Updating Oscam to latest SVN - Ubuntu & debian with Simplebuild

There are 163 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 130,210 times. The last Post () by gull0815.

Ran your new script and things look a bit better. If that's so , where is the Tut should I continue from ? Thanks again

Its not my script m8, this script was created by Gorgone @ oscam streamboard..
    I asked you earlier if you were using Ubuntu Server or Ubuntu Desktop, if Desktop I really can't suggest you what to do as I have never used it..

Why not upgrade to latest Ubuntu Server and all these problems will go away..

TF

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Your right. It's ubuntu desktop. Thing is I'm used to the GUI. But I think I will try and upgrade to ubuntu server and try this Tut. Just so I'm clear, Ubuntu server would have no GUI and would be all command line ? Again, thanks a million for the help.

Your right. It's ubuntu desktop. Thing is I'm used to the GUI. But I think I will try and upgrade to ubuntu server and try this Tut. Just so I'm clear, Ubuntu server would have no GUI and would be all command line ? Again, thanks a million for the help.

Correct no GUI, just console. It will take a while to get the hang of it but well worth the effort..

hi
    will this work on my ODROID U3? I have ubuntu 13.10 - but i have ARMHF cpu

Not familiar with this and not 100% sure if a toolchain for compiling oscam with simplebuild exists.
    I will post back when I have more info..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• thnx for this super script! works perfectly on Ubuntu 13.10, only problem are when a try to instal step 4 for webif style. But I must to read more about this.

• Hello.
    What is the advantage of compiling our oscam vs download from oscam.cc site already compiled?
    In my case I have a ubuntu server in an atom notebook using omnikey reader. I use i686-webif-libusb-pcsc-Distribution working good

• Had no problems with the script so far, tried to get the modern webif but looks like the original after compile, even downloading the latest compiled i686 with modern webif from another thread - same thing. Am i missing something here?

• Had no problems with the script so far, tried to get the modern webif but looks like the original after compile, even downloading the latest compiled i686 with modern webif from another thread - same thing. Am i missing something here?

Never mind all sorted!

Looking for some kind fella to help me update my oscam. Tried above but failed bigtime lol.
    Any help would gratefully be received.
    Cheers
    Bopper

You are going to have to expand a little on "failed bigtime".
    What stage did yopu get to? Where did it go wrong, what errors did you get?

TF

• If you followed it to the letter, you would not have the old version starting up..
    From what you say, it sounds like the script ran OK? Is this correct?
    Have you the latest oscam bin @ /opt/simplebuild/archiv

• Did you not notice before now that there was no bin at that location?

No mate actually never thought to look . schoolboy error.
    If i delete all oscam via winscp can i just load the now one up?

Its more than a schoolboy error m8, you have obviously not followed the steps in the very simple & self explanatory guide..
    Please do that before asking questions that are answered quiet clearly in the guide..

TF

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!