Streaming from network drive

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,414 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• I have a vu solo with blackhole 1.7.8 Build Sept 24

I am trying to mount a network drive.

I go to menu>setup>system>network>mount manager>mountpoints managment

Active: enable
    Local share name: I entered the hostname of the network drive
    Mount type: NFS share (didnt choose CIFS share since my network drive doesn't have user and password)
    Server ip: ip of network drive
    Server Share: the path /Data/Movies
    use has hdd replacment: np
    Mount options: rw

rebooted decoder but I am getting the attached.

• My drive is a CIFS share, and it doesn't have a username and password - leave these blank.

for the local share name - just call it what you want it to be called on the receiver
    for the server share - the name of the folder on the network drive you want to share

If there is a Network Browser option on the BH image (like there is in ViX) then you should be able to locate the share and it will set most of it up. CIFS is a Microsoft Windows share protocol and is quite common on NAS drives, so would not be surprised if it is CIFS, if you are unsure then try it.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!