DM 900 UHD original image needed with Kodi buildin..PVR client folder must be present in Kodi

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,053 times. The last Post () by naveenkhan.

• Hi Dear users and staff

I have been suck off multiple images and plugins with my DM 900 UHD since last 5 days...

I did try many images and tried to install Kodi in those images.

In a few I did succeeded to install Kodi, but Kodi has no PVR client folder in System/Addons/my Addons...

Please help me with a some good image having Kodi ( PVR client must be with)...

• What you're asking for, as far as I know, doesn't exist. Kodi hasn't worked very well on the DM900. I got it to work once and got the PVR clients installed as separate packages just as I would in any Linux distro. It was buggy and unstable and I got the Kodi VU+ client to work on loopback but it would inevitably freeze the whole receiver when I changed channel. Kodi will only work with a kernel that caused a lot of problems for me like channels being greyed out that work with other kernels and Openmultiboot can only handle one kernel in the DM900 so multibooting into that image was not an option.

Kodi works well with a cheap Rasberry PI and numerous Android media boxes. The last time I tried to flash a non original image with Kodi built in, I tried to copy my .kodi user folder from my Pi Kodi to the DM900 and there wasn't enough space in the flash memory. My fairly modest Kodi install had a user folder that was over 800mbs. I could have tried to change the location of the .kodi folder to the hard drive but it wasn't really worth the trouble, especially since I couldn't use half of my channels with that kernel.

• What you're asking for, as far as I know, doesn't exist. Kodi hasn't worked very well on the DM900. I got it to work once and got the PVR clients installed as separate packages just as I would in any Linux distro. It was buggy and unstable and I got the Kodi VU+ client to work on loopback but it would inevitably freeze the whole receiver when I changed channel. Kodi will only work with a kernel that caused a lot of problems for me like channels being greyed out that work with other kernels and Openmultiboot can only handle one kernel in the DM900 so multibooting into that image was not an option.

Kodi works well with a cheap Rasberry PI and numerous Android media boxes. The last time I tried to flash a non original image with Kodi built in, I tried to copy my .kodi user folder from my Pi Kodi to the DM900 and there wasn't enough space in the flash memory. My fairly modest Kodi install had a user folder that was over 800mbs. I could have tried to change the location of the .kodi folder to the hard drive but it wasn't really worth the trouble, especially since I couldn't use half of my channels with that kernel.

Dear Falekahak

hv been obliged for so detailed description about Kodi in DM900.

I am agreed with u that Kodi and DM900 are two different paths , can never be happy together..So kodi isnt a do or die thing for me...In fact DM has more things to offer than a kodi does.

Once again thankful to you...

Stay blessed dear

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!