Tutorial - Ubuntu Server 11.10, 12.xx, 13.04 x32/x64 - Auto Oscam/CCcam 2.1.3 Install

There are 398 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 150,619 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Automated Oscam/CCcam 2.1.3 Install Package For Ubuntu Server 11.10, 12.xx & 13.04 x32/x64

Scripts Cleaned & Updated 2014-03-25

Code
    Updated oscam to latest (#9584 at time of upload)
    The last release (Version #8917 had a problem with updating vide0guard cards (including slyuk) through cccam proto)

Anybody with oscam #8917 versions, replace your oscam bin located at /usr/local/bin with this file:
    for x32 system:
    oscam svn9584 x32.rar
    for x64 system:
    oscam svn9584 x64.rar
    Then chmod 755 the file with this command:
    chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/oscam

Scripts Cleaned & Updated 2013-09-14

Code
    Updated oscam to latest (#8917 at time of upload)
    Removed the need to edit the script, so its just a matter of copying the install pack to /tmp, chmod the script & run
    Renamed cccam binary to cccam_2.1.3 to avoid crontab issues with the cccam checkscript (Thank you YamaR6 for pointing this out)

Scripts Cleaned & Updated 2013-09-08

Code
    Introduced Auto Detection for x86 or x64 OS, the script will now install the correct package based on OS Version (This should eradicate all the wrong version installs)
    I have Automated Script even further so no user interaction is needed during the script!  (Start the script, have a cuppa and cccam/oscam is up & running within 5 mins)
    revised rc.local so cccam starts 30 seconds after oscam (Sorry Guys, this was missed somewhere along the line while updating package)
    Added nightly backup to the script so all your cccam/oscam configs are backed up @ midnight

Scripts Cleaned & Updated 2013-09-02

Code
    Updated oscam to latest version (8891 at time of uploading)
    Included Simplebuild in the script so you can build your own oscam.
    Removed proftpd from auto install.
    Updated CCcam.channelinfo & CCcam.prio.
    Added latest oscam.srvid & oscam.services to the script (oscam.srvid for 0963 only, too many services error with all sats) mainly for People who want to switch to oscam only.
    Cleaned up some Syntax errors in LogCleanUp.sh
    updated x32 scripts (Few errors pointed out by Fano)
    Removed dummy reader from oscam.server (It was causing problems with latest versions of oscam)
    changed cccam/oscam restarts, updates & cleanups from 3.56am to 6.56am.

Tested & Working on:

Ubuntu Server 11.10 amd64 & x32
    Ubuntu Server 12.xx amd64 & x32
    Ubuntu Server 13.04 amd.64
    (I am sure it would work on older releases also if repositories are updated, I did not have time to test with 9,10 & 11.04)

What you will Need:

1.. Any PC (Preferably form Pentium 4 up)
    2.. Ubuntu Server 12 or 13 (x86 /amd-64-Bit)
    3.. Blank DVD
    4.. PuTTY
    5.. WinSCP
    6.. >>Updated<<2014-03-25 - cccam-oscam Ubuntu x32-x64.rar

I have modified & updated the original script written by Youknowwho (R.I.P), to work with Ubuntu amd64.
    I have tested this numerous times with no problems at all on two Desktop PC's, a laptop & VM Workstation.
    This Script installs OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build #8905 (Compiled with all Omnikey & Smartreader Support) & cccam 2.1.3 (x32 & x64 compatable)
    After final Reboot the oscam/cccam webif's are up and running.
    Tip: Follow all the steps (including updates & other steps that you might be tempted to skip)

NOTE1: If you are upgrading from a working cccam/oscam setup, make sure to backup all your cccam configs. i.e.
    /var/etc
    cccam.cfg

NOTE2: If you are installing on a vps or machine that was not setup with initial user, edit this line in CCcamOscamInstall.sh

Code
    OWNER=$(grep 1000:1000: /etc/passwd|cut -f1 -d':')

to this:

Code
    OWNER=root

Step 1.. Install Ubuntu Server 11.10, 12.xx or 13.04 (x32/x64) on your PC/Server following all the steps below.

Ubuntu6401.jpg

Select Install Ubuntu Server
    Then Select your Language Location & Keyboard Layout

Ubuntu6402.jpg

Select your hostname for your PC (This can be anything you like) e.g. ubuntu

Ubuntu6403.jpg

Enter your Full Name

Ubuntu6404.jpg

Type your username (First name by default)
    Then Type your password & Re-Type your password

Ubuntu6405.jpg

Select <NO> for Encrypt your home Directory)

Ubuntu6406.jpg

in Partitioning Method, Select <Use Entire Disk>

Ubuntu6407.jpg

Select your Disk & Hit return

Ubuntu6408.jpg

Select <Yes> under Write the changes to disks

Ubuntu6409.jpg

Just Hit return on this screen if you dont use HTTP proxy

Ubuntu6410.jpg

Select <No automatic updates>

Ubuntu6411.jpg

Only select OpenSSH server by pressing the spacebar then hit return.
    All the software needed will be installed with the autoscript.

Ubuntu6412.jpg

Select <Yes> to install GRUB to the master boot record...
    Remove the CD & click continue to reboot the Server

Thats it, your now finished the Ubuntu Install..

Step 2.. Prepairing Ubuntu for the automated Script.

For these Steps make sure your PC is connected to the Router (Preferably Wired connection)
    We now have to set up a static IP address so we can use Putty & WinSCP to FTP files & execute Terminal commands Remotely.
    From my experiences with Ubuntu , I NEVER set a static IP in Network Interfaces.
    I log into my router (192.168.*.*) and within my Lan Setup I can view connected Devices.
    In connected Devices establish which device is your Server & Write down the MAC Address
    Now go to Pre-Assigned DHCP IP Addresses and Put in your Server MAC Address & the IP address you want (e.g. 192.168.1.50)
    Click on Add Static IP Address or Apply or whatever it might be on your Router!
    Restart the Server & when it's back up, It will have a static IP Address reserved by the router without you having to configure anything in Ubuntu.

Now we are going to log into the server with putty

Ubuntu6427.jpg

Jyst type the Static IP Adress of your Server & hit Open,

Ubuntu6413.jpg

Ubuntu6414.jpg

Now Enter these lines to set up a root account

Code
    sudo passwd root

Enter your password
    Then Enter your new root password
    Enter your new root password again to confirm

Code
    sudo reboot

Step 3.. Install oscam/cccam autoscript.

Ubuntu6428.jpg

Now log into your Server with WinSCP as root user

Ubuntu6419.jpg

On the left hand side, Browse to the "CCcam Oscam Ubuntu 64-Bit" Folder
    On the right, browse to <root>/tmp folder

Ubuntu6420.jpg

Select both "cccamoscam_install_package" Folder & CCcamOscamInstall.sh and copy them to tmp folder

Ubuntu6422.jpg

chmod the Script with this command

Code
    chmod 755 /tmp/CCcamOscamInstall.sh

Ubuntu6423.jpg

Run the Script with this command

Code
    /tmp/CCcamOscamInstall.sh

Ubuntu6426.jpg

The Script reboots the machine.

When the PC Starts up will have OScam & CCcam Installed
    You can check your oscam Webif page by typing your server ip & oscam webif port no. (192.168.*.*:8888) in the address bar of your browser.
    Username: admin
    Password: admin

You can check your cccam Webif page by typing your server ip & cccam webif port no. (192.168.*.*:16001) in the address bar of your browser.
    Username: admin
    Password: admin

Now all you have to do Is configure your cccam.cfg and oscam configs to suit your setup & card readers.
    The version of oscam in this script is the latest version, compiled with full support for all Card readers.

NOTE: If you install an older (Stable) Version of oscam only to find that it is not starting with the server it is most likely because it is referencing libssl0.9.8.
    To Fix this just run command below:

Code
    apt-get install libssl0.9.8

On completion of this tutorial you will have a Ubuntu Server with cccam/oscam up and running, but you will still need to follow tutorials to configure:

USE THE THANKS BUTTON ON ALL THESE TUTORIALS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THE HARD WORK THAT WENT INTO WRITING THEM

Here is a list of all the commands you will need to run your server:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…oscam-cccam-commands.html

Good Luck & Enjoy

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited 9 times, last by thatfellow: Spelling ().

• Thank you for this super nice and easy guide :) just so super!! Only one question...you say this is the latest oscam with full support for all card readers, do you mean the latest STABLE VERSION or UNSTABLE VERSION of Oscam?? (i am asking because we have some problems with using the 1.20 version right now in our group -it's lacking quite often). Regards...

• I personally had to upgrade oscam svn 7015 because the version that came with the script did not show my cards entitlements i do run ubuntu 32 bit but im sure you can get a version for 64 bit

Thank you for this super nice and easy guide :) just so super!! Only one question...you say this is the latest oscam with full support for all card readers, do you mean the latest STABLE VERSION or UNSTABLE VERSION of Oscam?? (i am asking because we have some problems with using the 1.20 version right now in our group -it's lacking quite often). Regards...

Thank you for this super nice and easy guide :) just so super!! Only one question...you say this is the latest oscam with full support for all card readers, do you mean the latest STABLE VERSION or UNSTABLE VERSION of Oscam?? (i am asking because we have some problems with using the 1.20 version right now in our group -it's lacking quite often). Regards...

Its this version of Oscam:
    OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build #7149

but its pretty easy to swap versions after install m8, just follow step by step guide in post 3 of this thread using your preferred version of oscam..
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…ntu-server.html#post52984

get the right version of oscam for your setup using this great tool:
    Includes Stable version (oscam-1.10rc-svn6481-x86_64-pc-linux-pcsc-libusb)
    http://linuxsat-support.com/os…ollection-gianni8127.html

See note at bottom of tut if stable version of oscam fails to start with Server:

NOTE: If you install an older (Stable) Version of oscam only to find that it is not starting with the server it is most likely because it is referencing libssl0.9.8.
    To Fix this just run command below:

Code
    apt-get install libssl0.9.8

I personally had to upgrade oscam svn 7015 because the version that came with the script did not show my cards entitlements i do run ubuntu 32 bit but im sure you can get a version for 64 bit

No need to look for 64 bit version of oscam for this Auto-install, the version that's setup with the autoscript is compiled for 64Bit and works straight off the bat!

Good Luck

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• ok, Please be gentle cos my head hurts...... :beated:
    The time has come to give myself a headache and try to turn an old pc into a dedicated server, i have been running a dm500 with i few friends and family members sharing with no problems apart from having to replace the box a couple of times, but had all my configs and stuff saved so was relatively easy to set up the new dm500 without any problems... its been running that smoothly that its been ages since ive had to do any brain work and most of the stuff learned when i first set it up is now i distant memory.. anyway, latest dm500 is starting to playup and lockup so time for a change..

Ive spent the last couple of days trying to install the Automated Oscam/CCcam 2.1.3 Install Package For Debian 6 using Ten Below's excellent tut, but keep getting a problem with the script hanging so thought i'd try a different tack, so here i am.
    Ive followed this tut from start to finish with absolutly zero problems (might i say really easy to follow for a real noob like me so many thanks) and i am now the proud owner of a P4 3.4GHz, with 160gb hard drive and 2gb of ram running Ubutu 12.04 server and oscam/cccam 2.13 :caz2:
    so, the easy part out of the way thanks to the tut, what to do now... I have a brand new Smargo reader and a s*y uk white card but am still unsure what my next step is...
    On my dm500 i was running cccam 2.1.3 and the clients are using a mix of dm500, spider boxes and a couple of blades.
    Firstly, is Ubuntu 12.04 64-Bit - Automated Oscam/CCcam 2.1.3 a suitable choice for replacing my dm500, and if so what is the next step in getting my smargo running with my white card.... can i use the cccam.cfg already being used by my dm500 and do i need to install the oscam config for s*y uk, i am able to access the webif pages of both cccam and oscam but havnt got a real idea of what to do next...
    i am not posting here without reading, its just that i have read and tried that much over the last couple of days my head is spinning and would really appreciate being pointed in the right direction..
    Many many thanks in advance D

• Glad to hear your cccam/oscam server is up n running m8.. thats a good 95% of the hard work done. Because there are 5 or 6 popular readers, I did not include that in the setup.. You will need to start a new thread if you have any problems setting up your smargo...

Here is a link to a tut by Ten Below that I used to setup my smargo..
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…l-smargo-smartreader.html

try that first and if you have any problems start a thread for support outlining what steps your stuck on etc..

To answer a few questions:

dm500 is starting to playup and lockup so time for a change..

With your DM500 you will always be limited by the hardware & occasionally problems that arise from day to day using box as server & sat box..

Ive followed this tut from start to finish with absolutly zero problems (might i say really easy to follow for a real noob like me so many thanks) and i am now the proud owner of a P4 3.4GHz, with 160gb hard drive and 2gb of ram running Ubutu 12.04 server and oscam/cccam 2.13
    so, the easy part out of the way thanks to the tut, what to do now... I have a brand new Smargo reader and a s*y uk white card but am still unsure what my next step is...

Believe it or not m8, that was the hard bit.. No matter what goes wrong now, your server is set up! You just have to install smargo using Tens tut above.. Then you will need to test your F:lines & Clines before transfering everything over to your dedicated server, freeing up your DM500 for viewing pleasure only..

is Ubuntu 12.04 64-Bit - Automated Oscam/CCcam 2.1.3 a suitable choice for replacing my dm500

Yes, I have been running 12.04 for a month and I see a noticable improvement over 10.04 x32 & a huge improvement over using the Dreambox as a server.

So give above a go and start up a thread to resolve whatever issues you have left. I have the same card so I would be able to give you a dig out with settings etc..

Good luck m8

Having a wee play with this. But when I log into my router I can't see the linux PC. It is also wired to the router.
    Do I need to install samba?

Thanks

Thats pretty strange..
    1.. Check the cable with your laptop to rule out that.
    2.. Was your server connected to the router during Ubuntu Setup & Install? If so, the ethernet card drivers & DHCP settings should have been automatically configured.
    3.. Have you made any changes to the networking settings in Ubunty?

• Thats pretty strange..
    1.. Check the cable with your laptop to rule out that.
    2.. Was your server connected to the router during Ubuntu Setup & Install? If so, the ethernet card drivers & DHCP settings should have been automatically configured.
    3.. Have you made any changes to the networking settings in Ubunty?

The cable is fine. I ran the ifconfig and got the ip address from there. Then I edited the /etc/network/interfaces file to change to a static ip. This also worked and now have a static ip.
    Now the sudo apt-get update & upgrade is just throwing up error messages like:

root@ubuntu:~# sudo apt-get update
    Err http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com precise InRelease

Err http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com precise-updates InRelease

Err http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com precise-backports InRelease

Err http://security.ubuntu.com precise-security InRelease

Err http://security.ubuntu.com precise-security Release.gpg
    Temporary failure resolving âsecurity.ubuntu.comâ
    Err http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com precise Release.gpg
    Temporary failure resolving âgb.archive.ubuntu.comâ
    Err http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com precise-updates Release.gpg
    Err http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com precise-backports Release.gpg
    Reading package lists... Done
    W: Failed to fetch http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/precise/InRelease

Any ideas? Think it is a problem stemming from the server not showing up in my router and then access being denied. Can't see any firewall options in my router (netgear wndr3700)

I can access the server via putty though.

• OK m8, In the tut above I suggested not touching the /etc/network/interfaces and to give the static IP within the router settings.

From my experiences with Ubuntu , I NEVER set a static IP in Network Interfaces.

Your problem is within your hostname & networking settings. Since you assigned your static IP address from within Ubuntu, you have one or the other or both setup incorrectly.

For a quick fix, Revert back to DHCP instead of static within /etc/network/interfaces and set the static IP address within your router.

As this problem is not related to the Auto Install, Please start a new thread for support.

• I would certainly set the static IP address within my router, if indeed the server showed up on my lan as a connected device etc but it doesn't.

I'll change back to DHCP to see if it appears. It was originally set this way and didn't show up.

Sorry for messing your thread btw! I appreciate the tut and if this doesn't resolve it I will start a new thread.

can you do script for 32 bit PC and possibly a tutorial like this

cheers
    kabise

Here is the 32bit version of this script for Ubuntu 12.04...
    Removed, see post #1

And download 32 Bit version of Ubuntu Server from here... (Select 32 Bit in "Choose your flavour" pull down menu)
    Removed, see post #1

Tested on clean install 32 Bit 12.04, follow the tut above.

good Luck

cheers mate,this looks cs studio looks helpful,well impressive bit of kit.

CS Studio is a great app but you will need static ip setup before you can use that too..

dont know if i should just go get the lot and set up from home i have vm 20mpbs and relitive has sly with probs much less. meant to ask about the internet speeds and what impact it has on the home network.

Card sharing has virtually no impact on your broadband usage, I never measured it but I know from what I have read that you are sending minute packets of data. If you are concerned, you might want to restrict your other machines to using about 90-95% of your broadband. This will mean that no matter what you are downloading, there will be some broadband left for cccam.

Someone suggested post screenshots of the settings, this would be your best way forward

I agree, If you post screenshots of your LAN Setup & DHCP settings within your router setup, we will figure out how to set a static IP address..

Good Luck..

• thanks so much,fantastic tut fantastic support throughout completion, especailly towards the end with Andyray helping me bg time on Team Viewer, This forum rocks man. .The knowledge and pateince is unreal and like nothing ive experienced on other forums.

• Thanks thatfellow,
    Your post is great for someone like me that comes from the ice age as far as computers are concerned. I followed your instructions which appeared to go ok, however when I try to web browse into oscam or cccam I get the message page cannot be displayed. I have used putty and confirmed that both are in the right location and that their configs show the web info ports are the same as I am using in the address bar (:8888 and :16001). I installed ubuntu 12.04. Hope this is ok.
    Any ideas.
    Thanks again for the great post,
    HS5424

• Have you opened ports mate?

amended the httpallowed line in Oscam Config file

httpallowed = 127.0.0.1,0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255 or something similar

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Official Post

Hi

How would I change the reboot to once a week instead of 4am every night, is it the crontab method?

Would like it to reboot at 5am on Saturday.

Not used this script myself but if its like the others then it is a config update that takes place at this time not a reboot, you can change the time of this by editing the crontab.

[h=1]Linux Cron Guide[/h]

Hi

How would I change the reboot to once a week instead of 4am every night, is it the crontab method?

Would like it to reboot at 5am on Saturday.

Here is the crontab located at (/etc/crontab) generated by this auto install..

Above you can see the lines that STOP & START cccam/oscam.. Change these values to whatever you require..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!