Which is the best choice of satellite receiver Dreambox 4K or Vu+ 4K

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,804 times. The last Post () by tahir2007pk.

• In our opinion the VU+ 4K range are better supported.

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• Hi
    Have same dilemma Dream or VU or different (4K)

I expect smooth config and setup / easy navigation - nice GUI

Good support and updates (one click button)

At least 2 smart cards support

No overheating - lack of freezing

DVB-S2X

IPTV

I need serious advise please

Regards

• Official Post

It all depends of what image you are used to. I have both Dreambox and Vu+ and i will say that Vu+ is my choice

Diffrence of OE does not matter OE 2 or OE 2.5.

Support for both are simular only choice of images are smaller for Dreambox.

But skin,plugin and other stuff are about the same Setup and config is also about the same only diffrence is choice of image

Slide in to http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/ and have look the guys over there can help you to get the right one for your purpuse and use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Go for the new vu ultimo it’s a great satllite box

Now starts at only £409.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

• Is there any improvement of pic. quality on HD content with a 4K box ?

Because there are very few UHD broadcasts.

I have an UHD TV with a Dreambox 820 could consider updating to 900 series.

4K content of youtube is perfect on the tv.

• Is there any improvement of pic. quality on HD content with a 4K box ?

in my opinion theres a little bump in quality though might depend on the quality of tv your watching on.

• Official Post

Is there any improvement of pic. quality on HD content with a 4K box ?

The answer is both yes and no.

If you have a UHD TV and set your stb to UHD 2160p then you are scaling up the 1080p så picture quality will decrease like when you upscale any picture.

But if you set your stb to 1080p instead and your TV is HD then you probaly might get better quality then a regular HD stb

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Sorry that is totally wrong....you should.set your receiver to 2160p......a good tv like one of the current Oleds will upscale the picture to show a bump in quality.

• go for dinobot 4k se/u5pvr & enjoy both android & E2,4k youtube,netflix millions of apps with good support for E2 from openatv,openspa,pure2,hdfreak etc

You do realise that the Dinobot is running a hacked unlicensed ROM for Android TV? Updates to Android Tv could just simply stop, app's like Netflix, Prime Video could simply just stop working....

• Well as we all know the Chinese and Koreans aren't really known for doing things legally when it comes to electronics and licensing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of android devices you can buy on amazon and ebay don't have the google proprietary software licenses to enable them to rightly and fully use Android Tv, but they all do.

I don't think many people in this hobby have a conscience about whether the hardware or software is fully licensed.

If a box is good, a box is good. Simple.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Depends if someone is specifically purchasing this device due to the Android TV OS and being able to use Netflix / Prime video etc...

Doubt we'll be selling this device, yes could be good today, but tomorrow could be without Netflix or Primevideo etc.... So whats the point of Android TV if that happens? Without the main streaming apps? May aswell have a device with a standard Android OS.

Anyway just my thoughts. After all these aren't cheap devices we're talking about.

• The dinobot is still a competitively priced box with or without Android. I personally see android as an added bonus rather than it being its core product.

I don't disagree with your concerns if people are primarily Android, but if that was the case, surely they would just buy an Android box or firestick rather than a hybrid enigma2/android box.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• The dinobot is still a competitively priced box with or without Android. I personally see android as an added bonus rather than it being its core product.

I don't disagree with your concerns if people are primarily Android, but if that was the case, surely they would just buy an Android box or firestick rather than a hybrid enigma2/android box.

We'd disagree, its not competitively priced at all for what essentially is just a Combo receiver with a Hisilicon CPU. If someone wants a E2 box theres far better options with much better driver support out there, also less expensive. Whats the point of spending a minimum of £149 on a box and regarding one of the main selling points (the Android TV OS) as just a bonus?

Anyway just my opinion. Not out to offend anyone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!