Running 2 instances of oscam on 1 debian server

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,596 times. The last Post () by zipto.

• Is there a tut for this , I presume i would need 2 bin files right ? With different names , its just the server,user,config files I'm wondering what to do with them (would I also need 2 of each)

• Or if I used the oscam /cccam installer , would you be able to use the oscam /cccam plug in for the one dns and the cccam (var/etc) for the other one ?

• Is there a tut for this , I presume i would need 2 bin files right ? With different names , its just the server,user,config files I'm wondering what to do with them (would I also need 2 of each)

Make new directories for your config files and call them etc1 and etc2 and put your config files there. Copy your oscam file to oscam1 and oscam 2 and start with command like this
    /usr/local/bin/oscam1 -b -c /usr/local/etc1/oscam.conf/
    and repeat for oscam2.

• I have mine setup like this,

Have 2 binaries in /usr/local/bin

Named

oscam
    oscam.12

I then made a new folder in /usr/local/etc

called configs1

then edit my rc.local

sudo nano rc.local

and enter

sleep 30
    /usr/local/bin/oscam -b -c /usr/local/etc
    sleep 2
    /usr/local/bin/oscam.12 -b -c /usr/local/etc/configs1 -t /tmp/.oscam.12

which makes the second oscam, oscam.12 look for its configs in /usr/loacl/etc/configs1

your first oscam will have its configs in /usr/local/etc as normal

• whats this bit doing mate
    -t /tmp/.oscam.12

• Hi
    It creates oscam.pid and oscam.version file.It works Ok.But I tried to make 3 instances of oscam on rasphberry and no luck so far.I have it on pc(debian) and runs for 3 months without problems.But I wanted to change it for rasphberry(fans on PC are really annoying+energy saving).Anyone tried this with success.
    Regards
    P.S.This is part of log for third oscam instance
    2013/03/30 10:16:53 0 s newcamd: Bind request failed (Address already in use), waiting another 7 seconds
    2013/03/30 10:16:54 0 s newcamd: Bind request failed (Address already in use), waiting another 6 seconds
    2013/03/30 10:16:55 0 s newcamd: Bind request failed (Address already in use), waiting another 5 seconds
    2013/03/30 10:16:56 0 s newcamd: Bind request failed (Address already in use), waiting another 4 seconds
    2013/03/30 10:16:57 0 s newcamd: Bind request failed (Address already in use), waiting another 3 seconds
    2013/03/30 10:16:58 0 s newcamd: Bind request failed (Address already in use), waiting another 2 seconds
    2013/03/30 10:16:59 0 s newcamd: Bind request failed (Address already in use), waiting another 1 seconds
    2013/03/30 10:17:00 0 s newcamd: Bind request failed (Address already in use), giving up

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!