PaphosAL

• Official Post

Some sad news about a friend of mine. Al who did some fantastic work on the Commando image as well as other Linux receiver images/plugins

As posted by SatSearching on UKCVS forum

Dear members.

I am sorry to bring bad news, but it appears Paphos Al (fellow admin) passed away on the 22nd of September this year.

We noticed he hadn't logged into the forum since the 19th of September, I have been emailing him, texting and calling his home and mobile number, mobile has been switched off.

As I have some personal details of him, I did some googling yesterday and found a public notice of his death, the name and his address did match up.

As you may know, his wife passed away in July last year, I don't have contact with his daughter so do not know any other details of his death yet.

AL was a true gent with a heart of gold who would always go that extra mile to help anyone. I met him for a beer a couple of times when working in his area, as you know he worked very hard on various images in the Linux STB scene, especially Commando, and very active here as an Admin. We knew was un-well but shocked to find this news yesterday.

As his name suggests, he had a love of Paphos in Cyprus and managed to have a holiday there again earlier this year, I was so pleased for him.

We are all gutted to find this news. I am honestly in tears posting this.

RIP AL, you will be truly missed by many.

Admin Team

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!