Qbox-mini

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,733 times. The last Post () by toneinblack.

Hi !!

until a bit more than 1 year ago I 've had a qbox HD mini and I used

Arthur BKP_QBOXHd_MINI_v0.0.59

based on Release 0.0.59 per QBoxHD MINI.
    Softcam Panel V 2.1.2 by Diamondear
    Radar 4.22
    Oscam 5224
    ---------

NEW ***n Balckshadow_Tiffy by Arthur
    Picon full osd-lcd Black
    New spinner
    Plugin installed:
    Oscaminfo v.1.9 mod. by Diamondear
    Qboxhd SecondInfobar v.2.9 by Diamonder
    NEW!!! Autosetting by m43c0 per qboxhd.

that is a BKU for Italian user so the slots are configured for Tivusat and *** ita cards so you have to edit the pre-configured Emus on it
    Basically to be honest i never used all the plugin/ addons installed ( eg Streaming , Epg , VLC ... ) but they were working

The support on qbox HD Mini ( and Qbox HD ) is no longer present from Duolabs and all the people that were working on it have left their works regarding Images ( backups ) and other stuffs

So there are not recent images ( except Roy backup for Qbox HD ) ..but there are not even new Filesystem from Duolabs
    You can try that backup ( i remember it was working good and fast )

Obviously You'll have to update some things " into " as Emus ( latest Oscam /Radar ) and /or Skins but basically it should works fine

here where download it :

Code
    http://www.multiupload.nl/ZIYEK7W63D

please report here if you have some probs or some else requests

regards !!

I never tried this one but ...

Roy Image BKP QBOXHDMINI 9.3.2013

============================================================ ================

uboot 24.11.2010
    ============================================================ ================
    Release BETA 0.0.60

- Bugfix: Upgrade satellites.xml.
    - Bugfix: Upgrade terrestrial.xml (added transponder for Estonia).
    - Bugfix: Upgrade cables.xml (added transponder for Estonia).
    - Bugfix: Added the Estonian language.
    - Bugfix: The "TV Settings" menù is not displayed it when it is used the default skin.
    - Bugfix: Some options of "TV Settings" menù (Just scale, Letterbox, ect.) are not applied when the decoder is restarted.
    - Bugfix: Some minor bugfixes.

============================================================ =================

what new ?
    add oscam 8117 truck 1.20
    LT6SKIN v2.0.45

* oscam 8117 *
    * radar 4.22 *
    * radar sat sharing 4.22 *

Code
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ztcjiemzu9am49b

or

Code
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/a4lotb

regards

• anyway

are you sure to have used the latest bootloader ?

if not you have to use it

and re try or use this image ( lacierva suggested ) :

SatStation QBOX HD Mini New Firmware v0.0.4 23rd December2011

This SatStation v 0.0.4 firmware has been built using the the latest CVS code and compiled from fresh.

Login Details
    Username: root
    Password: QBOX hd

** Changelog **
    ================================================== ==============================
    SatStation Release Beta v 0.0.4

* Enhancement: BusyBox Version 1.19.3
    Replaced Older version of Busybox with a newer version

* Enhancement: SatStation Panel
    Gives you detailed information about your QBOX HD Mini. System and Network Tools

* Enhancement: New Boot Intro
    Thanks to Mr Olympia

* Enhancement: CoolTV
    *CoolTV EPG incorporated into image

*Enhancement : OpenWebif E2 --- Beta only --Not all functions work and work still in progress
    * Use of an OpenSource WebIf <box ip address>:8088

*Fix : YouTube player fixed

Based on Duolabs beta release 0.0.60

* Bugfix: Some minor bugfixes.

Thanks to Jimux for assistance in putting this together
    ================================================== ==============================
    Please ensure you are using the latest Bootloader otherwise all fixes may not work

( its not so actual but it works fine I tried some times ago )

you can find image here ( just uploaded from me ):

Code
    http://uploading.com/bda7beda/qboxhd_mini_update_SatStation_0-0-4-zip

and latest boot loader on attachment

here a short giude how to
    http://linuxsat-support.com/du…rto-you-qbox-mini-hd.html

or the guide I done some times ago :

..Duolabs tutorial is great and useful

..but when happen to you personally ..it's another thing !!

so I want to post some little suggests how to recover Qbox HD Mini bootloader

first of all you need Qbox HD Updater
    and you can find it here :

Code
    http://www.duolabs.com/download/Qboxupdater110.zip

( it works with Qbox HD and Qbox HD Mini )

now install and open Qbox HD Updater

That is a procedure with Qbox HD Mini connected with LAN cable directly on Your Modem/router

this is what it show you at the first run :

where you see:
    DHCP Enabled !!!
    if you connect directly with QBox HD you have to set your PC in static IP configuration

you not interest it ..It's only for procedure with decoder connected directly to PC

network setting , Pc IP ...it find itself you must to check if these are correct
    on the right you must edit decoder IP , user and pass ( depend from image that you have installed ..or will be that you have changed ..or default is root/ qboxhd )

on this way decoder IP can be a " random " IP ( or use the same Decoder Ip that you have configured in Qbox network setting menu ) obviously in the same range of netmask

when you done it click on save button

at this time download recovery file and save it on desktop ( or your default folder )

then return on Qbox HD updater open it and click before on show console and then on recovery buttons

when you click on recovery button will open a windows where you can see a countdown of 60 sec where it ask of turn off and then on decoder

IMPORTANT :

now decoder is turned off and connected to the modem/router with a LAN cable

for turn on decoder and start recovery procedure you must ( during countdown )....I suggest to have decoder,PC, and modem router all near

press and keep pressed front power button meanwhile turn on decoder from behind button
    you can leave front button ONLY you can see in the Qbox Updater console that it's ready to charging file
    will appear a browse windows select the recovery files and click yes when it ask you if you want to transfer it

this will be during transfer :

..after few minutes ( about 10 ) procedure will be terminate and will compare a windows message " updated successfully

..now you can turn off Qbox from behind button
    replace Qbox and it's ready to receive new filesystem or image or backup with normal USB procedure

regards !!

• Hello all,
    my qbox hd mini wont boot past the red light and it looks like I need a new image, this thread is the only place I can find some working links, ill probably need to update the bootloader and have downloaded the qbox updater, do I need to download the latest bootloader from somewhere as well? also have only used satstaion 2,0 ( 0.2?) image and cant get past the livid download when trying to download the 4.0 version in this thread,
    help and suggestions please gents:)

• thank you for the links pereras, I have updated the bootloader and installed the flash file from your links above and it has brought my box back from the dead, just have to set it up and fingers crossed, but its looking good.
    thank you.

• just an update, box is booting and loading fine except for one tiny little problem, its in a different language , any ideas of how to get it back to English?

thanks all.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!