Motor Issues

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,976 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• haha far from an ideal situation I know but to be fair I am a pretty patient guy and the majority of the swearing is now coming from my wife due to the amount of time I am spending on it lol. She is away this weekend to visit her parents so I am hoping I can get as much time as possible devoted to getting this sorted then.

I had planned on replacing the cable so I think that will be my next step. I think the motor seems to be doing ok now but I could be wrong. Still think the box isn't great but its what I have to work with for a few weeks yet. If I didn't already have 2 zegemmas I probably would have looked at getting a different box around the £100 mark to get me going till I get the dreambox. Are the signal meters on amazon around £50 any use to use? I don't like letting anything like this beat me as I am usually more than capable but would it if I hold my hands up in defeat would I be better getting a meter or just paying somebody to do it "right"?

• Official Post

I have had a 80 quid meter which i sold as didn't think it was much better than the box, quicker yes.......

Download an app for your phone DMsatfinder, well android has it and is handy for when up the ladder adjusting things, there is just a little delay so adjust slightly and wait for the effect to show on the app.

• Here, guys... It's ready for use... :laugh1:

Looking at these troubles with motors and thinking how happy I am with T90 etc. :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

• Hi guys. I also have gone through the dish mover routine the past few months.
    A motor/gear reduction teardown on a Saginaw type actuator.
    Check the pulse generator. Good cold friendly grease for lube.
    Everything cleaned and put back together, ball screw assy. cleaned and lubed.
    Limit switches set correctly.
    Yayy.
    I know it's not an HH actuator but the basics should be the same.
    As for manually setting positions, my option is diseqc only.
    I found that 19 pulses from the magnet/hall sensor in the drive motor equated to 2 degrees arc.
    A little more or less depending on the arc. Locating and storing 22 sats took a bit of patience.
    Shortly after I got a new Titanium Satellite ASC1 dish mover. I really like it.
    It is -2 f. out right now. Nothing wants to move at all for a 12 foot dish.
    Perhaps wrapping a heat strip for water pipes and a few extension cords will keep the goop fluid.
    I'm equally good at hardware and software. I tend towards hardware more though.

• FFS my motor<>lnb cable was hanging hence the zero signal!!!! What a numpty. Plugged back in and we are good for what sats I had aligned again. Will hopefully get the final touches sorted this weekend. That app is great Jensen for when up the ladder!! have satellite director app as well and it looks very good for alignment.

• There ain't a man alive who hadn't had this kinda mishap... :laugh1: Good you're sorted! :hi-five:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• master G

Added the Label Dish & Motor Support

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!