Help with recording on zgemma please

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,027 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Good Evening everyone!

I am having difficulty setting up recording on my zgemma h9s box.

I have followed some instructions from a thread on here and will attach some photos of my setup if that helps.(see link below for pictures)

https://imgur.com/a/zx10c91

After the below steps i clicked record on a channel i was watching on iptv which should allow me to record if i am watching it but i just get the spinning / loading sign in the top left after i click record until end of event

The steps i followed are:

I formatted a USB to FAT32

Setup hard-drive initialisation

Then setup a swap file of 256mb Activated it and autostarted it

Setup mount manager as media/hdd

Setup timeshift as media/hdd/timeshift

There are two steps included that mention cross epg and setting epg to media/hdd instead of internal flash

Could these be what im doing wrong ?

I am unsure if crossepg is needed?

Please could someone guide me as i really want to test out recording and timeshift :(

• Some thoughts from me - I also have an H9S. You did not specify if you are trying to Record Sat channels (via a sat dish feed e.g. Free to Air), or IPTV. H9S only has 1 tuner so you would not be able to watch 1 sat channel whilst recording another unless you bought another USB tuner.

Recording IPTV can be done but depends on how many connections your IPTV supplier allows.

You dont need a swap file or CrossEPG.

Timeshift should be easy to setup - just turn it on.

Both timeshift and Recording can take a lot of space so make sure you have enough storage

• Thanks baz!

Sorry for not saying which service i wanted to record but its iptv :)

I have a 1TB western digital HDD.

When i set timeshift up on iptv would I expect to see like something similar to sly when i pause? Like the little play icon bottom left and then be able to rewind?

This also doeant work , you are right i only have one connection from my provider but i was told by him that i could record the channel i was on with one connection to test out if i liked i.

Reckon its worth requesting another connection as this could be the problem?

In addition to this question do you have any experience with recording on cable lines? Like a VM n line for example? Im looking into them but was told you dont get sports anymore as they are all blocked or not FHD sports anyways? Look forward to hearing from you and thanks for getting back to me really!

• For what it's worth...

Have you expanded your NAND/flash with a Micro SD card or USB, perhaps? Given NAND space limitations you may have been stuck for that reason, perhaps?

If you expand it (see my tutorial - I put it here, as well), EPG can go where ever you want it to be - on mSD, too. But don't send it to an HDD, as it has moving parts and it will turn every time you zap/move channels, slowing things down in the process (of higher HDD wear & tear)... EPG should go on USB stick or mSD, I think.

HDD should only handle recording and timeshfit, nothing else!

Have a look at my settings in E2iPlayer/IPTV Player, for reference. Two ways of doing it with buffer on USB stick and mSD (if it's large enough), respectively.

86ed3dcfe7de3a8fc619.jpg

99653e36e0d9054.jpg

This alone might fix your problem, as the space required for it is 1.5GB, weirdly... :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

465e9.jpg

b893bdb2da1f9ecb95647b.jpg

Activate logging, too. It might be helpful in resolving the issues...

And use PurE2, btw... it works like a charm...:laugh1:

Best of luck!;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Hi

Could I ask if you are able to help and if I need a multi subscription or if you are able to advise.

I have the zgemma h9s with wooshbuild infinity and open atv I have a usb 16gb and wd 4tb drive for timeshift and recording.

The problem is when I press record the menu to choose record end comes up and the record symbol but it then stops allowing me to do anything after I press record and I have to restart the box to get out of it.

I have used a flash expander plugin and tried everything I can find online, any ideas or advice would be great please

• 1) Use Mini Tool Partition Wizard in Windows to partition your USB stick: make 2 partitions in EXT4 format:

-2GB to move the root (/) from the limited 256MB flash to the USB stick

-the other partition will use the rest of the space for picons, Buffer, Cache, subtitles etc. etc.

2) Use another USB stick to flash PurE2 v. 6.2.

3) Find my thread on how to expand the H9 small flash to USB stick/mSD card.

4) Move root to USB stick's smaller partition - now you have 2GB of space for all sorts of plugins etc.

5) Next, find my thread re. how to mount HDD/SSD properly etc. (all the relevant info is mostly in PurE2 section)!

6) Then, try recording by pressing the small round red dot button and tell us what options you get...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• How do I get my h9s to record iptv it’s a problem I’m having as it records sometimes or part of a movie like 14 mins

I’m using openatv 6.3 wooshbuild infinity

USB 32gb

I’ve set it up over and over and it just keeps happening

Thanks in advance

• Yes, flash PurE2 and forget about problems of that sort... See above...

YIFY downloads fast and no worries... for instance...

• That's why I wrote a careful, detailed series of threads in this and other - especially our, PurE2 - sections of the forum...

Don't be lazy, don't be afraid, it's all here, just start from the stickies and you will get there!

Good luck!

• So what?

• You tell me...

FNC, for one thing, won't work on non-PurE2 image (except 2-3 older ones)...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!