Motor Issues

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,020 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Hi guys. I am in need of some help. I have dug out my old motorised dish as I lost signal on my fixed dish. I have a cryptic h-h 100 motor with an 80cm dish. I am going insane trying to get this setup with my zegemma boxes (h2.s and H9s). I have been at this for some time now and am aware of issues zegemma boxes seem to have with motors. I had originally bout a quad lnb but had the issue of motor turning while lnb disconnected but nothing once lnb was connected. so I took advice from sources (Jensen) and ordered a single low power consumption lnb which arrived today. After I installed it we were in business, dish was moving with lnb connected.

Problem I have now is that the setup is haywire. I have it setup for usuals with correct latt and long but when I was trying to get it to point at a sat it was turning to positions I know are nowhere near where that sat would be. I managed to get the motor to goto 0 so I could align it south. I should probably mention when I had it setup previously years ago at my old address it was literally in the next street do I know I don't need to mess with elevations etc.

What has happened now though is for some reason the motor has turned completely to the left (east) until it has hit the wall and no matter what I try I cant get it to move back the opposite way again. Any time I try something the motor makes noise like its trying to go east but obviously cant because the wall is there!!!!

I have tried a few different images, I currently have pure2 on my h9s and HDFreaks on my h2s but they are both giving me the same results!! I am about to have a nervous breakdown. I am one of those people that when started with something cant stop till its sorted and will not get a wink of sleep till its cracked lol.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Official Post

Okay.... i have no experience with that model of motor but if you have moved the dish you will have to start again.

Get the motor to move to Zero, some have a digital display on the motor and east west buttons to move manually

Once at zero turn off the zgemma and disconnect the motor / tuner connection

turn zgemma back on, Install a motorised channel list i recommend cief-motor settings if using pure2

select a FTA music channel on 0.8w - you should get tune failed as the motor feed is still disconnected

turn zgemma off, now connect tuner cable and turn on again make sure your still on a FTA music channel on 0.8w the motor should move a little at most.

Now get the best signal you can on 0.8w by adjusting your satellite dish left or right aka east or west (i would not adjust elevation just yet as you only moved round the corner)

Then try channels on east and west sats - adjusting the dish's elevation if required to get the best possible signal

i get good signal on these FTA channels with my 80cm dish

39east - bulsatcom - music- Balkanika

0.8west-digitv - music - music channel

30west -hispasat-FTA-russia today english

• Thanks for the reply Jensen. Problem is the motor doesn't have a digital display or manual movement buttons on it. I was able to get the box to move the motor to zero earlier until I hit this problem of the motor going all the way east till it hit the wall and is refusing to move back round the opposite direct again. Do you think removing the tuner cable as you say and powering the box on and off a couple of times may help? If I could just get the motor back to zero again I would be laughing and could put your instructions into action.

Also where would I find the motorised channel list? Extensions?

• Official Post

it is going to be a pain without the manual buttons....

yes disconnect the tuner cable and get a channel list installed

plugins - green - settings - ciefp-motor.68e.30e.vod

reboot box

select a west channel, you should get tune failed as above....

reconnect cable and when you turn it on hopefully the motor goes west and away from the wall,

Hopefully you can then get the motor to go to zero.....all the zero and pan east or west commands r on e2 never seam to work when you want them to.....using the box to install is not the best option TBH..... it can be done but it will be painful, good luck:fingers crossed:

• Thanks Sage I will try that when I get home tonight. The motor is a brave age now and has been lying in the shed for a load of years but I was able to get east west movement on it till it took a head staggers and decided to go all the way East till it got to as far as it can go. Now any time I try anything all I am getting is a wurring sound like it is still trying to go further east. No west turn at all.

In the process of sourcing another box to try as ultimately I am aiming to get a dm900 bit that's a few weeks off yet but I would like everything up and running before that gets bought and am hoping I don't need a new motor to add to the cost thanks again for any and all help

• Official Post

if it's got wet in the shed.....Or damp even where it's not had cables connected if might be toast mate. My technomate one died a while ago.. did the same sort of thing you have got....try again though before splashing out.

I got one of these now been up 2 years not been bad so far

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SUPRE…iSEqC-USALS/dp/B005THZL30

• Yeah I have had a look at them motors and they seem to be the ones to go for. I might be getting my hands on an open box later so I will try that first and if no joy I will order that motor for the weekend. Is that the motor you have running with your zgemma?

If I could just get my motor to move to 0 I could leave it at that and just line it up to get astra in the mean time to keep the wife happy for a few weeks till I can get the dream box sorted lol. I just don't think my zgemmas are gonna play ball!!

• Extra options for the motor enabled? Tried to change speed etc. ? If that motor "cryptic h-h 100" is Stab HH-100 or some variant, it should be ok on default as I use the same one, but, yes, sometimes the electronics inside the motor dies and no cure. Actually, I had the very same symptoms and had to replace the rotor.

Edited once, last by tromo ().

• Right so I got home from work and got my wife to keep hitting the goto 0 button on the remote while I went up the ladder and tried pushing the thing at the same time but there was no chance so I thought that was that but about 10 mins later while I was still in the service searching settings I did something (think I went onto scan and selected astra 28e and the bloody motor started moving back round west again. while it was moving we got a signal lock at about 90% for a sec but the motor and dish obviously still aren't aligned correctly as yet as it drove past the signal. So I managed to get the motor to zero and have tried driving to a couple of different sats and have then climbed the ladder and checked the scale on the motor and going by that it seems to be driving to the correct locations. So hopefully my issues have resolved themselves and it is just a matter of lining the motor and dish up correctly now!!

Gonna finish on a high tonight at this point and leave that part for tomorrow as I have the full day to work at it while kids are at school and I know if something else was to go wrong with it tonight my head would be melted with it, not to mention its pitch black and absolutely Baltic lol. I have had the dish up and aligned before so I know I am capable of getting that part done lol.

Anyway thanks for the help guys and I will give update tomorrow.

• Do not want to spoil your joy, but, in my case, the motor behaviour was erratic; after few resets (power off - disconnected from the box) all seemed fine for some short time, but, alas.... If I remember correctly, some models had eeprom on/in a socket (prone to temperature snafus) so it might be prudent to open it and try to push it firmly back. Wish you the best, this motor drama cost me fine nerves and time :)

• Ok an update for anyone that's still interested lol. So I began by going into the service searching menu and went onto signal finder and drove the motor to Thor and to my absolute amazement I had a signal lock at around 47% so I did a scan and a load of channels where found including Das Erste so it appeared that as my dish was sitting it was pointing at astra 19.2E. I went out to the motor and it was showing the correct postion for thor on the scale so I moved the whole motor round in the direction of thor but no joy getting a signal lock so moved it back round till I got the lock again (19.2). I went back into the house and moved the motor to a few satellites and by the scale it seemed to be moving to the correct positions so I tried moving the motor to 19.2E and then went back up the ladder and moved the motor round to try and get a signal lock but again no joy!! Weather wasn't great today and was freezing so didn't get to spend as long at it as I would of liked. Will have another go tomorrow.

• Have you thought about latitude settings on your motor? and facing your motor while set to 0 degrees on true south... i install/service motorised systems myself but its few and far between these days which is probably due to clients going down the iptv route, anyway, set your bracketry up, very important this is.

My advice to you is to use diseqc 1.2 if you have a crappy standard bracket, if you use a T+K bracket and pole you could use usals because your pole can be adjusted completely straight but it becomes messy and not really for your average DIY installer so as said use diseqc 1.2.

You will find latitude settings for your location from various sources, google maps, websites or even your sat nav.

Normally i would set everything up on 1 west, however because you have an 80cm dish i would tell clients to forget 1west..

Your best to set latitude, peak your dish on 19 east and use 13/19 and 28e... to get 1 west you can but you wont get the main satellites i just mentioned and 1west combined,well certainly not reliable signals... your dish is far too small for that.

Lnb brands and lnb scew is also extremely important...do you even use a signal meter that reads scew adjustment?

So anyway to recap, you are pissing in the wind in this baltic weather with an 80cm dish on motorised... set latitude and stick to 13/19 and 28.2,, if you need 1 west look at a fixed dish...otherwise your legs will end up worn out with your ladder journeys and pneumonia may set in with this baltic weather.

Good luck

• hey Johndeere88 thanks for your post. I was of the understanding that USALS was an easier setup than diseqc and yes I have my pole sitting straight checked on 3 sides. Latt and Long are all entered into the receiver setup and motor seems to be driving to correct positions for satellites so it is just the angles I need to get right now with motor and elevation etc. I was also on the understanding that skew isn't a factor on the motor setup (once setup correctly initially) as the turn of the motor takes care of the skew automatically? like I said before I had the system setup before at my previous address literally 500 yards from my current address so I would have thought I wouldn't have needed to adjust the elevation scale on motor or dish although In fairness I did only have it setup for 13e 19e and 28e back then as that's all I was really worried about at the time (about 15 years ago!!) Jensen has said he gets a good signal on thor with an 80cm dish but I understand that I am probably a lot further north than him (12 miles east of Belfast). Anyway all help is greatly received.

Kids are looking a trip to Smyths today to get spending their Christmas money so may not get any further with it today!!

• If your pole is plum then try usals if you want, i assumed you had a standard bracket which makes life difficult using usals, although if you are only after a few satellites which you will be with an 80cm then i still think diseqc is best for your setup.

Scew is really important if you are using a small dish but you are correct, diseqc arc sorts scew out on the wider scale, again assuming 13/19 and 28.2 was required i would advise its best in that situation to peak scew on 13 east as its the weaker of the three satellites.

What brand is your dish/motor/lnb.. metal or plastic gears... what satellites do you want from this 80cm dish?

• Official Post

im in Essex so quite a bit south of Belfast but surely some of 0.8w can be received on an 80cm dish, i have zero'ed a 60cm mesh dish with that sat. I get signal on the following sats, some weaker tp's on some sats do not work, but i get signal and clear picture on most channels:

52, 46, 45, 39, 33, 28.2, 23.5, 19.2, 16, 13, 9, 7, 4.8, 3, 1.9, EAST

0.8 , 5, 12.5, 15, 30 WEST

The sats with the strongest signal (for alternative alignment ) 1.9 East - 30 west - 23.5 east

I really do not see the point to a motor if your only going to use a few sats TBH.

I thought the skew was set to zero with a motor ?? As the motor and dish, lnb all move together ?? Im not installer mind.......

• Thanks guys for all the input. Yes of course I am wanting to get as many sats as I can possibly get with my setup but I only clicked at the weekend there that there is a tree in the way to the west of my dish so I think anything west of thor could be out of the question which Is a shame as I would of liked to get hispisat this time round. The tree is on waste ground but my wife is refusing to let me cut it down lol.

I had 19e up and running at the weekend with 13e and 23e on and off but now I seem to have nothing again. I think this is down to the zgemma and probably still power issues as the motor is moving but zero signal being found. The box deffo seems to have issues with motors. Would it make any difference if I replaced the cable as I am just using the shotgun sky cable that was already installed?

Johndeere88 the dish and motor came as part of a package along with an xtreme hornet receiver (which I loved till I upgraded to a dm7020s). Not sure what make of dish it is but its an 80cm mesh and the motor is a cryptic h-h motor. The lnb is a Blazer single imput which I bought brand new to resolve power issues as I had bought the same make but quad 1st.

• Official Post

Trying to align this dish without a meter, with cable that is old and possibly dodgy and certainly cheap rubbish from sly, a motor that's lived in the shed and is also possibly dodgy and our lovely weather..................

there is going to be a lot of swearing....:goodluck:

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!