Dynavision spark and spark plus enigma2 multiboot

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,875 times. The last Post () by arber.

• Loading enigma2 on spark and spark plus
    If you have spark image on box and for the first time want to load enigma2 images as second one do as follows:
    1.Load on an usb enigma2 files in a folder called enigma2 and put on box
    2. Switch off the box and open keeping pressed OK button until FORC comes on display
    3. release OK button and press Ch down until EN16 comes on display
    4. Confirm with ok button and some progress will be display and SUCC meaning succeess.

5. Switch off the box with the usb still on it
    6. Switch on again keeping pressed the OK button till FORC comes on display
    7. Release OK button and press VOL up button U_LD comes on display and progress till installation of enigma2.
    8. Box will boot itself in enigma2 wizard

Down you can see how to boot spark image to enigma2 and viceversa

2.4 Howto switchfromSpark to Enigma2
    1.KeepPressing[OK]ButtoninFrontPanel,thenpoweronSTB.
    2.After5seconds,youwillsee[Forc]inLED,release[OK]buttonandPress[Down]
    buttonyouwillsee[EN16]inLED
    3.Press[OK]toconfirmyourselection,STBwillrebootautomatically

2.5 Howto switchfromEnigma2to spark
    1.KeepPressing[OK]ButtoninFrontPanel,thenpoweronSTB.
    2.After5seconds,youwillsee[Forc]inLED,release[OK]buttonandPress[UP]
    buttonyouwillsee[SPAR]inLED
    3.Press[OK]toconfirmyourselection,STBwillrebootautomatically

RE: if enigma2 installed do not work with the RC go back to spark image and upgrade the latest image, then go back to e2 and Rc will work

• m8!!!what is good images for enigma2 images for spark...i try images #1 but not success all sat no signal...i not try other images
    maybe my box was not booting..thnx...

• Seems like this box has a very bad support. This tutorial is everywhere but it does not work at all. At least for me and I do believe that is the same for many other people :( :(

• So far - I am agreeing with you. The SparkFans.net site also is little help.

I've had a post (waiting for Administrator Appr***l) for over a week now.

The <admin> there has never posted, and neither he nor the <Mods> have email addresses. Hopeless.

My situation so far is:

Having changed <Boot> to Enigma, I get as far as:

5.After 5 seconds, you will see [Forc] in LED, release [OK] button and press [align=right] Button.
    6.if everything OK, You will see [U LD] shining in LED

I have NEVER seen [U LD] in the display at this point only ever [FACT] (=Factory Reset, I presume)

I accept I have tried only SanDisk 4Gb and 1Gb sticks, and TDK 2Gb Stick - I am awaiting Kingston Sticks by post.

I find it difficult to understand WHY the box is SO picky about USB sticks. USB has been around a l o n g time.

It occurs to me that we don't know WHICH flavour of FAT32 the Box is expecting! It is not stated.

The Allocation Unit Size for FAT32 can be:

512 Bytes
    1024 Bytes
    2048 Bytes
    4096 Bytes
    8192 Bytes
    16 Kb
    32 Kb
    64 Kb

Extended FAT32 offers even more choices

Whilst FAT32 should be FAT32 :sure: perhaps they are not all created "equal"

Would formatting under Linux be less "flakey"?

Which "Flavour" of FAT32 in the Box looking for?

Perhaps this explains the frequent failures?

Any opinions from the firmware authors welcome!

Just as a side issue, If trying to attempt this by LAN connection - should a normal patch lead be used, or a crossover cable?

Just a thought

Best Regards

parametric

• hi i had the same problem with my golden media 990 box notting worked till i got a kingston stick when u force start after it says suc u restart holdin the ok butten again then u press the right key when it says factory u press ok again if it dosent work it will say t to t to no point in waiting if this comes up try a difrent image a lot of them dont work

• Sparks really have problemes with usb sometimes i did with my set of usb meny times not. Chineses boxes always have problems best thing is to leave spark image on it load in menu by usb or online and game over.
    Support for enigma 2 is not so serious, also linux spark image have not cc only mg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!