My crazy uboot!

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,827 times. The last Post () by alabala1.

• Hi,

So when I turn on my nbox, it says U-Boot 1.3.1 0.53. I can then press up to get the following options:

UsbA
    Usbb
    Hdd1
    Hdd2
    Hdd3
    Nand
    PKTN
    NFS
    b4 u

How do I get Freebox on and run a firmware update via USB. I've tried everything but don't get anything other than PROG>FAIL

Basically the current firmware I'm on, I think I may have knackered it so I'm stuck until I can upgrade. When I boot into nebula zero, I get the screen overlay/bottom third whatever you call it, but no satellite picture, just the sound. The remote has stopped working, and all I can do is bring up the EPG via the OK button on the receiver. I tried to get cooltvguide working I wonder if that may have had something to do with it.

Thanks

Mark
    (I'm sure this'll be awesome when I get it all working!) :)

• If when You power your box You see Uboot 1.3.1 053 on the front display it means that it is in freebox mode and You can install Enigma or OpenPLI.

If You see nbox on the front display means that You are in B4T mode so you can install 7.1.7 or Open PLi.

When in Uboot 1.3.1 053 scroll up until you see b4u then press OK this will make the box switch from freebox mode to B4T mode.

To install Nebula put box in B4T mode, Switch off receiver and then power up again holding up button on front until you see updt, press Ok and it should start to install.

When switching from B4T to freebox you scroll up/down until you see F-B boot and press OK. That puts you into free box mode.

To install Nand 7.1.7 or Open Pli put the box in Freebox mode and then switch off receiver. Switch it back on holding the OK button on the front panel until you see Prog. Press Ok and then the receiver will then start to install Nand 7.1.7 or Open Pli

Nano

• Thanks, I can do the last bit by holding the power button when booting up freebox. it then goes from Prog>Fail though. Is it a problem with the firmware? it's the new one the duck PLI one

thanks

• If you PROG and then FAIL to uboot 1.3.1 Unread pen or a bad sformatowany.Wezj another pen and format it to fat32 or fat to niekturych pens of fat reading format. If you have the USB-TTL converter is the podpęciu debug connector Universal Box is a hyper terminal, you can see what's going on in the logs

Nbox BSLA pen OPEN-PLI V8

VU+SOLO2 IMAGE VTI

If You see nbox on the front display means that You are in B4T mode so you can install 7.1.7 or Open PLi

WTF am i on about lol

If you see nBox you can install PKT Nebula, not Open Pli or Nand 7.1.7.

I'm confusing myself here joint10

Thats what happens when you try to do two things at once.

• \i really can't fathom why this update on freebox keeps failing. trying to install the new hyperiod image but it just keeps going from prog to fail. tried a bunch of usb keys, fat16, fat32 everything i can think of.

press in powerbutton, plug in, changes from uboot1.3.1 to prog and then goes to fail.

is there anything you can think of im doin g wrong. the three files should be on the root of the usb key yes?

• Its because you are doing it wrong.

Just because its based on Open Pli doesn't mean its Freebox :bello:

Start box holding UP

select B4 u, press OK

Switch box off

Switch box on pressing UP at same time.

Select UPdt

Press OK

Box will start updating.

Do not switch box off until you see OK on the display.

You can then reboot the box into Hyperion.

Thats how i did mine a few day ago. Make sure the three files you have downloaded are in the root folder of the USB stick.

Nano

• SparkyMark, which image are you trying to install?

If your trying to install PKT Nebula or PKT Hyperion you need to do it with the method described in the previous post. You need to put the box into B4T mode first.

If your installing Nand 7.1.7 or Open Pli you need to put the box into to Freebox mode and the install by holding down the power button until you see Prog, then press OK. This will only work if you are trying to install Nand 7.1.6/7 or Open Pli and youa re in the right uBoot mode.

Nano

• Arrrgh :) it was because shock2uk had postedin the pkt Hyperion firmware thread saying they updated with freebox. Well that would explain the problem.will try it tonight, thanks for the help!!!

• Drove home on lunchbreak to try as it was bugging me. Installed straight away :) uploaded the channel list. I managed to crash it when channel surfing but I'm hoping that's because I don't have cccam setup yet which I'll do tonight along with picons hopefully.

Thanks for all the help hopefully I can repay in the future! :)

• hi, have attempted to update by uboot nbox to b4t, put update files on memory stick, run update goers through motions, says ok, but when i attempt to reboot into new mode only get
    UsbA
    Usbb
    Hdd1
    Hdd2
    Hdd3
    Nand
    PKTN
    NFS

b4t does'nt show, what am i doing wrong, box frustrating life out of me, any help appreciated

• Sorry for the thread revival. I'm also having the same issue ass Gurdeep85 and Tinky2189.

When my box boots up, I get u-boot 1.3.1 053 > nand > load.

When i press the arrow up button I get all options apart from b4t.

Anyone know how we can sort this as it's doing my head in :/

• my Box boot only in u-boot 1.3.1... (display)

Only i have an usb Stick with a Firmware(openpli 8.3) i can install Firmware L1 L2 ....->OK Thank

After install and reboot

The boot is the same and stuck on u-boot 1.3.1 ....arrow up or down make Nothing :(

Any Idea?

Thx

• I have the same problem, inside the box is jumper I just swap it, and start on nand

• master G

Added the Label MultiBoot Support

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!