Problem installing the turntable

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 231 times. The last Post () by urie.

• ترجمه نوشتار با

Hello managers and dear friends, I have an offset rotary dish (premium motor) and I always adjust it carefully. A few days ago, the wind was very strong and stormy and destroyed the whole dish and the base. I went and opened it completely and leveled the base again, then I installed the motor on it, then I started to adjust and get the directions of the satellites. Then, due to the fact that I was taking the directions manually, the quality of the signals in different directions was very low. Then when I pushed or pulled the upper and lower parts of the dish, the quality of the signal went down. But when I pushed or pulled the sides of the dish, the quality of the signal increased. What do you think is my problem? Help me please

Edited once, last by 1z1z ().

• Hello, dear managers and friends, in relation to my above question and problem regarding the adjustment of the turntable, I said that the base of my turntable is well aligned. Below, I have placed a picture of its alignment, so that if you dear ones have a discussion on this matter, please let me know. Thank you for helping me with the problem of adjusting the turntable. I am waiting for your response.

pasted-from-clipboard.jpg

• New
    • Official Post

ترجمه نوشتار با

Hello managers and dear friends, I have an offset rotary dish (premium motor) and I always adjust it carefully. A few days ago, the wind was very strong and stormy and destroyed the whole dish and the base. I went and opened it completely and leveled the base again, then I installed the motor on it, then I started to adjust and get the directions of the satellites. Then, due to the fact that I was taking the directions manually, the quality of the signals in different directions was very low. Then when I pushed or pulled the upper and lower parts of the dish, the quality of the signal went down. But when I pushed or pulled the sides of the dish, the quality of the signal increased. What do you think is my problem? Help me please

you need to move the entire dish and its motor, either left or right (east or west) to get better signal.

Slow on steady checking signal on multiple channels each time.

Repeat the test on many satellites as well, one far east, one far west, and one about in the middle.

Keep tweaking the dish until you get good signal across the full arc.

Remember this is a slow careful process, it should not be done in a rush.

What dish, motor and mount is it ? Pictures always help..... i hope the dish itself is not damaged from the wind and falling down....... good luck

• New
    • Official Post

Hello, dear managers and friends, in relation to my above question and problem regarding the adjustment of the turntable, I said that the base of my turntable is well aligned. Below, I have placed a picture of its alignment, so that if you dear ones have a discussion on this matter, please let me know. Thank you for helping me with the problem of adjusting the turntable. I am waiting for your response.

I replied to your first post as you typed the 2nd.....

Measure on the sides of your mounting pole, at 4 points around it front, back , left, right..... (you get the idea.)

(the top where you are currently measuring may not have been cut at a perfect 90 degrees to the mounting surface itself)

• Hello, managers and dear friends, regarding the above problem, when I said that I noticed something today, I told you that maybe there will be a solution for my problem. Today, when I adjusted the turntable base according to picture 1 and 2 and installed the motor and the dish on it and set the motor and the dish exactly to the south, then I started to adjust the direction, the signal quality was still low. Then, as the engine and dish were mounted on the base, I put the level on the engine and saw picture 3. Now, do you think there is a problem in aligning the base, motor and my dish or not? Please guide me how to fix this problem according to the things I mentioned. I will be grateful.

1-

?thumbnail=1

2-

?thumbnail=1

3-

• still wrong you need to put the level on side of tube to see if plumb not level

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!