How to install Sundtek USB tuners using Sundtek Control Center

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,200 times. The last Post () by satvogel.

• Discussion of article How to install Sundtek USB tuners using Sundtek Control Center:

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• master G

Added the Label Article
  • Just read this article. I have two problems regarding the sundtek DVB-T2 usb adapter. I'm not sure if I'm on the right place as I have a dreambox dm920 with OE2.5. Installing the adapter works as described above, but starting the tuner in DVB-T2 mode is impossible. Whatever I do, it always starts in DVB-C mode. I installed it in the Control Center in DVB-T2 mode, but when pressing the blue button to store and start the tuner the script says that the tuner is in DVB-C mode. I can watch DVB-T2 channels - with an error message in the middle of the screen, which won't appear as long as the tuner is working. And it's impossible to record. When serching for channels there is another mystery. It will be searched for DVB-T channels only, which naturally don't exist anymore.

The second problem is when installing virtual tuners the sundtek tuner is gone from the tuner list and from Control Center, doesn't matter whether I installed the sundtek before or after the virtual tuner. Has somebody any idea???

• Is there a /etc/sundtek.conf file on the system?

initial_dvb_mode=DVBT

It depends on how old the tuner is, models from 2015 only support DVB-T2 v1.2.1, from around 2016 DVB-T2 v1.3.1 is supported.

The tuners also scan DVB-T2 channels in DVB-T mode.

Edited 2 times, last by bellejt: Translation went wrong on placing at the forum ().

• Yes there is one saying "initial_dvb_mode=DVBT2"

I have two of them and they are definitely bought in 2021, so should work. In OE2.0 images everything works fine, so it will be probably a diver/configuration problem on OE2.5. Normally while in operation the tuner status with a green marked letter signs that it's working fine. If in operation the Sundthek tuner works with an error message and the tuner letter is staying red. When I jump a few times from one DVBT2 channel to another then sometimes it could happen that the letter turns green and it will be possible to record, which is impossible while the letter is red. In the configuration tool both tuners are saying to be in DVBT2 mode.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!