Access to OpenWebIf from a smartphone

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 892 times. The last Post () by Pinco.

• Hello verybody.

Can anybody help about accessing OpenWebIf from a smartphone?

From my point of view the problem is to make available HTTP via wifi or bluetooth from an Enigma2 set top box.

As HTTP runs over TCP/IP, the problem can be reduced to making available TCP/IP via wifi or bluetooth.

Is there any plugin that allows that? Is it possible to turn an Enigma2 set top box into a wifi hotspot?

Thanks in advance.

• Are you accessing it locally or via Internet?

My box is not reachable via Internet (I hope, and I do not want it to be, for the time being).

I can reach OpenWebIf from my PC via a local TCP/IP connection over Ethernet (Direct cable connection box <-> PC).

I would like to access locally OpenWebIf from my smartphone via a local TCP/IP connection over wi-fi or bluetooth (and I would like the connection to be secure).

Cheers.

• Indeed, I would like to know if it is possible to turn an Enigma2 box into a wi-fi hotspot (which should be a TCP/IP router too), and how to do it.

That would solve my problem.

Cheers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!