How to setup peer server as 'reader' within OScam?

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,852 times. The last Post () by jackhulk.

• Hello

I'm currently running an OScam server + CCCam. At the moment OScam simply acts as reader for local, but as CCCam continues to behave badly, I'd like to make a complete switch to OScam.

I'm trying to add a server as 'reader' within OScam, and while everything looks ok, and Webif shows I am connected to peer server, nothing is clearing. I'm using AZBox to test, running CCCam, which has one nline connected to Oscam. My local clears (all be it at hop 10?!), but nothing clears from peer server.

Here is reader config, I have of course replaced sensitive details.

1. How do I get my local showing as local and not hop10?

2. What do I need to do to get peer's local to clear?

Thank you

• I've since tried using OScam's CCCam protocal instead of newcamd, but still cannot get peer's local to clear, but at least my local is now showing as local, not hop 10.

Any advice where I am going wrong here please?

• Official Post

1. If you are using a CCcam version above 2.1.3 then hop10 is what it will show, change to 2.1.3 or lower to see the card as local although if the CCcam on the AZbox is purley client just remove the 256 from the end of the nline & it will show correctly at hop1 regardless of version.

2. You are setting the remote reader like how you would a local card, use this as a template for your peers clines.

If you still have problems please post your full config buddy.

• Thanks guys. I used your template Ten Below, but still cannot clear peer's local.

Not sure what configs you need, so included below for now, but let me know if there is anything else you need. Sensitive details replaced.

I've only needed one group up until now, don't really understand the group relation yet, so perhaps that's the problem? Do I need to create another user for each reader?

• I can see peers shares just fine in OScam.

I'm not sure how to check reshare with OScam? I take it I should see log within main page of webif? I see log requests for my local when I view that, but nothing when I'm trying to clear peer's local.

Sorry I'm still very new to OScam, and only reason I've made the switch is this. Problems like my company. :beated:

Speaking of which, are any of you experiencing problems with this forum? I keep getting redirect 'database error'?

[EDIT] I can confirm peer's local is working and reachable when I test in separate CCcam if that's what you mean?

• I still haven't got this working. Can anyone see from my config what the problem might be please? I'm sure it's a simple error for those in the know. As above I already have a nline in cccam.cfg in AZBox, but that's all. Do I need to add another nline or cline for AZBox?

• I am getting that you are wanting to put your reader entries (peer) in oscam and then send them to client on your own network. It is good practice to put each real card in a separate group - some put each peer in a separate group as well, this keeps things separate - but it is usually ok to put all peer reader entries in the same group. You have enabled CCcam protocol, that is fine, but you also need to have a separate entry in oscam.user and corresponding cline on client. so long as you only do this for a local reader and not for remote reader (this would be seen as abusing reshare rights) it is ok to ignore reshare values so you get all of the service you would get if the client for the peer was running in the receiver. in the reader account for your peer - change group = 1 to group = 2

in oscam.user - add the following;

Code
    [account]
    user                          = local
    pwd                           = pass
    keepalive                     = 1
    group                         = 2
    cccmaxhops                    = 3
    cccreshare                    = 0
    cccignorereshare              = 1

the above will share everything in group 2, ignoring reshare level and without giving reshare - and as I said this should only be used for a client in your own lan that is not acting as a server in its own right. You have an nline for the local to share with your local receiver, but you can if you want scrap the nline and just use CCcam protocol. To do this you can delete the original user entry you have, and delete the nline on your client and just use a cline (and you can also delete the newcamd entry in Oscam), but if you do this then you will need to bear in mind the reader entry for your local is in group 1 - so on the above simply change group = 2 to group = 1,2

on your local receiver, (CCcam) you need to add a cline - change your ip address to the ip address of your oscam server

Code
    C: ip.address.of.server 25125 local pass

Now - if you are wanting to share outside your own network, the reshares from your virtual reader and your local card important remove the cccignorereshare entry. Add something like this to oscam.user for each peer

Code
    [account]
    user                          = peer
    pwd                           = peerpass
    hostname                      = yourpeers.dns
    uniq                          = 3
    group                         = 1,2
    cccmaxhops                    = 2
    cccreshare                    = 1

this will share your local and reshares up to your hop 2 with a reshare value of 1 hop down, will restrict your user to one log on (only last login will be allowed), and lock the account to their IP address. Ensure you have forwarded the port used in cccam entry of oscam.conf (in your case 25125) in your router to the server local IP address. You then give your peer cline

Code
    C: your.dns 25125 peer peerpass

Remember - you have just advertised your port - so if you are wanting to set this up for external shares then you should use a different one!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• HI musogeek and many thanks for your detailed post, but unfortunately I think everything you have advised to do, I already have, but it's the reader section that I've trying to figure out. I can confirm as mentioned above all sensitive details (such as port) has been replaced.

Things I have working just fine...

1. Oscam reading my local
    2. Oscam connected to CCcam via nline
    3. CCcam connected peers server/clients

So in summary everything is working at present with OScam linked to separate CCcam, however I'd like to get rid of separate CCcam and have everything running within OScam, but that there is where the problem is.

All I'm trying to do at present is instead of using separate CCcam to read clines, I'd like to have OScam use them instead. I believe 'cline' server details need to be entered as 'reader' within Oscam which I've done, but nothing clears...

Full config in post #6

Does this reader (which is peer's server) require a separate cline in my home receiver? Surely each reader shouldn't then require a separate cline to connect to my server?

I'm very unclear with regards to 'groups' and what should/needs to go where, which probably isn't helping matters.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!