Looking for a Higher End Sat Reciever.

There are 35 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,850 times. The last Post () by Davicom.

• Hi All,

I am doing some serious thinking about purchasing a satellite receiver. I heard/read somewhere these boxes can ingest the signal and stream it back out into the network? This would be probably the number one feature I would be looking for. In the ideal world I am living in the box would have multiple DVBS tuners, and allow me to stream several channels into my network. I do understand I would likely have to manage those streams with a server as the boxes cant likely handle many clients. I am also alright if the box has a bit of a learning curve as I currently and have used TBS Tuner cards for these purposes in the past.

As far as budget goes I am pretty open. The main concern for me is maximum functionality.

Thanks

world-of-satellite.co.uk

• We'd normally recommend a receiver with FBC Satellite tuners, but please confirm, what is your setup? Motorised dish? Fixed dish? Combination of dishes?

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• Are you happy to have a receiver with one satellite tuner and use a diseqc switch or would you prefer a receiver with two satellite tuners? One for each dish or you could even use diseqc switches to feed two tuners with both dishes. All depends how much recording you do.

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

• For what it's worth, I would recommend something similar:

-good quality coax cable

-QUAD LNB on each dish

-4 x 2in1 DiSEqC switch

-4 cables into the house from those switches to 4 tuners in the house (let's say to 2 STBs each with 2 tuners - my fav is Zgemma H7, which also has DVB-C/T/T2 tuner, apart from 2 DBV-S2X tuners, so pretty much an all-in-one box)

-each STB will use the simple DiSEqC 1.0 (A/B position)

This way each tuner is independent, i.e. one satellite position/TP/channel can be watched but you can record from the other tuner (or stream to another box) completely unrelated to what is being watched on the first one.

If various clients to those 2 STBs with 2 tuners each is connected via local network (LAN) one can easily stream from E2 box to the next and one doesn't have to have a coax cable to each box, just LAN (CAT 7 is best, at least CAT 6 for a peace of mind)...

The plugin needed (in E2) is here: MENU > PLUGINS > green button > Extensions > Remote channel stream converter...

Simple to import Favourites from an STB that has a coax attached and it works brilliantly! It even pulls in EPG!

Just one of the ways to do it, tested working - on a more complex setup! :cool1:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Thank you gorski for the detailed answer. This is about the setup I was contemplating. You indicated in your post the e2 box? Pardon my ignorance here I just want to be clear on that. E2 is enigma as far as I know but is that an image or an image on a box or a brand of box?

• OS = Operating System, as in Windows or Linux.

Our boxes are mainly based on Linux kernel (Android is just another GUI, generally speaking, over the Linux kernel)

plus

Enigma2 (some boxes have their own) GUI on top.

E2 has many different flavours but 3 main branches.

1) DreamBox MultiMedia

2) OpenPLi

3) OE-A (Open Embedded Alliance, consisting of various teams like OpenATV, OpenViX, PurE2, OpenSPA, OpenHDF etc.).

When choosing a channel list it is better to choose an appropriate list for your general branch, so there is less headache (see Ciefp lists, for instance, divided by OpenPLi and OE-A criteria/structure).

See my detailed posts and tutorials for more...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• If you want High end we'd recommend to consider the following.

As your main server box, VU+ Duo 4k with two 2x Satellite FBC tuner modules. Replace your LNB's with Unicable LNB's. This will give you 8 tuners per FBC tuner module.

One tuner module per dish fed from Unicable LNB's.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/vu-plus-duo-4k

Unicable LNB's and splitters: https://www.world-of-satellite…e-lnb/gt-sat-unicable-lnb

From your posts I'm assuming you have a home network so I'd suggest low cost receivers without tuners for your client boxes. Take a look at the Gigablue HDX2 without tuners: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/gigablue-hd-x2

Over your network the client boxes can use the tuners from the VU+ Duo4K. OpenViX Enigma 2 has a great feature called Client mode.

• True.:thumbup:

Much more info, with details how to set it up, costs, whatever might be involved, with lots of pros and cons, here:

Code
    https://forums.openpli.org/topic/53164-still-cant-grasp-the-fbc-and-unicable-setup-possibilities/

https://forums.openpli.org/topic/64389-fbc-tuner-and-8-orbital-positions/

One must understand one's needs, calculate all the costs, weigh all the pros and cons and then make up one's mind... :cool1:

Elementary info can be found in this (and around this) post of mine:

Code
    https://forums.openpli.org/topic/53164-still-cant-grasp-the-fbc-and-unicable-setup-possibilities/page-13#entry980185

• If our customers need support setting up FBC tuners or Unicable with goods purchased from us we a customer support ticket system :)

• We can ship worldwide with DHL Express. Best to open a pre-sales support ticket: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/support/

Tell us the item or items you'd like to order and we'll create an order for you.

Also include your complete shipping address if outside the EU so that we can get an accurate shipping quotation.

• If our customers need support setting up FBC tuners or Unicable with goods purchased from us we a customer support ticket system :)

Well, that's good to hear!!! :)

• I’ll be in our warehouse tomorrow, will get back to you tomorrow, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Vu+ is untouchable best even the small zero 4k i am reseller i have tested all Vu+ if you have basic knowledge of E2 best driver support and best for 24 7 usage ps:drembox is always the best but more money

• We will have to agree to disagree on the Vu's ability to write drivers so well...

Also on who is best right now, in terms of development...

Basically, on everything...:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

• what i was saying from exp.. all vu+ that i have sold and instaled i have never had 1 that is dead or any performance problems after 3 4 years all other giga edision octa .... have died or have problems i can send you or i will put here files and live videos of models from 2 4 years used and you will see if you like i think that you dont have customers in numbers that i have 300+

i have called gigablue for example and octagon and all wich are based in germany and they say: price vs performance i dont work for vu+ or anybody i am not a fanboy of any company i just telling the facts:

dmbox:all work even dm 800hd

edision os1plus--5 in use 3 already return or ac adepter dead

gigablue 800se+:all dead or slow not responsive on remote restarts ton all images after 2 -3 years use

vu+ duo2 : all working after 3 4 years on openatv 6,2 like new (remote dead on some VU+ has send new models in 1 day the new ones still working

vu+ zero & Zero se: all working after 3 4 years on openatv 6,2 like new

Vu+solo 4k :all working after 2 years on openatv 6,2 like new native youtube chromium FBC tuner rocket fast zaping best on iptv zaping

VU+ UNO4k& SE: all working 1 2 years openatv 6,2 like new native youtube chromium FBC tuner rocket fast zaping best on iptv zaping

VU+ Zero4k: native youtube chromium dvbx2 tuner rocket fast zaping best on iptv zaping

and so on i have lg oled lg with the new alpha processor samsung tv sony android tv philiphs android tv they caonnot touch even zero 4k is better on iptv zaping ansd picture quality I am Not new in this i have contacs and now people in the branch i live 20 km from DreamMultimedia

i talk all day With Gigablue Octagon Edission and others only Dream and VU+ Use first hand the best SOC from Broadcom You can see the preis why would they be more expexsive than all others because they are VU+ or DM no for 5 years now we (in Germany google it) make test and retrospective tests and Always *Referenz Klasse* is VU+ or DM ask around in forums OPENATV or call and ask Gigablue edision Octagon

or the Bigest online stores in Germany ; Satking.de HMSatshop.de EGsat.de Abeltv usw...

I dont think that the others are not good i sell them when people dont have money for vu+ or dm but THEY ARE THEE BEST OUT there in this moment period.

• I'd disagree, all brands have their issues as do all electronic devices.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!