How to view/edit files on VU+?

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,571 times. The last Post () by ishara.

• Hi all,

I have a VU+ Ultimo running with last VTI image.
    I'm desperately (and with no success) looking for a file manager capable of viewing ad editing the files on the box (i.e. key file).
    I was used to Tuxbox Commander (tuxcom) on my old Dreambox, but I can find anything similar working on VU+.
    Does it exist?

Thanks,
    Micheling

• Have you tryed dcc or filezilla.
    Like master G says.

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• There is a file browser plugin that will allow you to do exactly this via the receiver it self, I downloaded it from the ViX feeds a couple of weeks ago for a guy who needed it on the BH image, ignore the Ultimo part thats just there because i downloaded it from my ultimo. try it and see if it works ( not sure if it will but the guy i downloaded it for said it worked for him on the latest BH image ).

• Thanks all.

Indeed I was looking for a file manager to be installed directly on the box, not to use the PC.
    I'll give a try tonight to the plug-in loaded by Phoenix.

Cheers

• No way!

I installed the attached plug-in, but it is the default file manager available on the image, that can move and delete files but it doesn't allow to view and edit files.

Is it possible that such kind of file manager is not available for VU+?

Cheers,
    Micheling

• not come across anything that does all you wish and TBH why would it lol

Filexplorer allows you to move and copy files.......connecting your box with a pc using filezilla and or the like allows you to move, edit, modify the files you want!

And unless you had a Keyboard for your VU, you would get tired thumbs with the remote for editing lol

You could always connect using an android/app device and connect edit e.t.c using various different programs....(ten put together a nice post on whats on offer)

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Sh*t, so there is no way to do this ...
    Having to connect PC just to change a key in the keyfile, to look at the encrytion infos in pid.info file or to change an option in cfg file is very annoying in my opinion, but I'll get over it.
    Thanks for your post.

• To whom it may concern, Dream Explorer does allow to view and edit files.
    There is no mention of such functions on the menu shortcuts/commands but, selecting (push OK) the file, viewer is opened and, selecting (push OK) line, editor is opened and the line can be modified.

• To whom it may concern, Dream Explorer does allow to view and edit files.
    There is no mention of such functions on the menu shortcuts/commands but, selecting (push OK) the file, viewer is opened and, selecting (push OK) line, editor is opened and the line can be modified.

i just installed this but how do u edit a letter or one character.unless you have to delete whole line.if you press a key you cant go back to modify it.thanks.its same as files explorer in tspanel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!