PurE2 general flashing/setup tutorial...

There are 49 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 17,277 times. The last Post () by brontolo58.

• (Every Lidl helps...:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1: )

PurE2 in pictures... Later on in words, too, hehe...

PurE2 will be supported by yours truly, the only (or at least the first) person on Earth who previously wrote a comprehensive tutorial for Enigma2, CamD's, CS, streaming, playback and all the worts...:laugh1::hello

Note: for mounting USB devices, restart from the second option, not from fstab, as in the screenshot, by mistake...

Njoy!;)

37a70.jpg

My setup is for a static (T90 + 1 more dish for 30W) dish, with 12 QUAD LNBs and 4 x DiSEqC switches (DiSEqC v. 1.1)...

eeee8af1b4a885.jpg

7620707843.jpg

86ef8ffe8.jpg

67b8f84.jpg

79fffa09ecc25.jpg

335e7a5b45bfec5ef5e.jpg

2dc8de798c4e2ec.jpg

fe563a89b15.jpg

57367f9bcf62f55323f53d1e3.jpg

c9c5c230366a019b3efa68f76.jpg

c9c5c230366a019b3efa68f76.jpg

f81ffbee217325ddf7348.jpg

7337f9b32b6fa.jpg

b0db3b84ded2865d3195e51b.jpg

5d1bc7e27da75efecd.jpg

38847e25f67e.jpg

c92e67116ed0d6c9876310.jpg

8650f25764bfd613ef6ea6.jpg

7848a.jpg

2dea9deebe000f98.jpg

5840082af83a4350fa2e3b8.jpg

c8a339.jpg

9b6a0f.jpg

a479d84c0c797444f53a34a.jpg

f6c8a8728d9871afd.jpg

bc30b0a9a5f5e494e7315e.jpg

8aaa63918.jpg

a095ccc0678.jpg

3500460e.jpg

1c14afafc22816.jpg

66d351e403be7f1b9b.jpg

3fbbc94fae8436.jpg

3d3f359c5d1f8.jpg

f922b.jpg

b05112da234b6d.jpg

f86c472.jpg

298aa81052.jpg

29c20b249d840.jpg

0c054f3c8bf.jpg

853107f941.jpg

f053227f7.jpg

565cb51a6a0e81.jpg

94bfe0e6b9c2b5dc76.jpg

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• OK, I have written a few posts which can help newbies here:

Read post 50 and this one: Zgemma h7 uhd 4k review - it will lead you to a few other useful posts, too, just follow the links in it... :)

And here is another one that can help a few hobbyists... ;)

PiG question

It's called a PiG :laugh1: (Picture in Graphics, as opposed to PiP) and I don't think we have it (I haven't bothered in a long time, I must say)...

I think OpenATV do not have it any more, also - OpenPLi do, if memory serves, in a specific skin - but what we have is the OE-A thing: MENU > Setup > System > Channel selection settings > Channel list preview but that is an image in the background, not smaller, resized clear image and then one has to press OK button twice to select the image and get out of the channel list, which I find cumbersome and annoying...

PurE2 is a very cool, malleable skin

Have a look at MENU > Plugins > Estuary (skin) config.... Very cool and flexible! ;) From main skin menu, to background, to colours etc. etc.

Plugins > Estuary config >

Menu section > Menu Style > I choose Icon Wall to have all the options at a glance but you have other possibilities, like Shift, Shift Horizon, Verby and Standard

Choose Background Wallpaper (no. 4 for me)

etc. etc.

Weather plugin > OK > MENU button > yellow to edit > write your town's name > yellow to search for the code > choose... > save...

Remote button settings

They are in different places, if memory serves...

Have a look at System > Keyboard/RC> Button setup (EPG > I choose MultiEPG), plus Extra button setup, where you can do a lot, if you're that fussy... :P

Also at User Interface > UI Settings...

PurE2 FNC plugins by Franc

Can't remember now how to (more) directly use IMDb-FNC (one of the special plugins by Franc in MENU > PurE2 Plugins) but you can get better info re. content you wanna watch...

But you can press Info > MENU button > Search with IMDb-FNC > choose...

649eae.jpg

OSCam

(This is the link to the relevant post of mine) OSCam Emu Config Mario for all PV providers

(Edit the config files using, for instance, Notepad++ (freeware)...;))

It is running pretty swell!!! :laugh1:

And it has a whole section on this forum, which I find excellent!!!:thumbup:

OSCam Info on your screen

If you want a skin interface for OSCam it's to be done in Skin config (Plugins > Estuary config > Infobar widget = ECM Info + PIDs and

Setup > System > User Interface > UI > Show OSCam Info in extensions = yes. You must set it up properly: normal TV channel > blue button > OSCam Info > Setup > Read user data... = no; Automatically... = no, 10 sec, for instance; green button to save. Exit and go back to it and enjoy...:)

Indeed, this is the point: enjoy messing about... :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

Edited once, last by gorski ().

• PiG correction

We actually have PiG and it's in MENU > Setup > System > EPG > Graphical EPG...

913856caf.jpg

It's not a resized, smaller, clear picture of a TV channel, more in the background but at least you are listening, while you browse/ZAP...;)

• Well, after a long time, I just checked again (in my Zgemma H7S with PurE2 v. 6.2, booting into PiP variant (MENU > STANDBY/RESTART > MULTIBOOT > button V or ^ to go to the PiP image version), obviously [2 x DVB-S2X and DVB-T2]): PiP is now working fine! No more freezing, crashing, slowing down badly etc. etc. Coders tell me that the last driver improvement was at the end of August, so...?

As in:

-no problem watching 2 channels, audio from only one, of course

-swapping them and that way you change which channel's audio you listen to

-resizing them, from one very small, all the way to splitting the screen, i.e. to equal size windows

-zapping one window, then

-changing which window will be zapped in and zapping in that window freely

-madly changing channels from a big list in any direction, whichever channel (I have a T90 with 12 LNBs)

-combining sat TV and terrestrial channels etc.

Pretty darn smooth, I am pleased to say... And that was the last point I thought of as an issue, so now I can call it an almost PERFECT BOX (nothing is perfect, except my wife, of course :laugh1::rasta2bigsmoke0gf1: )!!! :cool1::thumbup::beer1:

The "experimental" part from the name of the image can be removed, as far as I am concerned - it just does what it says on the tin!

P.S. Also tested my new H9.2H - also working well, any sat TV channel + terrestrial channel...

• Since I was asked how all that actually works in Zgemma STBs with PurE2...

PiP (Picture in Picture) in PurE2

For H7: MENU > STANDBY/RESTART > MULTIBOOT > ^ or V (up or down) buttons around the OK button, to choose the image variant that has PiP enabled (in fact, in H7 one hasn't got only 4 but actually 8 images: 4 main ones and each image has a PiP version, too). Restart and then...

H7 and H9/H9.2.X series: choose a channel > blue button > activate PiP

Then, blue button > green button, to set it up the way you want it to appear... (read the messages and keep pressing 0 'til you are happy > OK).

Blue > red button to change the window in which you can zap/change/choose different channels > V or ^ buttons to get the list of channels > green button > choose, for instance Terrestrial > choose a channel > OK...

Then blue button > yellow button to swap the places, i.e. which window is active (i.e. which audio you are listening to) > OK...

Play a bit, you can't fuck it up...

Blue > blue to exit PiP...

Njoy!

• Greetings all,

I have installed Pure2 on Zgemma H9S and I was wondering whether Pure2 would also work on my Technomate NANOSE M2 PLUS. It is currently running OpenVix but the Pure2 interface is much nicer and works better, I think (or may be because I have been using OpenVix for the last 2 years and need a change).

Thanks

• We don't have those boxes, sorry... No support - no PurE2...

Unless it is an OEM box (same HW as...XYZ) and then you can use such an image, IF it exists...

• Hi all,

i installed now this beautiful image on Zgemma h9 combo.

All is smooth, but i can't connect by ftp (userid and password not correct).

Userid= root

Password blank

Some suggestion?
    Thank you!

Edit: Password founded... :)

Edited 2 times, last by myfiddle ().

• Both should be OK. Try and see...

Relatively soon, we hope, 6.4 will come...

• i installed pure2 last week on my old amiko alien 2 box and must say its the best image i have seen in years .It was very easy to install everything literally flew in .I have used the image now for a week without problem. MY box is old and slow so i did a little reading and tried installing flash extender using a usb stick.

installation went ok.but lost communication with the remote . Since installing flash extender the buttons on the box itself are responding much faster.

Can anyone please suggest how to get remote working. I can use openwif ok.

any help appreciated

• Who knows what went wrong, these things sometimes happen...

Never have I heard that remote stopped working after flash expander was installed and flash expanded...

I would recommend re-flashing but no flash expander is necessary, probably, depending on how much stuff you want to install...

If you do the structuring of PurE2 carefully, as I explained elsewhere, i.e. if you send EPG, picons, buffering and cache etc. (it must be set in each plugin separately, I'm afraid, like E2iStream, YIFY, Look Movie etc.) to the USB stick, plus make a larger SWAP file on it - perhaps it will be enough... Make a note: SWAP MANAGER 2 from Plugins > green button > Systemplugins (because that SWAP file will be PERMANENT, unlike the built-in one)!

If not, then MultiMiniBoot perhaps?

Good luck!

• How did you set it up? Precisely?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!