My various T90 setups with many LNBs - different solutions for it...

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,232 times. The last Post () by -=S_SAJJAD=-.

• Guess what: my wife doesn't want to remember what is where and doesn't wanna wait for a dish to move, doesn't wanna think about moving the dish from one channel to the next, doesn't wanna think if something is being recorded, so she can't move to another satellite etc. etc. Hence, she deeply appreciates my T90... ahem... BEAST!!! :laugh1::rasta2bigsmoke0gf1::P

I warmly recommend this system for all true hobbyists willing to fight for their right to put it up and keep it up! :P:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1::laugh1:

So, we lived in Sweden, Luxembourg, Italy (2 places) and UK (2 places) and that required various solutions, in terms of how to set it up. Hope this helps, if you're thinking about it... Here we go...

=========MY first T90 setup in Sweden============

Pay attention if you have a flat roof and you can not drill into anything, plus there is no strong chimney!!!

761d175d331.jpg

This solution [with two "palettes"/wooden base used for transporting packed goods - is quite elegant. Just

-nail it [strongly connect one with the other, maybe with screws, even] together, then

-secure it additionally with some weight, if there is strong wind, where you live, other than

-connect it, using a metal tape, running all around other constructions on the roof and palettes.

I reckon one should also paint it with a water-proof sealant, against rotting, to protect it against the elements [rain and snow]. So, start doing that at least a day before you want to install your dish!

Now, the details of what you will see on these images:

-2 x wooden base to place it securely on, plus
    -some metal tape to secure it around some fixed objects on the roof, using screws going right through it, into the wood/brick/etc.

-1 x Toroidal 90cm dish-13 x Smart Oxid Twin and

-2 Smart Titanium Twin LNBs [2 cables going out of each LNB to 1 Twin tuner receiver or 2 single tuner recs] +

-1 Quadro LNB [4 cables running from it, as I need an additional cable for my subscription, official receiver]-2 x Centauri 16in1 Switches [only 2 cables running from them to my flat - 1 for each Sat TV tuner]

b8ceeeef94ba195b3ca319bee.jpg

9c5bb2b7d769531d81.jpg

228ad62b.jpg

Advantages:

-instant switching from one satellite to another, no waiting

-no noise to move from one to the other

-wife happy, as she doesn't need to either remember what's where or wait...

-neighbours happy as I am not waking them up as I surf the skies in the dead of the night, not to mention the wife...

-possibilities of recording not only from 2 different transponders but from completely different satellites

One could put 16 Quad or even Octo LNBs, of course... either for more receivers or even sharing with neighbours...

I have the following 19 satellite positions, here is Scandiland, with 16 LNBs:

16. 30° West

15. 24.5° West

14. 18° West

13. 15° West

12. 12.5° West

11. 8°[I can not get +7° in Scandiland with my equipment but elsewhere it might be possible!] West

10. 5°+4° West

9. 1° West°

8. 4°+5° East

7. 7° East

6. 9°+10° East

5. 13° East

4. 16° East

3. 19.2° East

2. 23.5° East

1. 28.2°+28.5° East

One has to add the transponders from one satellite position to another, manually but... it's well worth the effort, let me tell you... Cool to see it working!

I have almost all transponders on most of the big, important satellite positions, except some weaker ones on 28.2°+28.5° East, 4° and 8° West.

Some other TPs are missing on smaller satellite positions but I have loads and loads of channels, left, right and centre, so no probs...

Here is how you calculate your position, your central position, then your elevation etc.

One must be patient, to sort out all the angles right in all 3 dimensions...

Here is the online calculator, wherever you might be:

https://satlex.us/en/wavefront…&lo=-0.08&country_code=uk

Just print your data and go... :)

Quite a treat, this setup...:thumbup:

Hat down to the master engineer from Syria and his underling! It was bloody cold!

80b786b11e2e50cefce.jpg

d424b8d668af1f.jpg

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

Edited 5 times, last by gorski ().

• Btw, the guy who started importing this Korean marvel, is from Luxembourg (Sathifax) and they engineered their extended version of the usual T90, which caters for 45 degrees span.

Their enhanced one caters for 60 degrees. Hence, the above additional "stretching system" was not needed, to go from 28E to 30W!

af0d8d5e5e7d1073a0ba.jpg

2893e4f5abcace.jpg

Notice the added 2 parts in the second reflector... ;)

15c8e9df2bfef5d8b32.jpg

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

Edited once, last by gorski ().

• So, here is my second setup, on a Luxembourgish chimney...

First, the proud master from the Indian sub-continent...

df4263.jpg

Work in progress...

ddd0d2121a89ae0.jpg

5b8d23cebbb3bfc84af573e2.jpg

edd194d96.jpg

525c8966310d74c192d61fa51.jpg

The finished product!!!

2b5e9.jpg

Extremes...

acd123469ae96ed585.jpg

09c06d1cd0fe652eb9dbb6.jpg

Improvisations for elevation to be stable...

91964b88ac8b94.jpg

6fc963a.jpg

c05b1469.jpg

LNB rhapsody...

b737e0c1d3f32.jpg

We all love the view from behind...:laugh1:

a651d0f07e59c7d69c.jpg

And then the gorgeous view from the front...:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

aca2e949c75bc.jpg

• In Italy there isn't much to talk about, since I did the T90 on 2 balconies, so... :laugh1: Look...

2ff81738b972e.jpg

99b64fbe5a.jpg

7b1e17d.jpg

00fb7.jpg

389f24a98841ed1b23607e7.jpg

154c980.jpg

However, this is a good solution to see, if one wants to be closer than 3 degrees on T90 LNB rail...:smirk:

c4f7b54b.jpg

fef8563e6c1e63750865c.jpg

Edited once, last by gorski ().

• I'm lying... Up on the terrace I had a Gibertini 1.5m with a special LNB, to get 28E BBC etc. Barely...

Have a look at that little feat, supported by a flimsy wall, with plates at the other end, since the screws had to go right through that wall... Uhh...

34ca2f4a1d.jpg

8985cb9c4d29a3.jpg

cfff3341a7e9a4beb20d0.jpg

f4f6a1d9472c4.jpg

e7e8fcc6635.jpg

795293b17b3c29.jpg

• And then, there was London... :cool1:

Maestro hard at work... ;)

38cf0da5501cbe.jpg

0e09a.jpg

04d51c76012f1d.jpg

1fe5f58df811d36a0b3fe.jpg

• And then, the new one... all day long, the 2 of us, 10 hours straight... ;):thumbup::laugh1::rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

2e361902.jpg

73e50aaa4ff0fbebd1c.jpg

bec51c7e053d172e5467c.jpg

4f60a9b7c9a0777e35a66.jpg

c15b92d66b66510.jpg

26c2299c.jpg

• They did (but on the smaller dish only, not T90) - we strengthened them and now it's all cool...

• Ten years now - never a problem so far, m8...

But of course, if hurricane or summat comes - who knows...

• Moved to London, new pics coming...

One Q: anyone in/and around London with T90, please?

1) Is your central satellite 16E?

2) What is the signal like for HRT 1-4 on 16E, please?

I get only 7.75 - 8 dB (38 - 40%) at the moment... hence the Q - shouldn't it be stronger?

Cheers! :)

• To answer my own question: after the necessary corrections HRT on 16E gets me between 49 - 52%, i.e. around 9.75 0 10.50 dB.

But RTS on 1.9E gives me only 43% = 8.75 dB. We'll have to try to improve that...

And the latest installation... :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

8b3a5.jpg

01c7446.jpg

f53df9.jpg

053ccdf08f03.jpg

e62daa467847820b3529.jpg

• Official Post

i know nothing about parabolic setups.........but surely you would center it on about 5east to get an even spread of lnb's each side of center ??

This also may be no help what so ever:rasta2bigsmoke0gf: :-

I get 97% snr on RTS HD @1.9east

The FTA channel HRT 1HD @16east i get about 65%

Figures are on the 80cm motorised dish, London area.

:tinfoil:

• Thanx for checking on your setup!

Btw, super photo! :laugh1:

It is different with multifocal dished with 2 reflectors...

To me 16E is the most important, so I am starting at 39E and going to 7W (not using that one but the last one I use is 5W).

That makes 16E the central satellite for me. But we'll fix the 1.9, thanx! :)

I have - in that area - 10/9E, then 5E, 1.9E, followed by 0.8/1W etc.

One puts 1.9E in the centre of 3 LNBs and then improvises with 5/4.8E and 0.8/1W around it:

6c3cdb8b02.jpg

• Sorry, I forgot, it was down to 1 element at the back of the dish, which was too loose and when the wind came it lifted the main dish a bit and it got stuck in a wrong position....

So, now HRT on 16E gives me 11.40 - 11.50 dB and RTS on 1.9E around 10dB... :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!