CCTV on enigma 2 box

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,203 times. The last Post () by sunlight786.

• anyone of you got experience to set up to veiw home cctv on their enigma 2 box?

I have tried this guide but not success:?:

1. first of all I found the RTSP port that my IP camera uses.

RTSP port.jpg

The RTSP port my camera uses is 554.

2. test the RTSP stream. Open VLC player. Media>Open Network Stream...

enter the line below replacing username, password, ipcameraIP and RTSP-port with your own..

Code:

Code
    rtsp://username:password@cameraIP:RTSP-PORT/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

here is my line

Code:

Code
    rtsp://admin:cctvpassword@192.168.0.10:554

now at this stage the stream work 100% on pc vlc player.

3.NOTE: I will be adding the stream to the Favourites Bouquets, by going to /etc/enigma2. find and open the file

Code

Code
    userbouquet.favourites.tv

4. Now I have added camera's RTSP stream like below to the "userbouquet.favourites.tv" file,

This time I have to replaced colon “:” in the RTSP linkI used in VLC player with %3a

Heres an example

My link:

#SERVICE 4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:rtsp%3a//admin%3apassword@192.168.0.10%3a554

#DESCRIPTION Home IPCAM

5. Reboot enigma box

when I went to favourite box and open the channel it stay black screen

I also forword port 554 in my router but still no joy

can any one please help me set it up?

i must be doing something wrong!!!

• I think different cameras require different syntax.

This is the format I have for my camera. It is working well.

Code
    #SERVICE 4097:0:1:FFFF:0:0:0:0:0:0:rtsp%3a//admin%3apassword@192.168.0.10%3a554/live/0/h264.sdp:Security Cam
    #DESCRIPTION Security Cam

If you are using ServiceApp you need to set it to "original" or "exteplayer3"

It will not work with GstPlayer.

I set my ServiceID to FFFF so I could link it to this picon.f0a63c4f69.png

• I cant see that sort of streaming being widely supported on e2 recievers and i suppose it will depend on what ram you have at your disposal aswell on your box, certain stock isp routers cant handle streaming video either,however if your pc is ok then all should be good.

Some factors to be aware of i would assume tho.

1: Lack of support/drivers etc

2: Lack of Ram

3: CCTV not adapted to certain linux platforms for e2

As said about syntax, if you look around app stores and playstores they are saturated with apps for specific dvr camera systems which only operate with the said system.

I fit the odd cctv system myself and have for a few years now decided to stick to genuine Hikvision systems due to the support/quality of product and of course the ivms app which is fantastic.

Tbh i am not sure of your setup but i assume its internal and not external so if this is the case no ports should need to opened on your router so i would close that port, what i recommend for internal systems where obviously for security the dvr is hidden in the home is a HD extender.

HD extenders mean the dvr can be hidden in various locations under the floor/cupboards or attics, basically anywhere a burgler wont find it easily, hd extenders which are fairly cheap now allow one hdmi output to a tv within a range of 10 meters which i would recommend on a standard hdmi cable but it also allows one more HDMI to ethernet connection up to 70 meters using Cat6 (UTP) or 40 meters using cat5e cabling.

These HDMI extenders now have a remote eye aswell so with decent camera systems these days they normally have a remote control too so the camera system could be controlled through the same gadjet from the 2nd hdmi location aswell as the first location.

The extenders themselves also work with anything that has a HDMI output so they are a godsend and a great peice of kit to buy because you can choose your device if it doesn't work out with another,,ie your cctv.

In other words there is no streaming/no software to collapse /no router failure etc etc// and full resolution too....

Just depends if the installation is possible/feasible for yourself.

Good luck !!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!