Best PVR able to feed tv in another room

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 744 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Looking for E2 models to replace a twin tuner freeview SD Topfield PVR. ATM I have ordinary aerial cable connected to the “RF out” and routed up to a bedroom. When the missus does ironing, she selects half a dozen Neighbours recordings and fires off PLAY, then goes upstairs and irons. Looking for a way to do this in an E2 box. I also have an satellite dish installed 30+ years ago for FreeSat. I thought the zgemma H7C might be a replacement or mutant 51.

Budget: don’t mind paying a bit more than these models if it’s going to last ten years like the Topfield and give my missus her programs upstairs by some means. Maybe venture into IPTV later.

• Hi, the problem you will have is theres not new model receivers with RF out.

You have a few options:

1) Feed your RF with this HDMI modulator: https://www.world-of-satellite…i-rf-modulator-with-9v-ir problem with is you wouldn't be able to set a 4K receiver output to 4K, the modulator doesn't support higher than 1080p input signal.

2) Provide a network feed to the main receiver, Zgemma H7C will with give you Twin Freeview and a single Freesat tuner. Then buy something like the Gigablue HD X2 for the bedroom without a Tuner. Give this bedroom box a network connection. Using OpenViX install the plugin call Channels Importer, this will import the channels from your mainbox and use the tuners from main box over your network.

3) Give the Bedroom box its own aerial feed and buy the Gigablue HD X2 for the bedroom will be completely independent https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/GiGaBlue/gigablue-hd-x2

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• Indeed, if you can't get the coax in, I thoroughly tested and can also recommend option 2 - and it's no bother! Works like a charm, in PurE2, too!

Simple, effective and cheap! Just make sure you have all the channels you want in your FAVS, then when you set up your receiving STB (a simple affair, only 3-4 parameters to sort out) - import FAVS that you want and voila! One of the tuners in the main STB will simply work for the other box over the home network... :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!