Heinz - Enigma2 Catchup Plugin For IPTV

There are 63 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 18,535 times. The last Post () by gman_2020.

• Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here is using this plugin and what degree of success they are having with it.

My IPTV provider issues a Suls E2m3u2bouquet script for their service and this sits every nicely with it - low resource and very functional.

https://github.com/oottppxx/en…tree/master/plugins/heinz

afeafc1d51792dbb7e6.jpg

NOTE: The easiest way to use this plugin is by binding a key to it, to be able to invoke it directly from a live stream and/or "ketchup" stream.

When invoked during a supported live stream,

2b7dae.jpg

settings can be changed from the EPG screen using the

Menu

key.

If invoked during an unsupported live stream, letting the timeout expire will take you to the setup menu where you can adjust the settings.

28ab7bffd4fb85cf849f024b.jpg

If invoked during a "ketchup" stream (from v6.2.1c, reinvoking is only needed if you exit the "ketchup" and then
    resume it via zap history),

ff70f18d82dad2004b2.jpg

the following keys can be used to control it:

Left, Right, Up, Down, OK, Back, and Exit

as well as

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

These keys will, respectively:

• rewind the timeline;
    • forward the timeline;
    • display stream information;

13789b731d4eeb29e54f7f4a.jpg

pause the stream;

072a0a.jpg

• reload the stream at the current/selected timeline time;
    • stop the stream and return to the previous one;
    • exit the timeline and continue as is;
    • forward the timeline 1..10 minutes.

If the stream is reloaded without any change to the timeline, the stream will go back by the configured number of minutes (see settings): this is useful if a stream gets stuck and just a reload is needed.

From version 6.0.3j, a keymap.xml file (located in the usual plugins/Heinz directory) is used that also maps other keys to the relevant actions during timeline display, for example:

Rewind/PreviousSong, FastForward/NextSong, Info/EPG, Pause/Play+Pause, Play, and Stop.

Depending on your remote, you might need to edit this file, namely regarding the mapping of the pause/play/ play+pause keys, or if you just want to map/unmap the keys you're more comfortable with using. Make sure to keep a copy of the edited file, as upgrades to newer versions of the plugin will overwrite it.

From version 6.2.0a, "recording" functionality was added, that allows one to download content from the archive into the local drive.

Dev/Testing on OpenATV 6.0, Caveat Emptor.

For new versions with "recording" functionality:

Dev/Testing on OpenATV 6.2, Caveat Emptor.

• oottppxx - Little bit confused as to how this French's plugin works.

Have followed your instructions in the Readme and created the modified m3u url with encoding like you suggested. Also installed the French's plugin. I am using e2m3u2bouquet v0.7.7 and have got the M3URL to work so it populates the bouquets but what do I do with the EPG URL as can not get this to work within e2m3u2bouquet ?

And where does the French's plugin come into play - do I create a hotkey like for the Heinz plugin? i.e. how do I startup Catchup?

Edited 2 times, last by bazbailey ().

• You just create the bouquets from E2m3u2bouquet with the new M3U URL; the M3U fetch is then proxied through French's, no need for hotkeys or whatever; catchup channels are marked at this time (during M3U fetch), so they should work transparently with E2m3u2bouquet, Jedi, etc...

EPG URL doesn't change.

• You just create the bouquets from E2m3u2bouquet with the new M3U URL; the M3U fetch is then proxied through French's, no need for hotkeys or whatever; catchup channels are marked at this time (during M3U fetch), so they should work transparently with E2m3u2bouquet, Jedi, etc...

EPG URL doesn't change.

Thanks for reply. So say you are watching a catchup channel, how do you kick start the catchup screen - I used to create a Hotkey Red button to Heinz but what should we use going forward?

EPG URL doesn't change.

Thanks for reply. So say you are watching a catchup channel, how do you kick start the catchup screen - I used to create a Hotkey Red button to Heinz but what should we use going forward?

That doesn't change. Heinz is still the plugin to watch catchup; the French's plugin just replaces the old E2m3u2bouquet mod to mark catchup-enabled channels, in a more generic way.

• Am using E2m3u2Bouquets plugin and I was wondering if there is a default location for the config file where the encoded URL can be written to/entered ?

Would save allot of time trying to get that into the plugin settings using a remote

Thanks

• Am using E2m3u2Bouquets plugin and I was wondering if there is a default location for the config file where the encoded URL can be written to/entered ?

Would save allot of time trying to get that into the plugin settings using a remote

Thanks

Yes, the config file is supposed to be at /etc/enigma2/e2m3u2bouquet/config.xml.

Alternatively, you might want to consider using my MiracleWhip plugin: it's a bit quirky to use, but allows you to rapidly add/delete/modify Suls config from a browser; I believe it still works with the most recent version, too :-)

• Yes, the config file is supposed to be at /etc/enigma2/e2m3u2bouquet/config.xml.

Alternatively, you might want to consider using my MiracleWhip plugin: it's a bit quirky to use, but allows you to rapidly add/delete/modify Suls config from a browser; I believe it still works with the most recent version, too :-)

Many thanks - - - a case of not seeing the wood for the trees in my case I think :thank_you2:

All working a treat now thanks, and I'll be sure to look at MiracleWhip too

• I got the Heinz plugin to work, but I cannot figure out how to get the catchup capable channels to be marked in the EPG.

Is this skin dependent or is there another script for this? Any help would be appreciated - Thank you!

• I got the Heinz plugin to work, but I cannot figure out how to get the catchup capable channels to be marked in the EPG.

Is this skin dependent or is there another script for this? Any help would be appreciated - Thank you!

You need to run the M3U through the Frenchs plugin. In the M3U URL for Suls or Jedi, you provide a localurl that proxies the request via Frenchs, Frenchs downloads the M3U from the real location (which you provide via URL parameter to Frenchs), and marks the catchup enabled channels on the M3U itself.

https://github.com/oottppxx/en…ee/master/plugins/frenchs

• Thanks man - one more noob question...

I have a zGemma i55Plus - I have e2m3u script running and it's supposed to update every 6 hours. If I shut the box off (Places it in Standby) I notice the EPG does not update. Is this the expected behavior and just enable EPG refresh upon power-on or do I have something not setup right?

• Thanks man - one more noob question...

I have a zGemma i55Plus - I have e2m3u script running and it's supposed to update every 6 hours. If I shut the box off (Places it in Standby) I notice the EPG does not update. Is this the expected behavior and just enable EPG refresh upon power-on or do I have something not setup right?

In theory it should update, if the settings are right, but I don't know if i55+ does something different (I wouldn't expect it to). If you're running the latest version, just run EPG from e2m3u2bouquet.

• Any format should work, just needs encoding, e.g., http%3A%2F%2Fwww.site.com%2Ffilename.m3u.

Ive tried it twice so far with no cigar, both times with encoded URLs. This format worked without issue:

http://HOST:PORT/get.php?username=USERNAME&password=PASSWORD&type=m3u_plus.

• Any format should work, just needs encoding, e.g., http%3A%2F%2Fwww.site.com%2Ffilename.m3u.

Ive tried it twice so far with no cigar, both times with encoded URLs. This format worked without issue:

http://HOST:PORT/get.php?username=USERNAME&password=PASSWORD&type=m3u_plus.

That would become (all 1 line): http://localhost:7290/?marker=…ASSWORD%26type%3Dm3u_plus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!