Error message in display tv

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 587 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• I flashed a OpenAtv image on my octagon sf 4008. The receiver starts and the image boot but the tv displays "unsupported format"

I tried to reflash any other image on the receiver but it doesn't start in kernel mode: the image that I flashed boots directly and I can't do nothing more.

P.S on the receiver display I can read HBO, so probably is a right image but I can't acceed to the receiver menu because of the message "unsupported format", so tv display is completely black.

Any ideas?:announcement:

• I presume you have setup your box to be 1080 or 4k when your tv is not cabable of this.

Without taking the box around to a mates house that has a bigger tv ;) This is how I would solve it. It looks long winded but its dead easy.

Firstly you need your sat boxes ip address.

do you know what the ip of your sat box is?

i.e 192.168.1.101

if you don't you can probably find it by trial an error via first finding your PC/laptops netwrok ip.

In windows type CMD in startmenu and run command prompt.

Then type ipconfig to see what your computers IPv4 address is.

if your computers ipv4 address is something like 192.168.1.100 then our satbox will be a few values up depending on how many devices you have got on your network in your house.

Just keep stepping that IP address up by one in a web browser until openwebif loads in a web browser.

i.e

Once openwebif has loaded click on terminal and enter "root" as the username

now type

init 4

f2e583ffa82bec.png

this will disable your enigma2 and allow you to edit the settings file.

FTP into your box, (use something like filezilla 3.20 - later versions have searchbar crap in them ) enter the IP address and username "root", password (leave blank)

https://filezilla.en.uptodown.com/windows/old

Navigate to

/etc/enigma2

open up 'settings' file in notepad++

82e2a7020019afe8fcfe4875.png

inside that you will see this section.

fbf885b71e79b1c8.png

change false to true.

save the settings file back to your box.

Turn your box off and on and you should get the video wizard again.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

Edited once, last by KiddaC ().

• master G

Added the Label Display & LCD Support

OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p Wifi Multi-Stream Dual DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver.

Download OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!