ABM for Xtrend ET8000 not showing Virgin option after I edited a file

There are 47 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,193 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• I have been useing Autobouquetsmaker on my Xtrend ET8000 to keep chek on the channel list for cable but over the weekend I had aproblem.

It has never given me the radio channesl for a start, the ones in the 901+ section, but also some channels are missing.

In total there are supposed to be about 417 channels and 38 radio channels, but the total number of services is around 620.

So there are over 200 services missing from the scan. I found the xml file and trried to amend it so that the Sky Sports Interactive channels showed their true LCN rather than numbeers over 1`000. It didn't work.

Instead, it removed them completely, then I could not get the Virgin UK option to appear in the providers list. I had replaced one xml file for an amended one. So now I hve no Virgin UK ABM at all - just Freeview, Kabel NL and Saorview.

How can I get the Cable one back? Do I need to uninstall the current version and reinstall? If so, how do I do this please?

Thanks.

• Official Post

Try this:

Backup your current image

Update your image firmware to its latest build, that should replace the bits you have messed about with

Update your ABM config files (there was an updated version for cable today - you may not need to do this with an image update)

Try scan again

There have been a lot of changes to Vermin over the last few days

see here:

VM channels -- some leaving some arrive

• Sorry but I need to wait until I have a blank USB stick before I can do this. Currently I do not have one to do this with. if I remember rightly, the image program has to be the oly file on the stick when you try to flash the box is that right?

Will give it a go when I get a new USB stick. I have limited time currently looking after my father after my mum died last year.

Will let you know. I will try to get it sorted in the next few days. Thanks.

• Official Post

Sorry but I need to wait until I have a blank USB stick before I can do this. Currently I do not have one to do this with. if I remember rightly, the image program has to be the oly file on the stick when you try to flash the box is that right?

Will give it a go when I get a new USB stick. I have limited time currently looking after my father after my mum died last year.

Will let you know. I will try to get it sorted in the next few days. Thanks.

yes the usb stick should be blank and formatted to fat32

Let me know what .xml you messed about with and will send you that is you like

• The xml I messed up was

cable_uk_virgin.xml

I realised that the true numbers for the Sly Sports active were in the 30s 40s 50s or 60s, ie before 101. However, the original file had it in the 1000s which is an incorrect EPG number.

What I was trying to do was to amend the script so that the Sky Sports aCtives would appear on their true numbers, as well as the BT Sport ones. Also, no radio services appeared above 900, as well as all thed HD channels showing as n/a.

So what I am looking for is a working way of getting the true virgin lcns to appear as an entire list showing ALL numbers including the ones that are hidden.

The file I quoted above all I did was once I replaced it, I rebooted the box and now all I get is the option to scan Freeview, Saorview or Kable NK. There is no settings for cable at all so the program is not reading the cable xml file any more. That is strange. Why is this do yo think?

If you can make it so there are no variables just reading the true LCN list off the air that is all I am tryin to achieve.

Also what on earth has NetID 41017 got to o with the running of the program? That is not one of the ones in the list you can choose from. What is 41017?

And, why do we need whitelists and blacklists? You make it far more complicated than it needs to be. All I need is for the program to read the entire channel list as broadcast by virgin with its actual LCNs showing with all channel names shown also no "<n/a>"s please. That does not tell me the name of the channels.

Thanks again for your help.

• Official Post

okay i have attached a zip file, extract the file and in the folder is:

cable_uk_virgin.xml

also the cable.xml that is found at etc - tuxbox

I also included the whole ABM plugin found at usr - lib - enigma2 - python - plugins -systemplugins

Overwrite the complete folder

Reboot box and at least get the plugin working again

I will leave it up to @abu baniaz to reply your other questions as he is directly involved with the plugin and will be able to help/advise far more than i can

Files.zip

Good luck

• Official Post

USB drive does not have to be blank. You can also flash an image using Image Manager, no need for a USB stick.

I answered the question about blacklist already. If don't think anybody else wants to see hidden xx channels that are blank or channels that say no longer available. Channels like hayu which are IPTV on official receivers. The "true LCN" implies that this is what the official receiver uses. We know that this is not the case.

He has made an error on his edits to the provider file. The xml file does not parse, ABM will not load the corrupt provider file, this is why Virgin does not appear for him. He already has the ipk. He refuses to upload his xml file. I even posted a link to an xml validator which will tell him where the error is. I have better things to do!

• jenseneverest Thanks for the files. I tried to copy the post to this one but didn't work.

I will give this a go later today and let you know. In the meantime please see the file I currently have on the box which is not owrking. The file I amanded was within the right folder but showing outside the folder on the box if you see what I mean.

Thanks again.

• OK I have overwritten the entire file from what you sent. Do I also overwrite "cables.xml" and cable_uk_virgin.xml"

And, which file IS the one that is amended to make changes? Presumably I changed the wrong file! Fingers crossed.

Thanks.

• Thank you very much. It is working again. But please can you tel me how do I get the Active and BT Sport Extra to appear on the actual LCN being broadcast over the network. This still has things above 1000.

And the radio channels appear on the radio section but without numbers.

Finally,, 501-508 are missing completely from the list. These are the Sky Sports HD channels which are still on Virgin.

Thanks

• Official Post

Okay glad its working again, but im am the worst person in the world to ask as i simply dont use channel numbers, i turn them off.

I can say only two sly sport HD channels are working now... so that may be why those numbers are missing

There is a lot that can be done with ABM, have a look at the readme files and the the example .lcn files in the custom folder of ABM i sent

See here for the readme

https://github.com/oe-alliance…/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

• This is the bit of text I tried to amend. IMPORTANT - MY QUESTIONS ARE NOT PART OF THE SCRIPT. My questions are preceeded with "###" on the lines below. Please can you answer each question in turn and tell me what to change to achieve what I want? Thanks.

try:

is_assigned

except:

is_assigned = True

###What does that mean please? Looks like a double negative!

dxNoSDT = 0x1 # details of lamedb flags are in README.txt

dxHoldName = 0x8 # details of lamedb flags are in README.txt

flags = dxNoSDT | dxHoldName

provider = "Virgin Media"

#Channel names have quotes, channel numbers do not. Example: ['ITV HD', 250, 500]

blacklist = ['Channel Moved','Eurosport 3HD','Eurosport 4HD','Eurosport 5HD','hayu','ITV PPV HD','L Pack Tier 4','M Pack Tier 1','More TV Pack Tier 2','M+ Pack Tier 3','Netflix','PIN Protection Help', 'S4C HD','The Africa Channel','XL Pack Tier 5','Vevo','Worldbox','YouTube']

###YouTube and PIN Protection Help are still on the platform on official receivers.

bt_sports_xtra = ["BT Sport Extra 0","BT Sport Extra 1","BT Sport Extra 2","BT Sport Extra 3","BT Sport Extra 4","BT Sport Extra 5","BT Sport Extra 6"]

fta_corrections = []

netID = int(bouquet_key[3:8])

netID_whitelist = [41047,

]

###NetID41047 who is that? what does netid Bouquet key 3:8 mean?

# Remove some services unless in netID whitelist

# Channel names have quotes, channel numbers do not. Example: ['ITV HD', 250, 500]

selective_blacklist = [501, 502, 503, 504, 505, "Sky Sports F1 HD", "Sky Sports Action HD", "Sky Sports Arena HD",

]

###if I remove the numbers 501, 502, 503, 504, 505, and the names will these then show up on my list?

if (service["service_name"] in selective_blacklist or service["number"] in selective_blacklist) and netID not in netID_whitelist:

skip = True

###Or if I remove this variable will they show up?

# Correct service type of HD channels not marked as such

if service["service_type"] in DvbScanner.VIDEO_ALLOWED_TYPES and service["service_type"] not in DvbScanner.HD_ALLOWED_TYPES and service["service_name"][-2:] == 'HD':

service["service_type"] = 25

###Some channels on Cable are DVB Type 17 - ie MPEG2/HD, not Type 25. DVB Type 25 is MPEG4/HD

for number in service["numbers"]:

if number in blacklist:

skip = True

break

elif number >= 50 and number <= 64:

service["numbers"] = [number + 952]

break

elif number == 40:

service["numbers"] = [number + 961]

break

elif number == 43:

service["numbers"] = [number + 957]

break

elif number < 100 and service["service_name"] in bt_sports_xtra:

service["numbers"] = [1021 + bt_sports_xtra.index(service["service_name"])]

break

###So you are adding 952 to channels 50-64? That puts them on 1002-1016. I want them on the correct numbers.

###You are also adding 961 to channel 40 - putting that on 1001. Does not make sense!

###You are adding 957 to channel 43 putting that on channel 1000 - nonsense! How can I get these numbers to show in their correct places please by editing the file and is it this one I need to edit. I tried it before but it stopped it parsing, despite saving it via Notepad++ and saving as "All Types with the same file extension.

if service["service_name"] in blacklist:

skip = True

if service["service_name"].startswith("DL_") or service["service_name"].startswith("Hidden"):

skip = True

if service["service_name"].startswith("SptsETV"):

service["free_ca"] = 1

#Some encrypted channels are wrongly flagged as FTA.

if service["service_name"] in fta_corrections:

service["free_ca"] = 1

service["service_flags"] = flags

service["provider_name"] = provider

]]>

So why when I deleted that or changed it did it stop p[arsing? NetID 41047 is NOT in the lis of NetIDs so this does not make sense./ Where is NetID 41047?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!