How to use the remote channel stream converter plugin

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 14,086 times. The last Post () by Julesd.

• This is a tutorial on how to setup the remote channel stream converter plugin (I have attached it for you)

I use it to share a tuner from my DUO to my Solo (the solo has no satellite cable attached) and the plugin works beautifully

I'm running vix 3.0 on my duo and vix 2.4 on my solo

(The reason I have not installed vix 3.0 on my solo is because most of the plugins I had working on my duo with vix 2.4 dont work on vix 3.0)

you only install the plugin on the client box

First FTP the plugin to the /tmp folder

Then install via the vix menu on the box

Tip: Powerline plugs or a wired connection is recommended to set this up (I tried it with wifi bridges and it kept glitching/freezing but its rock solid with powerline plugs)

To create your new bouquet on the client box, select 'menu' > 'setup' > 'service searching' > remote channel stream converter

Then fill in the required fields such as server box IP etc and make sure all the bouquets on this screen have a green check mark beside them and select download and then ok and you bouquets will be generated on the client box

Now press TV on your remote and you will see a new list of bouquets beginning with the prefix: 'remote_'

So for example if you have a bouquet called 'movies' on your server box, your newly generated bouquet on your client box will be called 'remote_movies'

Bingo Bango.... now you've got multiroom :)

Hope this helps

D.B

• Quick update:

Since I wrote this tutorial I have upgraded my solo from vix 2.4 to vix 3.0 and downloaded the plugin from the vix feeds and I can confirm that the plugin works perfectly on vix 3.0 now

• I went about this a different way. I have an Android stick (MK809). On it I have Dreamdroid and VLC installed. It uses wireless to connect to my Lan. My Amiko Alien2 is wired. With Dreamdroid I can browse the Alien2's bouquets, click on the channel I want and then click Stream - which then uses VLC Player

I'm struggling to play HD but SD is perfect. Mind you, I can stream from the Alien2 to my laptop in HD perfectly wirelessly via OpenWebIf and VLC

• Hi, I am using RMSC with my remote box to watch channels from my VU+ duo and it works well.

Only problem is I have 2 cams installed on my Duo with autocam for different packages.

RCSC does not switch between the cams. Is there any solution to this please?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jules.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!