Box stuck on boot unable to reboot it or install Enigma2 new image on Zgemma H9s

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,725 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• I had a friend whos h9s kept freezing.

It seemed his bouquets folder kept getting corrupted. Meaning it kept just getting stick on a blue screen.

if you can ftp into your box go into

/etc/enigma2

delete all the bouquets files. anything ending in .tv or .radio or .del

if your box comes back to live you will have to re-run autobouquet maker.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Try another image, like PurE2 - you have detailed help how to deal with it in many of my posts...

You need either a fast USB or even better - Micro SD card to expand your flash/ROM, as described here:

How to expand ROM and RAM in PurE2

In detail, re. YOUR MACHINE: Expanding Zgemmas H9x and H9.2x flash to a Micro SD card or USB stick 2.0/3.0...

Follow this to the letter and you will be OK...

If you need more info as to how to set up your PurE2 properly, then study this post of mine:

How to structure/setup PurE2: mounting devices/partitions in PurE2's Device Manager and what to send where!

=============================================================

In short: install PurE2

Move "root" (=everything) to mSD card (class 10 - faster is better).

Then, set up your USB connected HDD as /media/hdd for recording and timeshift only. All else can go to your mSD card.

Now, install your plugins, CamDs, tools, channel list, picons and whatever else you want and enjoy messing with it... :)

Good luck! :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• hi to all experts

i m new user of zgemma h9s box.

plz guide me how i can put OSCam in my box

downloaded from computer

• Read above...

Go to PurE2 section - plenty of information there... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• KiddaC, no worries, I guess I know what it might look like from somebody else's perspective - but here I am, I can spend a few minutes and try to remove the possible misconceptions and misunderstandings, in good faith... :) If there is a bit of good will... :) So, FYI, let's talk facts:

1) The second fix for H9x/H9.2x for mSD was made by PurE2 Team (actually Delfi and me) and it widened the choice for users => to USB sticks as well, so it is natural that I send users to the source of all pleasures... :laugh1::rasta2bigsmoke0gf1: I should know, as I was a part of it, searching for a solution - I found a way to fix the new partitioning, Delfi figured out it has potential and he implemented it, as I am no coder (I couldn't code if my very life depended on it! :laugh1: )... :)

2) OSCam is fully supported in PurE2 in the best possible manner... Mario figured out how to support ALL PowerVu providers in a single config file, without the need for hocus-pocus, I tested it, edited the file and published it after a lot of tests. Please, have a look at the relevant thread published on this great forum (before 9E AFN was AU in OSCam Emu). Otherwise, almost all CamDs are supported in PurE2 feed, installable by a touch of a button on your RC (MENU > pManager > Cam Manager > Install Camd > confirm the installation of "External..." > install whatever you want...).

3) Speaking personally, I have already made plenty of various guides towards various issues in the hobby, which I suppose many people might find interesting, plenty of which were made into articles on this great forum - for a reason, ~I guess... Should I pretend they do not exist and not help users by pointing to them? Or should I re-write it all again from scratch for each users, whenever they come with the same kind of a problem? OR should I simply point to all my hard work (and forward thinking, knowing the kinds of Qs I will be seeing soon), where all the info is? In other words, once you find all the info I have already made available to the hobbyists for free, at a level which more or less leaves no stone unturned - tell me, please: is it not natural to make good use of it?

4) Please, feel free to inspect the info, then come back and tell me where exactly did I say something that did not stand up to the highest scrutiny. I will listen with attention and interest!

5) Otherwise, no one is stopping anyone to have a really good quality image or high levels of support. Everybody can do it, it's a free for all hobby... ;) And I suspect that a little bit of friendly competition in the hobby is not exactly bad, is it?

6) To be sure: I don't exactly criticise anyone, I am not against anyone, I am simply representing the hard work and talent of PurE2, without being against anyone.

7) Therefore, I see no harm done, as there are no foul intentions on my part. It seems to me there is a misunderstanding here at work...

8) So, tell me, what is the problem with the above - but in detail, not in vague, broad terms, if you possibly can?

9) How exactly am I not helping the users by pointing to exhaustive and precise information and quality solution to their problems?

Cheerio!:cool1:

Edited 5 times, last by gorski ().

• BTW, KIddaC - my post no. 11 is quite specific in terms of what needs doing to setup his machine. Well, if you follow up on the links provided.

It also gives a short overview/summary of the actions needed, so he does not get lost in detailed info given.

I really fail to see how you arrived at your conclusion/objection/criticism....

• master G

Closed the thread.
  • master G

Added the Label General Support

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!