Dinobot 4K Update - Including missing E2 afterwards ( Solved )

There are 79 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 19,720 times. The last Post () by Lululla.

• Willo3092

So I decided to update my dinobot 4k tonight. What a bleeding pain in the bum that is with no instructions.

Edit** good online manual can be found here **

https://dbottpvr.tistory.com/51

In the android side, hidden away under atv settings. Go into about....system update...upgrade online.

Selecting 'full' does a clean install, selecting 'normal' keeps your settings.

I decided to do a full install. Now this file comes from google drive so its mega slow to download.

After about an hour (no kidding), my update.zip file had finally downloaded.

Installed the update.

Now when you reboot your box, you now have no Enigma2. Panic.

I tried flashing an enigma2 image, but there is no menu option to press green to start the flash. Panic even more as I thought I had totally ruined my box.

So off to google hunting ground I go. Now after lots of hunting I eventually found out why we have no enigma2 after updating the Android side.

The android install, uses a blank MAC address (supposedly on purpose so it doesn't conflict with anything). It needs your proper MAC address to do things.

Now how on earth you are meant to know this, but you now have to change the MAC address to the one on your box or on the bottom of your Dinobot.

So into android settings I go and I can't find anywhere to change the MAC Address. This is stupid.

Further googling. You need to put your MAC address in a mac.txt file and place it on a USB stick. In the following format.

00:00:00:00:00:00

replace the zeros with your own mac address

So create a blank text file enter my mac details from the box. Save it as mac.txt to a usb stick.

Now to use this mac address on your box you need to load up android. Go into the LIVE TV app (yep I would have guessed that all day long).

In that app go into setup... Misc...preference

At the bottom of that menu you will see an option "Write Mac Serial No.". Click on it to set your new MAC from your USB stick.

Also in this menu you have to select Use E2.

Reboot your box, E2 is now back as a boot choice.

Install the latest OpenATV Image.

http://images.mynonpublic.com/…/index.php?open=dinobot4k

And your box will now be performing a million times better.

It's OK, I pulled my hair out for you. :)

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Dannyps4, I have been reading some of your posts... I haven't got a clue about any of them to be honest, but have you tried speaking to "Captain" on opena.tv site. He seems very clued up on these boxes.

I also randomly came across this site when I was searching. Lots of random information. All in Korean but there is an on page google translator.

Is this a site that is of use to you and your experiments.

dbottpvr.tistory.com/

• Looks like I may have something else to have a faff with after work lol.

Thanks for looking into this, I'll have to have a play with it.

To be fair I have only started the Android side of things a couple of times.

I've been more interested in finding alternative E2 images but the 4K+ seems to have a lot less image support than the 4K.

• The main thing it seems to have fixed is the slow redraw problem. My slyk-1080 skin was terrible on the dinobot.

But maybe this is just because everything is new again. I will do some tests tonight on heavy skins to see if the bugbear has now been fixed.

• The main thing it seems to have fixed is the slow redraw problem. My slyk-1080 skin was terrible on the dinobot.

But maybe this is just because everything is new again. I will do some tests tonight on heavy skins to see if the bugbear has now been fixed.

The redraw thing is still present in the 4K+ and is really irritating. Hopefully an update will sort it.

• hi skinnac I have tried everything but couldn't install E2 on my u5pvr tried mac.txt,used 3 new sd cards wasted them but the receiver won't boot to E2,can you upload video how to install E2

skinnac? KiddaC thanks.

Where to find online update.

how to add your new MAC details. (USB stick not SD card)

http://u5pvr.blogspot.com/2017…ress-after-upgrading.html

If your SD card has absolutely no enigma2 image on there is instructions here.

https://u5pvr.blogspot.com/201…2/u5pvr-with-enigma2.html

otherwise just download an image I use openatv.

http://images.mynonpublic.com/…ndex.php?open=dinobot4kse

And flash it as normal.

USB in rear usb port. Power on. Press green when Menu is shown on display. Always a bit buggy this I tend to press green...ok...green...ok repeately to kick it in.

Might take a few attempts.

Once you have installed your MAC address, installed an enigma2 image. Make sure dual boot is set in the 'LIVE TV' App.

I am certainly no expert on u5pvr, but following above should get you on your way.

ps. Your SD cards will not be wasted.

If using them on a linux machine they will be in linux format and unreadable on Windows. Just reformat them in Windows.

• yes I did reach him for almost all my issues, however his team and him are only focused on Enigma 2

• I am mainly an enigma2 man, so never really used the android side of things.

There is no mention of dinotv on my dinobot4k that you mention in your private message.

There is the main app called live tv and also tv headend. And obvioudly being android you can install perfect player and probably any other stalker emulator.

As far as my thoughts... if you update to all the latest files and drivers, this is a very good box.

The dual boot is wasted on me though as I say, I don't use the android side of things at the moment.

Not to sure about the MAC side of things, because you have to set the boxes MAC to that, that is provided on a sticker on the original box.

Whether you can change this for use with a particular app, I have no idea.

• adding to this topic the Dinbot 4k plus comes with OpenATV 6.1 preloaded so the only thing you have to do or what I did was update my from within Enigma 2 OpenATV 6.1 to Pure2 which I like more.

So Android is on nand and e2?

What needs to be on an sd card?

Tried loads of boxes for the hobby but never the hybrids as in reality gimmicky and normally driver issues, but bored and fancy a go.

A mate has the Dinobot U5 mini and loves it though, altough he has not much of benchmark vrs other devices.

• Mine doesn´t even have the SD card in it, so as you said, yes it has another partition only for E2, thanks god OpenATV allows you to do a flash online or from a USB thumb drive without having to press the green button while the box is booting, so for me is alot easier this way, this method also works with Pure2,

but this makes me wonder, what if E2 crashes, what would be the method to fix it??

• Thanks for the reply mate.

I much prefer PurE2 also, some nice OLM plugins on that also.

Acquiring the same Dino as kiddac, as just wanna play, and aint paying £180 for the u5.

• its heck of a box after now i have sorted out how to install e2 on my u5pvr/4k SE ,dual boot is such a convenient,if you cannot have something in e2 you can always go to android side & enjoy games,apps,media streaming with 4k HDR,i think hybrid receivers are the future of set top boxes ,latest android OS atv7 which is going to be updated to latest android OS atv8 Oreo,got my finger crossed that new OS will bring some new goodies. Loving this box so future proof indeed.

• Hiya, ive just got a dinobot 4k+ now on the e2 bit, ive got wooshbuild on the open atv 6.1 now all my channels are there and it just keeps crashing any ideas why?

Dinobot 4K images

Download openatv, pure2, openhdf images | firmware for Dinobot 4K and Dinobot 4K SE, android, enigma2, satellite and cable linux hd receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!