Updating Oscam to latest SVN - Ubuntu & debian with Simplebuild

There are 163 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 129,713 times. The last Post () by gull0815.

• When i follow the instructions to install the Modern Webif my Smargo and Omnikey readers which i had installed on build r8916 as readers are no longer there and have been removed from the oscam.server file ?
    Whats happened because i tried copying the config for each card reader back into the .server file and restarted the server with no effect ?

• All is not well with SVN at the moment so I would advise people to find build that is working and use it.
    You can follow the saga on streamboard and upgrade when you feel your issue has been addressed..

nuttyboy
    Are you sure you compiled with USB & PCSC Support?
    In your case, just revert back to old backed up bin & configs for now..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Thats what i have done and everything is back to the way it was but i will keep any eye on this thread to see if it get sorted because i like the new look Oscam.

about Session 4 ??
    by ftp transfer file to /opt/simplebuild/, I get the error message:

[R] Upload Error: Permission denied
    [R] Transfer Failed: oscamsource.url

I have never had this problem, so I am not to sure hat to suggest..
    Make sure you are connecting by root user & that the file has not been blocked by AV/firewall on host/client

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• No need to back up anything, just follow tut & you will have your old oscam renamed oscamOLD, if there are any problems with the newly built oscam bin, just delete it and rename oscamOLD to oscam & restart, thats it oscam reverted to initial version.. So you have nothing to lose m8..

TF

• I got stuck here also. After I Start Simplebuild and type ./simplebuild menu io get : line 2881-stdout:command not found etc and I cannot progress further. Any Ideas. I tried the long script above but get several errors incl package dialog is not available but is referred to by another package. Any odeas ? Running 10.04.3 lts

• I tested on 10.04 and it worked perfect.. From memory you will need to update repositories as 10.04 is no longer supported..

• I tested on 10.04 and it worked perfect.. From memory you will need to update repositories as 10.04 is no longer supported..

Thanks for reply thatfellow. Thought I was going grand and then the error. How would i update the repositories ? Sorry for being such a noob ?

Edited once, last by alanbk ().

• I just tested on 10.04 (without having to update repositories) and all went smoothly..

Please post exact errors after running:

Code
    sudo apt-get install dialog  xz-utils gawk subversion gcc make libusb-dev libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev libssl-dev libpcsclite-dev libccid libc6-dev zlib1g-dev build-essential gcc-multilib module-assistant tofrodos sshpass openssl

• Hi and thanks a million. Logged in as root user, ran the script and this is returned
    gaz@*-desktop:~$ su - root
    Password:
    root@*:~# sudo apt-get install dialog xz-utils gawk subversion gcc make libusb-dev libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev libssl-dev libpcsclite-dev libccid libc6-dev zlib1g-dev build-essential gcc-multilib module-assistant tofrodos sshpass openssl
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package dialog is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source
    E: Package dialog has no installation candidate
    root@*-desktop:~#

Just to add I seem to be unable to login yo the opt directory ! I deleted earlier simplebuild files so don't know if that may be the issue.

Any ideas and thanks again.

Edited once, last by alanbk ().

• OK m8, install them one by one till you identify which package..

i.e.
    sudo apt-get install dialog
    sudo apt-get install xz-utils
    sudo apt-get install gawk

and so on...

EDIT: Misread the warning, Its the dialog package, try the rest in one go or one by one...

Code
    apt-get install xz-utils gawk subversion gcc make libusb-dev libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev libssl-dev libpcsclite-dev libccid libc6-dev zlib1g-dev build-essential gcc-multilib module-assistant tofrodos sshpass openssl

If you get this for all the packages, you will have to update your repositories...

EDIT 2: Are you using Ubuntu Desktop? I have not tested with Desktop version, only Ubuntu Server

Edited 3 times, last by thatfellow ().

• Ran your new script and things look a bit better. If that's so , where is the Tut should I continue from ? Thanks again

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    xz-utils is already the newest version.
    xz-utils set to manually installed.
    gawk is already the newest version.
    subversion is already the newest version.
    gcc is already the newest version.
    make is already the newest version.
    E: Couldn't find package libusb-dev

EDIT

Carried on and got as far as original post

_ _ _
    ___| |_ _ __ ___ __ _ _ __ ___ | |__ ___ __ _ _ __ __| |
    / __| __| '__/ _ \/ _` | '_ ` _ \| '_ \ / _ \ / _` | '__/ _` |
    \__ \ |_| | | __/ (_| | | | | | | |_) | (_) | (_| | | | (_| |
    |___/\__|_| \___|\__,_|_| |_| |_|_.__/ \___/ \__,_|_| \__,_|

file check
    ----------

dialog ... is not installed
    xz is installed found in /usr/bin/xz
    gawk is installed found in /usr/bin/gawk
    svn is installed found in /usr/bin/svn

package check
    -------------

dialog installed
    xz-utils installed
    gawk installed
    subversion installed
    gcc installed
    make installed
    No packages found matching libusb-dev.
    libusb-dev ... is missing
    libusb-1.0-0 installed
    No packages found matching libusb-1.0-0-dev.
    libusb-1.0-0-dev ... is missing
    libssl-dev installed
    libpcsclite-dev installed
    libccid installed
    libc6-dev installed
    zlib1g-dev installed
    build-essential installed
    gcc-multilib installed
    No packages found matching module-assistant.
    module-assistant ... is missing
    No packages found matching dos2unix.
    dos2unix ... is missing
    No packages found matching sshpass.
    sshpass ... is missing
    openssl installed

root@gaz-desktop:/opt/simplebuild# ./simplebuild menu

./simplebuild: line 2881: --stdout: command not found
    cat: /root/osvn: No such file or directory
    cat: /root/status: No such file or directory
    cat: /root/chosetext: No such file or directory
    cat: /root/REVISION: No such file or directory
    ./simplebuild: line 2911: --no-cancel: command not found
    root@gaz-desktop:/opt/simplebuild#

Oh dear. Any ideas ? I have Ubuntu on a server !!!

Edited once, last by alanbk: New Info ().

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!