Advice on most stable image

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,950 times. The last Post () by Julesd.

• Hey you guys, I'm new to this but am having trouble with my Vu+ duo. I have an F3 upstairs working great with same supplier but having a problem with freezing on the Vu+.

I tried swopping them round with same results so the network and dish connections are good.
    Started with Blackhole, tried Vix which seemed good at first but started freezing from time to time after a day.
    Went back to BH last night but couldn't get the TS panel installed so I'm looking for the best stable image to rule out everything but the cline.

Thanks in advance

• hi well i use blackhole and very happy and stable.
    cheers

• I've tried blackhole and Vix but they both had problems with freezing with my duo - just wondered the best place to download a solid image?

• Official Post

Hey you guys, I'm new to this but am having trouble with my Vu+ duo. I have an F3 upstairs working great with same supplier but having a problem with freezing on the Vu+.

I tried swopping them round with same results so the network and dish connections are good.
    Started with Blackhole, tried Vix which seemed good at first but started freezing from time to time after a day.
    Went back to BH last night but couldn't get the TS panel installed so I'm looking for the best stable image to rule out everything but the cline.

Thanks in advance

From this i take it you are using a payserver & trying to use the line in both boxes, if so i suggest you read the rules buddy.

• Supplier was the supplier of the boxes who has sent me a couple of images - I managed to get the new Vix image to work now after a few days of messing about with half a dozen images. It's pretty stable now and the menus on the Vu+ duo are loads better than on the F3.

• Just checking if this is a clone or original? I find vix really stable and have come on leaps and bounds in the last few months.
    I had the odd green screen with vix 2.2 and 2.3, but vix 3.0 is rock solid.

• Hi it's original, using Vix 3.0.600 now and its looking good, was a mess on to get it working but I think that was more me. Tried to download TSPanel by FTP ing it into temp folder then manually installing but can't see it.
    It's not a big problem cos I like how it is anyway but I reckon I will be tinkering again soon :-)

• Hi it's original, using Vix 3.0.600 now and its looking good, was a mess on to get it working but I think that was more me. Tried to download TSPanel by FTP ing it into temp folder then manually installing but can't see it.
    It's not a big problem cos I like how it is anyway but I reckon I will be tinkering again soon :-)

Best piece of advice i can offer is make a full set of backups while the image is working as you want it to, this way if your tinkering does stuff something up you can return to a known working setup within the time it takes to flash the backup back to the receiver.

Also i would advise against TSpanel on the ViX image as it's known to cause problems with Timeshift, Network and USB mounts just to name a few.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Just install them yourself. On demand is available from vix feeds on latest build. icefilm and 1channel just neeed to ftp the ipk to /tmp and install local extension.

• Would anyone be able to tell me what addons are available and what they actually do? Or is there a thread going already, I have had a look but can't find a specific one that explains what they do?

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!