Different images

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,512 times. The last Post () by jokosat.

• I would be interested in comparison of features between the different operating images. When buying sometimes have the choice of which to install and tend to fall back to VIX. What differences go with PLI, OpenATV, Team Blue, OpenEight etc.

• The six million dollar question?

Which is the best build. The answer is the one that suits your needs and usage.

Openpli - is a very bare bones build. Because of this its quick but can be complicated, because it lacks the elements found in a lot of the other builds. Therefore you have to manually install a lot of things to get it to function like some of the other popular builds like openatv and openvix.

Builds that are based on the oe-alliance code... openvix/openatv/openspa/hdfreaks etc etc, are all very similar. The only main difference you will see front end is the menu stuctures. What lives where. There are lots of minor things different in the background, but unless you go digging into the code you won't really notice any difference.

Can't really comment on Team blue or openeight as I have no experience of them.
    But another build becoming increasingly popular is PurE2 build. It tries to do thing a little more modern a funkier. Its well worth a look.

Build choice can also be influenced about what skin you wish to use. Skins designed for oe-alliance builds will not work fully on openpli, and vice versa.

There are many tools now available that allow a multiboot. Therefore you can flit between the different builds to try them once you have set everything up.

To answer your question, download a few popular builds and just give them ago. Everyone tends to just settle with a build they like, for no other reason than that is what they are familiar with.

OpenVix is very popular in the UK, as its UK based team.
    OpenATV became very popular due to the influx of zgemma boxes that openvix didn't support.
    OpenPli is very popular in Europe as their users are more hands on type of people. Most UK users are used to pre-made builds so wouldn't know where to start with openpli :)
    PurE2 is for the trendies. Ha.

Just my 2ps worth.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• What do people use over the pond? Do they use the same boxes, do they use the same images.

Its a question I have no idea of the answer. Be interesting to know.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Official Post

KiddaC wrote

What do people use over the pond? Do they use the same boxes, do they use the same images.

Its a question I have no idea of the answer. Be interesting to know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a few freinds and relatives on the other side and my impression is that they dont really use any Enigma2 based system.

The small group of people who are using this recivers are often people from europe living there.

But they use alot of Android IPTV/FTA recivers so my guess is OpenATV with your plugin will be a great hit over there :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• whats popular in north america?

Speaking for myself, and I'm just left of Macon, Georgia. Where just yesterday Hurricane Michael paid us a visit (overnight). I have 4 enigma2 receivers. The oldest one is an AZBoxME with 3 boots on it, boot one has OpenATV 6.2, boot two has OpenESI 6.0, and boot three has OpenPLI 6.1. The second receiver is an Icecrypt 3750, it has OpenATV 6.2 on it. The other two are Octagon sf4008's, one of which has OpenATV 6.2 on it, the other one has OpenDroid 6.6 on it. I've tried many, if not all images at one time or another. And for me the OpenATV images has the ease I need for my knowledge of enigma2 receivers. But it comes down to what you want or need, so you have to try different images until you find what best suits your wants and needs?

I won't say any image is better than another, nor that I like any better than another. To me this is a hobby and my receivers are my toys. I use my toys and have a good time. Part of that fun is changing images to see if something else has improved. Now they have the multiboot thing that I haven't played with yet? I'm sure I will eventually which should make changing images a lot better. But, I'm retired so I have time to play the game as it is already known to me. The multiboot will come when it comes. Right now I don't quite grasp how to load the extra images for the multiboot, so I don't know how it works? Neither am I ready to learn? So, for the moment I'll leave well enough alone.

Also, KiddaC is absolutely right

Guns are very popular here in North America

Al

• Same here really as the satellite things are my boys toys and retired ex TV engineer. Set up with 80cm dish with disecq switches and working off 28.2/19.2/13 degree positions. Been using VIX for the last year and works well with my FTA channels. Must have a dabble though with some new images and see it they offer anything new. Keep me busy for the winter months.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!