Possible to test an LNB?

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 941 times. The last Post () by ermasat.

• My motor died (see posting Aug15), so I have replaced it with an identical motor. However, I now cannot find 0.8W? I have scanned the area of sky that I know it is, the dish mount is unaltered and I have set the motor angle the same as before and varied it by +/- 5 degrees - but no signal. The motor will move, so I assume the connection from the receiver is OK. I have replaced the cable from the motor to the LNB - but still no signal. I have changed the tuner setup to single dish on 0.8W (receiver reports "Tuner fail") - still scan the sky with no luck. Seems a huge coincidence, but can the LNB have failed - if so is there any way of testing it (without having another one). System is OpenBH 4.2 on a Vu+ Solo2.

Thanks for any help.

• if you have a signal on others satelites like Astra your lnb is good. if not try to change cable from lnb to motor or just rearenge conections on both sides of cable. And if you have signal on other satelites maybe you change setup for thor only. Try to see is it diffrent from setup of satelitte that you now is working and have signal. On some resivers you can see when you put the cable in resiver the procentige of signal is up to 19 % and then you know that lnb is good. if the signal is still 0 maybe you have a problem with lnb or cable

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!