List of Telnet Commands for Enigma2 Receivers

There are 55 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 129,796 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• Discussion of article List of Telnet Commands for Enigma2 Receivers:

The most common Linux commands used in telnet to get the most from your enigma2 receiver.
    Learn how to update, upgrade, download and install packages remotely.

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited 2 times, last by master G: rectifying commands ().

• slight correction to the above.

Update Box Image & plugins

Using Open PacKaGe Management
    Update Image
    opkg update updates the image feeds located in /etc/opkg/ ( off the top of my head may be a slightly different path ) if you run this command it will not update any thing on the image but allow the image to know updates are there.

Update Plugins

opkg upgrade is the command that updates the image and or plugins as identified by the above opkg update command. when using these commands i recommend you first place enigma into a sleeping state so that any changes that are made have less risk of becoming corrupted as they may when being updated while there in a live / running state.

Here are some other commands that i use regularly with ViX although most if not all are universal to all images, along with a brief description of what the commands do as i understand them ( so some may be wrong or not 100 percent accurate ) but all these commands work as i use them my self.

init codes.

init 1 closes all running files.
    init 3 wake enigma from a sleeping state / GUI restart.
    init 4 Kill enigma / places enigma into sleep mode allowing you to edit or modify files that otherwise would corrupt or become damages if edited while live.
    init 6 Full reboot.

you can also use the following commands.

shutdown -r now = basically the same as the above init 6 command
    shutdown -h now = Full shutdown.

lsusb = lists all attached USB devices

df -h = checks memory and storage stats.

nmap -sp 192.168.1.0/24 = allows you to map your local network ( change the address as needed to map your own network )

cat /proc/meminfo = memory info

opkg update && opkg list-upgradable = allows you to check what is available to update on the image.

opkg download = allows you to download plugins directly from the images own feeds in a installable .ipk format to the /home/root/ directory of your receiver for safe keeping etc. a couple of examples as follows.

opkg download enigma2-plugin-extensions-backupsuite
    opkg download enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autobouquetsmaker

opkg install = allows you to install plugins directly from the image feeds., a few examples below.

opkg install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autobouquetsmaker
    opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-backupsuite
    opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Can a mod fix the first post? All the wget http links were "modded" and are now unreadable... They should be:

Code
    wget -O /dev/null -q hxxp://127.0.0.1/web/powerstate?newstate=X
    where X = 
    0 = Toogle Standby
    1 = Deepstandby
    2 = Reboot
    3 = Restart Enigma2
    4 = Wakeup form Standby
    5 = Standby

and

Code
    wget -qO - hxxp://127.0.0.1/web/servicelistreload?mode=X
    where X =
    0, reloading lamedb and Userbouquets
    1, reloading lamedb only
    2, reloading Userbouquets only
  • Hi,

Some few corrections or at least some explanations should be added to this thread.

Init command does not do anything, but only change the runlevel of the linux machine and reload all init scripts, located in /etc/init.d for each /etc/rcX.d where X is a number between 0-6 or S and represents a runlevel, where usually do following from end user perspective
    0 - deep standby "shutdown"; will execute all /etc/rc0.d/* scripts before entering deep standby
    1 - single user without network; will execute all /etc/rc1.d/* scripts after switching the runlevel
    2 - multi user with network; will execute all /etc/rc2.d/* scripts after switching the runlevel
    3 - multi user with network with enigma2; will execute all /etc/rc3.d/* scripts after switching the runlevel
    4 - multi user with network; will execute all /etc/rc3.d/* scripts after switching the runlevel
    5 - multi user with network with enigma2; will execute all /etc/rc5.d/* scripts after switching the runlevel
    6 - reboot ; will execute all /etc/rc6.d/* scripts before reboot
    S - shutdown ; will execute all /etc/rc0.d/* scripts before entering deep standby

So issuing an "init 4" or "init 2" will not kill anything, but will stop enigma2 gracefully, waiting for all it's components to stop.

Issuing from command line, ssh or ftp, "killall 9 enigma2" will cause to sudden stop all enigma2 services without waiting to close anything and leave all opened files in an uncertain state, for example, if you have an E2 plugin which open some files, let say "permanent time-shift" and issue killall -9 enigma2 this plugin will not have a chance to close and remove it's files prior closing enigma2, because was killed with -9 parameter which mean "sudden/ no wait".
    For sure the "killall -9 enigma2" will not reboot the machine. :)

So, it is dangerous to issue haphazardly commands which you don't understand, but most dangerous is to write HOW TO's with those incorrect commands.

Please, somebody rectify all those above commands in this thread.

Best regards,

Marc

• hi

online e2 settings install script code help me please

problem: The new list adds to the end of the old list
    I want to do As DreamboxEdit, how can I delete the old list.

• Official Post
  • to delete a folder and all its contents

-r = to remove directories and their contents recursively

Code
    rm -r /path-to-folder/name-of-folder

to delete a file

Code
    rm /path-to-file/name-of-file

Edited once, last by davvo ().

• does anybody know if you can run a make command on enigma2?
    or if it is possible to run mono on it to get a windows exe to run?

- - - Updated - - -

does anybody know if you can run a make command on enigma2?
    or if it is possible to run mono on it to get a windows exe to run?

• My box is zgemma hs. enigma 2,openATV image running.

My question is i want to read device information on SCI0. We can get usb devices as type "lsusb" but what is the command for get sci0 device list. I was try "lssci" but it not success.

• Hello, I have problems with this command for openpli, you need to activate openvpn and create a directory in etc / openvpn where to enter the openvpn certificate and user and password to navigate the decoder connected to the openvpn server.

INSTALL OPENVPN ENIGMA2:

opkg update

opkg upgrade && install (the second line only if you have a sim a8p)

opkg list | grep vpn

opkg install openvpn

update-rc.d openvpn defaults

opkg install kernel-module-tun

I have always written with telnet on OPENPLI up to version 6.0, now in 6.2 in etc / no longer creates the openvpn folder where to enter the certificate and user and password.

• I RESOLVED BY HAND INSERTING THE OPENVPN FOLDER IN THE ETC ON WHICH I INSERTED THE VPN CERTIFICATE ATTRIBBUTS 777 AND THE KEY TEXT FILE WHERE I AM USER AND PASSWDORD X THE CERTIFICATE VPN, AND IT'S ALL OK THE DECODER CONNECT WITH THE IP OF THE VPN.

• I am a newbie.

1. I would like to access "List of Telnet commands for Enigma 2 Boxes" but the link seems to be broken.

Is there a new page please?

2. What plugin do I need to do I do a full image backup on my Zgemma H2S please?

Thanks for any help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!