New DVB-S receiver: Enigma2/Linux or Android

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,054 times. The last Post () by zyjzy.

• Hello all,

I am planning to buy a new DVB-S2 receiver. My budget is not too much, so it seems DM or VU+ are not the options. I am thinking about one of these two:
    1. Formuler F4 Turbo: DVB-S2 (C/T plug), H.265/FHD, CI Slot, 3x USB, Enigma2/Linux

2. Formuler S Turbo: DVB-S2 (T plug), OTT IPTV, H.265/UHD, CI Slot, 2x USB, Android

The main advantages of F4 turbo are the support from open source Linux community and DVB-C slot (which I'm not sure I'll need)

The main advantages of S turbo are the Android operating system. But I'm not sure whether this is really an advantage. Are Android boxes known to be good satellite receivers? Also, Android is known to become sluggish after some use. Do you guys think that will be a problem? UHD capability is also there in S turbo but there is not much content out there at the moment...

I'm only a beginner with the satellite receiver world, so any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance! :)

• Got a Formuler F4 turbo here and been using for 10 months now + great little box. Using VIX and does IPTV bits too. Got separate Android box - X96 mini but not been much success apart from Spotify access.

• Paulct What made you go for F4 turbo? Do you (think you will) miss DVB-S2X capability?

Very pleased with the F4 turbo. Using it with 3 lnb setup for 28.2/19.2/13 setup using DISECQ switch. Record programs on to Sandisk USB sticks and can access on my network so can watch on my computers and laptop + can also move recordings over to computer if want to save. Also then use with Handbrake to save space of video files. Best set up I have had so far.

• sorry to hijack this post

I am also looking at both the formuler F4 and S..

I plan to use mainly with FTA channels on both astra 28 and HB13 with two dishes (diseqc switched).

I would like to have a good EPG (self updating) and maybe the possibility to do CS once it gets available again..

I am leaning heavily toward the F4 but I was wondering why the S couldn't do stuff as well (I do not use IPTV yet might use in the future, and have a firestick as well)..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!