Setting up XBMC Frodo 12.xx as an Enigma2 Frontend with EPG

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,826 times. The last Post () by TH3-J0K3R.

• I have tried this on Windows, Raspberry Pi and Ubuntu. It seems most stable on XMBC Ubuntu installs

first you need to install XBMC on your device (12.xx frodo needed as has Live TV and works stable)

Code
    http://xbmc.org/download/

I won't go on about installing XBMC - it is usually straightforward, and any issues can be resolved best by the various xbmc forums and wiki

Once it is installed, and connected to the network (this can be verified in the settings that you are connected) you can use it as a frontend for your Enigma2 Receiver so to stream to a PC or another connected TV

First you need to go to 'Settings' and choose 'Live TV'

Once this is selected, then you will be presented with this

You need to select 'Enabled' - and then you are presented with this

Select OK so you can then select the Vu+ plugin

Once selected you need to configure

For basics configuration and speed of getting it working, just enter the IP address of your receiver

If you have a single tuner receiver then you need to allow zapping

And once you have done that, then you can enable it

Once it is enabled, there will be a progress bar in the top right of the screen, as it grabs the channel data and EPG from the receiver. You need to wait for this to complete - and initially can take a while. The 'Live TV' option will be available, and once it has grabbed the Channels and EPG, you can get an EPG, switch channels, view recordings, set recordings, and it also supports Teletext and DVB subtitles.

The biggest drawback with this method, is that you cannot pause live TV - but if you want to use XBMC to stream from your E2 receiver, there are a couple of other ways to do this as well that will support pause (but not EPG) I will touch on that later!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Just to update on this (of course applies to Gotham and Helix too), instead of selecting the Enigma2 client, by enabling the 'Simple TV' client that is now there, stream playlists, local and remote can be added, as well as EPG sources. This makes for an IPTV experience rather like watching over the air TV. The one I use is located here http://bit.ly/ihqmEu (credit to Husham Memar)

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

Edited once, last by TH3-J0K3R ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!