mx box firmware update

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,344 times. The last Post () by 1999gtv.

• :goodevening

Hi,

Could someone point me in the right direction on how to find out what firmware what i need for a box that i'm trying to update for a friend, I'm not sure what the chipset the box has, do i have to open the box to find out?

It would also need to be Android 5+ to run kodi 17.6, any help on this would be great.

Thanks

• It can be difficult to get new firmware for these android boxes unless it is one of the better brands that release regular firmware updates. You will normally need to know storage size, amount of ram, chipset , which brand of wireless and ethernet chips it uses at the very least. Most of this you should be able to find if you open the box but even then there is a good chance of bricking the box during flashing if there is any slight discrepancy. I have had more luck installing libreelec on an sd card and running kodi from there, providing the box is capable of dual boot it is normally the safest way, though not ideal.

• Sorry for delay in reply I have used cards from 4gb to 8gb in size and speed class 10. I have managed to dual boot on some amlogic 805 and 905 devices but not all. The easiest boxes are those with the 905 processor with a whole site dedicated to providing the relevant builds of libreelec for boxes of different specifications.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!