How to unpack and repack Enigma2 image dreambox

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 21,212 times. The last Post () by hyuma.

• Peace, mercy and blessings of God

we will look on the method of unpack and repack of the nfi Dreambox images via nfidump which holds version 0.4.1 and Linux environment(like ubuntu...). method works on all models of Dreambox(dm500hd,dm800,dm800se). course unpack and repack image be on root.Greetings from your brother Marwen

Note:Scripts prepared by marwen

Open a terminal window and paste the following commands:

Code
    sudo su

Code
    cd /root

Creating a working directory:

Code
    mkdir E2

Change into the working directory:

Code
    cd E2

Now not close the Terminal then press Alt+F2 from the keyboard and do the following:

Copy and Paste scripts for unpack and repack to the folder E2 and make chmod 755:

Code
    chmod 755 *

Rename your nfi image dreambox to original.nfi and paste it to the folder E2.

with the Terminal window paste the following commands:

Code
    ./unpack-nfi.sh

image nfi unpacked:

Now Finally you can make modifications to your image nfi and repack it. The New image is named new-nfi.nfi:

Code
    ./pack-nfi image new-nfi.nfi

Now move the New image from E2 folder to Desktop:

Code
    chmod 777 new-nfi.nfi && mv new-nfi.nfi $HOME/Desktop

new script unpack repack nfidump by marwen

• I would like to make images patch for clone Dremboxt with original images ( sim2 ).
    I unpacked nfi image but i do not know which files i must to change or i must to edit.
    where can i find files If i need to change files ?
    Please can you help me about.
    Thanks and best Regards.

• for OE based image you need just bootloader (secondstage) and drivers in lib/modules/3.2dm800se/extra
    and for cvs based image you need also patched enigma2 and vmlinux file

you can found the files in sim2 team website

• Any chance that someone can update script to work with dm500hdv2, dm800hdv2 and dm7020hdv2.
    Are there other scripts for these editions
    tested on dm800pvr and seems quite ok.
    but testing dm500hdv2 does not work!

• hello

How to unpack and repack Enigma2 image vu+ ?

Could you please share files vuplus

i can unpack vu images with ubuntu
    but cant repack

image seems to unpack about 160 mb

copy one line at a time and paste in a terminal hit enter after each one

unpack

find upacked image in /mnt/ubi

thanks to

IAmATeaf

over at dw as he wrote the above

Edited 7 times, last by davvo ().

• for OE based image you need just bootloader (secondstage) and drivers in lib/modules/3.2dm800se/extra
    and for cvs based image you need also patched enigma2 and vmlinux file

you can found the files in sim2 team website

Hello, if I understand your message the process is as follows.

1º Unpack nfi image in linux with the script of marwen
    2º Change bootloader (secondstage) for sim2 ssl84d
    3º Change drivers in the path lib/modules/3.2dm800se/extra (Where do I get the drivers? Unpacking patched image?)
    4º Repack to nfi
    5º flash image

Its ok?

Please help me

• Is it possible to change the size of the flash and make image install on internal hardrive rather than the box itself so this way no need for flashexpanders etc .... and you can have as many plugins, skins and so as much as you like ?

• Is it possible to change the size of the flash and make image install on internal hardrive rather than the box itself so this way no need for flashexpanders etc .... and you can have as many plugins, skins and so as much as you like ?

You can use this script https://pastebin.com/Zm31ZB9W (Thanks to Jasper, it was taken from one of him image) to move all of your flash to USB drive. It's not universal, it NEEDS some modifications (in opkg section, if versions/packages newer or absent or changed his name) and it NEEDS that boot partitions mounted (in latest OpenPLI images it's not monted, don't know why, ease to mount with - 'mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock2 /boot'). You can run it from ssh/telnet session.

P.S. I think maintainers must include in image only basic things to reduce it size and use Jasper script for moving to USBstick/HDD and ask what install for the rest like this do in Ubuntu installs on first boot. This is just my dream ;)

You can use this script https://pastebin.com/Zm31ZB9W (Thanks to Jasper, it was taken from one of him image) to move all of your flash to USB drive. It's not universal, it NEEDS some modifications (in opkg section, if versions/packages newer or absent or changed his name) and it NEEDS that boot partitions mounted (in latest OpenPLI images it's not monted, don't know why, ease to mount with - 'mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock2 /boot'). You can run it from ssh/telnet session.

P.S. I think maintainers must include in image only basic things to reduce it size and use Jasper script for moving to USBstick/HDD and ask what install for the rest like this do in Ubuntu installs on first boot. This is just my dream ;)

for your and my dream need initramfs that is embedded into the kernel and loaded before the root partition is mounted, so must compile kernel with initramfs that boot from flash, mount USB/HDD and boot rootfs, but who make initramfs:?:;)

• script was tested today's night on this image and it worked fine.

this is what I've get:

Code
    root@dm800se:~# df -h
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root                 7.1G    305.2M      6.4G   4% /
    devtmpfs                 66.3M      4.0K     66.3M   0% /dev
    tmpfs                    64.0K         0     64.0K   0% /media
    tmpfs                    66.4M    236.0K     66.1M   0% /var/volatile
    /dev/mtdblock2            3.8M      2.9M    920.0K  76% /boot

i will test it on your image's this holidays.

p.s. parageria why you don't respond in conversations?

• Ubuntu 17.10.1

sudo apt-get install nautilus-admin

sudo apt-get install zlib1g:i386

apt-get install lib32stdc++6

sudo su

cd /root

mkdir E2

cd E2

pkexec nautilus

./unpack-nfi.sh

./pack-nfi image new-nfi.nfi

chmod 777 new-nfi.nfi && mv new-nfi.nfi $HOME/Desktop

• Hi, I followed the directions and successfully repacked the .nfi image, but I am having trouble getting it back to my desktop.

the last command in your instructions just make a file called desktop in the root folder which is in fact the generated .nfi file.

Please advise what I may be doing wrong and a way around this issue.

I was also wondering if anyone knows the process for changing the second stage as I have an image I like based on SSL84F and want to upgrade it to SSL88F. I have the SSL88F .nfi file to hand but just not sure what else may be packed in the secondstage.gz file in the image.

Thanks

• I hawe Linux Mint

System: Kernel: 5.4.0-52-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.3.0 Desktop: MATE 1.24.0

wm: marco dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 20 Ulyana base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal

I tried to go through all possible procedures but unsuccessfully. Please try to write instructions for the moron (for me).

I try use Alt + F2 to run "pkexec nautilus" but not work...

So I look in the "unpack-nfi" file and see that the files for dm800hdsev2 don't support it, they are too big.

Works only for:

dm800, dm800se, dm8000, dm7025, dm7020, dm500hd, dm500

Edited once, last by breki_j ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!