Vodafone and IPTV

• Hi, Im hoping Solomon can help me please and may have came across this issue before, I have a Vu Zero running IPTV, It worked really well for a long time then suddenly is skips badly. Ive noticed though on the some Non HD Channels it works ok, others not so good. The HD is no go. Takes forever to come in even with 70 meg broadband speed. I am with vodafone, and so is my father, I took the system up and left it for a week and it runs perfectly. I used different systems at home and ran a cable direct from the router. Everything points straight back to you router. My guy feeling is that there was a software update maybe on my router changing the settings? and not on my dads. Have anyone came across this issue or is there settings in the router I can change to counter this? Thanks

• Yes 2 options

Option 1 : install a vpn on your router(best option) if possible/or receiver

Option 2 : find a vpn server that is not throttled/blocked by your isp....public payservers usually are so steer clear.

• When I used vodafone.es, I too had big problems trying to use VPN as all were blocked.

Check see if there´s a 7 day trial or if the vpn itself has a compiled list of incompatible Isps.

Please login to see this picture.

• When I used vodafone.es, I too had big problems trying to use VPN as all were blocked.

Check see if there´s a 7 day trial or if the vpn itself has a compiled list of incompatible Isps.

Isp's should really have no say or quibble if using a VPN.. its generally hardware/ and /or (user error)that folks find a downfall when trying this.

Open source routers sorts things out... i recommend ddwrt or merlin and F them all :-)

Currently using netgear nighthawk myself with merlin which is actually asus firmware based.... cant fault it...