USB control

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 509 times. The last Post () by piterfree.

• I have bought a twin fan cooler usb for my octagon and now the temperature doesnt rise above 55ºC it works perfectly but my doubt is could we control via software the power on off the usb plug-in.

Now i have to stop directly in the fans with a swtich that has the fan incorporated but would be good could power off the usb output of voltage.

Thanks

• Official Post

I have bought a twin fan cooler usb for my octagon and now the temperature doesnt rise above 55ºC it works perfectly but my doubt is could we control via software the power on off the usb plug-in.

Now i have to stop directly in the fans with a swtich that has the fan incorporated but would be good could power off the usb output of voltage.

Thansks

I often see posts like this where peeps feel the need to cool there STB's........ even though the factory did not feel there was a need to.

Did the STB ever overheat ? My question is why bother with the fan in the first place ??

Do you know what temperature the chipset is safe to run at ?

• I dont mind what you think about this knind of posts maybe in your location it´s not needed. Do you know which weather is in the south?.

I can tell you that changes are from 50-95ºC in the box.

Solved

Edited 2 times, last by antrabe ().

• Official Post

I can tell you that changes are from 50-95ºC in the box

and so you think that is a good thing...... :rolling on the floor laughing: okay good luck, you already said you don't care for my opinion.

• Official Post

So what is considered normal range of temperature for sf8008?

My device temperature between 65 to 80 Celsius degree.

That is perfectly normal. (assuming the reported temperature is even accurate to begin with )

Modern chipsets and solders on the board, are safe to 115+ degrees Celsius. ( the chipset itself can go well beyond that range , i cant currently find the data sheet....... but i have 136 degrees in the back of my mind ?)

IMO you can do more damage than good by rapidly cooling these devices. Rapid cooling of the solder between the chipset and mainboard will lead to the solder degrading at a far faster rate. As said things have moved on greatly with modern devices, especially in comparison to devices and solders 10 /20 /30 years ago.

Solders on the board and its components are far better and a lot smaller now.

This is just my opinion, as said above, has anyone actually managed to overheat one of the STB's ? ......i very much doubt it.

• Years ago I removed fan from dm800 clone, because it was noisy and nothing happened to the box!!

• the Dm 800 Ferrari was without cooling and never had any problems for several years I just changed the SIM to give it a little touch up to be able to put another soft tri (Japhar SIM) one of the longest-lasting decoders still working.

VuSolo_VuSOLO.PRO_VuZero_VuSOLO2 SE_DR.800sim japar ed 800SEsim a8p_Mutant 51_4k_GB.UE.4k_DM.920

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!