Static I.P. or Not Static I.P.

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 955 times. The last Post () by codar.

• I need a bit of advice around my Static I.P.

For as long as I can remember I have been using a Static I.P. for when I was Cardsharing, and now it's almost been replaced by IPTV, I was wondering if it's worth still paying DynDNS for the service as I only watch Racing UK on my VU Solo 2.

And I am about to start using an IPTV service.

So my question is do I just go back to Dynamic I.P. ?

Every item in my house is set up to Static I.P. about 30 I would say (3 iphones, 2 ipads, 1 iMac, PC, X-Box, PS4, Sly Box, 2 Smart TV's) the list goes on.

I'm using a Home Hub 5....So what would you recommend Static/Dynamic ?

And seeing as it has been so long since I set the router up to Static, what would I need to do to go back to Dynamic ?

Please advise.

Thanks, as always.

• I presume your referring to static ip's set up within your home network (also known as static leases on some routers)

Only reason to have a static ip was to open and forward ports for connections to specific equipment within your network (mainly for your server / receiver)

If you no longer share, then close those ports for security reasons and you probably won't need your dns either.

Better off paying for a vpn instead. (some isp's block streams)

Your iptv service should work weather you have a static or dynamic ip.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!