EDISION Primo IP S2 - Is no searching stations

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,964 times. The last Post () by gfilipp.

• a few more informations could be usefull.

are you using another receiver in same cable/antenna and works?

have you done any diseqc settings?

tried to upgrade software? (or are you using the latest one?)

• The cable is directly connected to LNB/Receiver. Other old receivers are working good on this Dish. It seems a firmware /hardware problem of tunning/memory. Only the external channel lists are working. The Octagon SX 88/+ is working without problems. Unfortunately it is not possible to change the firmware of the Edision Primo by the Octagon SX 88 due to the memory of the Primo Edision being smaller. As a veteran in the satellite world I really was expecting more from this much-publicized multistream receiver. There are many complaints in the forums due to this problems with the Edision Primo, that do not happen with other similar ones like the Octagon SX 88+ and Golden Interstar Alpha. With the latest firmware 1.04.62, it does not capture the 5 º W French channels nor the Spanish terrestrial channels (Abertis) in the Hispasat 30º W as announced. Also the softcam.keys do not work. In fact, this toy is a real Edision puzzle.

• generaly,the above boxes are the same box (different bootloader).

off course you have not to install firmware from one to other, i just asked if you tried to install a different version of firmware (to be sure that it is or isn't firmware bug).

i own the receiver,and i do not have any problems in scaning, i can receive full multistream channels in 5W (all french and italian) and not me personal ,but trusted sources,saw me abertis too.

so i can only think that you have a box which has problem,and you just have to ask for a replace...

• I changed the firmware and I just did a normal automatic search for Hispasat 30º W and more than 300 channels appeared (Abertis 0). Now I'm doing a (lengthy) search in Blind Search> MultiStream> Renew channels data and nothing appears. We can see there is a signal (strength / quality) but the channels are not listed. Something strange is happening, really.

• i didn't tried abertis in this receiver,but i know that it was something which caused big problems...using latest software the scaning in 30W is not finishing,and you have to scan transporder by transporder (and reboot in every transporder scaning).

in any case,to scan and appear abertis channels,you have to add fisrt a file called "abertis bisskey"...

• Regarding the multistream, the Primo IP S2 does not actually find Multi-Stream Transponders with the Blind Scan. So, we must search the channels e.g Eutelsat 5º W:

Mode = Auto

Multi-Stream = On

FTA only = On (To avoid the encoded channels)

TV/Radio = TV

NIT Search = Off

Search = Press OK

- The Blind-Search works fine for finding normal SD & HD transponders,

• as i remember in blind search,there isn't option to enable multistream (and i think that the same happens and to the other "same" receivers)

by the other side... blind scan is a feature to find occasional transmittings. i don't remember (and i don't find the reason) for a multistream feed...

• Maybe we are not speaking about the same Primo firmware. On SW version 1.04.62 we have the options (Antenna Settings):

Mode : Blind

Multi Stream: On/Off

Renew Channels Data: On/Off

Search: Press OK

Note: On Blind Search and Multistream On, doesn't work.

• maybe we are talking about the same firmware,but i am playing with "new toys",and i don't remember... (so there is this option)

about the issue for blind search and multistream , i can do a report,but in octagon and alpha are working?

• Although the Octagon SX88 is similar to the Edision Primo, there are some differences: the Octagon SX88 / + has the Enigma2, Edison Primo does not have. I think Edision Primo has half the memory of the Octagon SX and thus will not support Enigma2 a little heavier. It's what I think.

best regards

Edited once, last by khalifa2 ().

• Although the Octagon SX88 is similar to the Edision Primo, there are some differences: the Octagon SX88 / + has the Enigma2, Edison Primo does not have. I think Edision Primo has half the memory of the Octagon SX and thus will not support Enigma2 a little heavier. It's what I think.

best regards

those boxes will not support enigma2... (they are linux boxes,but closed source and not enigma2)

if you want to see something good in enigma2,check edision osnino pro. (octagon sf8008 sounds good too,but they have to resolve a few problems first)

edision primo,is equal to octagon sx88 (not the plus model),but sx88 has a little problem in ac3 sound (5w french multistream channels).

but i didn't understood, (if you know) if the same problem (blind scan + multistream does not work) excist also in sx88 and gi alpha...

• Good shot, georgeflu!

You're right. I was led by information that exists in some forums saying that the Octagon sx88 / + was Enigma2. I checked the Octagon website and in the last 1.04.66 firmware revision was actually added "E2 Settings supports improved" which apparently are different things. In fact, as you say, there are plenty of bugs to fix on these little toys.

The last Primo upgrade was 1.04.62.

Thank you for your attention

Regards

• Same proplem and with me!it shows signal In some transpoders and dont download the channels!that happens in some transpoders in many satellites :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!