How to use C and T Tuners on Dreambox DM800SE Sunray4 Openpli 3.0

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,883 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• Hello.
    I have sunray4-dm800se with sim a8p and pli 3.0 on it.I cant install trial combo driver for dvb-c and dvb-t because this is only for sim images based on oe 1.6 so I need to do it manually.
    I have diseqc 4x1 and 28.2e,19e,13e connected to sr4 via adavanced setup in sr4 and this is ok,and now I want set for dvb-t and dvb-c if possible for fta channels from virgin media.I live in UK about Manchester,I have all connected to sr4-cable from virgin media splitter,dvb-t to in-door cheap aerial from poundstore for testing purpose and sat cable to diseqc and 100cm dish with 3lnbs and that working good,need to set dvb-t and dvb-c now.

Can somebody help?
    regards.

• How to use C and T Tuners

Cable Tunner Scanning setup config

1.The screen will only show up as a single S Tuner at the moment, but it does not stop you using each tuner format though S,C ot T.

2. You can also scan on any image you don't need anything special tested on Sunray & Nemesis images.

3. Before you start to scan for C channels you'll need to find out the Channel Frequencies and Symbol rate for your Country/Area.

Once you have that you can start to set up the tuner configuration.

On your remote Menu-Setup-Service Searching-Tuner Config

1. Setup the tuner as per the screen shot.
    1efe2c8c4c000791eff4.jpg

On the pic you'll see it says C at the Satellite position that's because i did my own edit on the satellite.xml with my area details but as we are manually scanning just select any Satellite position it does not matter.

2. Now exit the tuner config and select the manual scan option and set up as per the pic.
    dc5cea8e2c5b007926ba648f.jpg

306349a7a88b937113112b84e.jpg

Now repeat for all your other frequencies.

Ive not tried a automatic scan but i guess you could if you prepare the satellite.xml with all your frequency details to scan with.

The main thing you have to remember here is the frequencies you enter needs to have a 01 in front of it. So if a frequency for your area is 643.000 you loose the 000 from the end and put a 01 in front of the 643 so you end up with 01634 in the frequency entry. For the symbol rate you need in most cases a zero in front so 6667 will be entered as 06667.

Once thats setup up with those parameters press OK to scan

• Hi,

Similar problem- using the trial tuner driver ver2 on a combo DVB-S,C,T on its own works perfectly with a DM800se with A8P sim card however connect a pinnacle pctv 452se tuner and it sends the dvb-t tuner to tuner C and now doesn't work any clues?

• master G

Added the Label DVB-C/T2 Tuner
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Sunray4-how to scan for dvb-t and dvb-c with pli 3.0” to “How to use C and T Tuners on Dreambox DM800SE Sunray4 Openpli 3.0”.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!