Transpondeur signal DVB-S2 weak onDM8000HD but OK on SagemCom

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,023 times. The last Post () by habib2535.

• Hello

I have an old DM8000HD (7 years +) running under Oscam with last setting vhannibal.

I have observed since a couple of months that i cannot receive anymore some Astra FTA channels such as LCI, TV5 Monde ... all transmitted in DVB-S2 mode . However, i can receive very well other FTAs channels CNN Euronews etc... when transmitted in DVB-S

when i observe the signal of LCI transponder for instance (12207 V 29700) the SNR level is lower than 30% and my DM couldn't lock the signal !

Now i bought yesterday a cheap other receiver (SaghemCom Canal Ready) and i can receive LCI and all other channels with no problem and with same dish/lnb/cable installatio (the signal strength is shown with a very good quality)

I do not understand this change of behaviour that apparently happens on DVB-S2 transmissions only. I tested this on both Tuners of my DM8000HD ... same problem

Is it a tuner issue ? Anyone has an opinion ?

• I have no problem like that on my DM8000HD, do a rescan as the French channels change often parameters, at least on the past months.

The other point is to know where you are located, as perhaps just the satellite signal could have been focused on another point, due to the changes (changed transponder from a wide to low etc)

I have here 69% signal, Central Europe. Remember as well that Astra position is few satellites, and not only 1, so you need to really center them all well and not be a little out of the sync.

Emo

• Official Post

when i observe the signal of LCI transponder for instance (12207 V 29700) the SNR level is lower than 30% and my DM couldn't lock the signal !

Please note the reported difference in snr between 2 receivers could also be down to drivers / software.... it is an estimated figure rather than an accurate figure. If you have issues viewing the channels with picture breakup then try what emosim said

For me my zgemma h7 is better on weak signals than my xpeed lx3 is.... so there is also differences between boxes hardware...

• Ok i tried some dish adjustments but no change... I will try some more advanced corrections of my motorised dish and see

can i precise that this failure happens only on DBS-V2 transponders, not on DVB-S's .... Does that make any difference ? or is it a simple coindidence ?

• emosim : you are right ! vhannibal setting is not adapted to my device - a MANUAL full satellite re-scan solved my problem. Nothing to do with the dish or LNB or any other harware issue. i spend hours adjusting my dish ... all useless

Thanks for the hint ...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!