folder.

Rename the old font file. i.e nmsbdh.old

rename the uploaded Hobbit_DDR.ttf to nmsbdh.ttf

The fonts are different looking but you should then be able to view your subtitles.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I did what you have said but with No luck... When i cut the old fonts completely from the folder and i restarted my receiver I had crashes and the image didn't load. I have to return the original fonts back so the image can load.

Right now I try to search for another skin. I have tried enigma2-plugin-skins-dreamosathd-adrenalinnrw-mod-red_1.0-r0_all/ I had the same problem and the translation looked just numbers and marks with no arabic letters. only very few number of skins support Arabic. Once the egp in the info part is not in arabic for arabic channels i know that this skin will not show the translation well.

Thanks for you help KiddaC any more suggestion....It would be great if i can solve this problem. A lot of arabic user dump skins just because of this issue.

• jenseneverest

Thanks for responding. I only need the arabic font for subtitle. I chose English as the language for my enigma when I first installed it.

I realized something strange. When the the skin support Arabic I can see Arabic EPg in the event info bar. What is on and what will be next is written in Arabic in my info bar. When I use a skin that doesn't support arabic this epg comes in English if the channel provides one.

I don't care much about the epg or the info bar. The most important this is the subtitles. it's badly needed... Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!