Supreme Intelligent Dark Motor

• Is my Dark motor (~ 10 years old) consigned to the tip and a new one needed - or is it recoverable? It has worked flawlessly for 10 years, but today it was pointing far east beyond any receivable sats. When using the buttons to request it to move west it moved but the display only had a single digit (usually 6 or 7), let go of the button and use the other button to go east and it moved continuously east - no way of stopping it!! It owes me nothing, so I could just buy another one, but it just may be a faulty reed switch, or something, that is replaceable.

UPDATE: The LED digits are working correctly (after leaving power off for a time), but when using the button to manually return it to somewhere near 0 degrees the display is showing something like 60-odd degrees. So the positional counter needs resetting, and I need to solve the move-east-non-stop problem.

Any ideas / suggestions. Thanks.

Edited once, last by paulus ().

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!