How to - Stop your cards being stolen by oscam users who are faking

There are 24 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 32,448 times. The last Post () by jakas.

• This is a quick how to for those of you who want to protect your local card after the recent rise of card fakers/stealers. With oscam currently users can take your c line that you have given and put direct to oscam thus bypassing any reshare limits you set. They can then go one step furthur and fake your local with the 256 trick in cccam versions prior to 2.1.4. Nice and easy to use and just some settings to add.

Anticascading.

So if you have a peer who is doing re-sharing/faking do the following:

In your oscam config directory create a file oscam.ac and put in it:

#
    # anti-cascading table
    #
    # format: <CAID>:<provider ID>=<seconds>

here is an example for sly italia . note the format as above
    093B:000000 = 9
    *=15

next

In your oscam.conf add following:
    [anticasc]
    enabled = 1
    numusers = 1
    sampletime = 2
    samples = 5
    penalty = 0
    aclogfile = /var/log/oscam_ac.log
    denysamples = 9
    fakedelay = 1000

In oscam.user, for each guilty user add:
    penalty = 1

This will work as follows:

oscam will sample every user for ecm requests for 15 minutes. If a bad, bad guy exceeds the limit oscam will send a fake cw for the next 9 samples. If in userfile you do penalty = 0 the user will not be punished but it will be logged in aclog file. Do not go too tight with the settings as people chnge channels and create additional ecm requests.
    Above settings works a treat.

regards

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• hi mate for sly uk will it be like this in oscam.ac
    beneath the # does it need removing

#
    # anti-cascading table
    #
    # format: <0963>:<0963:000000>=<9>
    *=15

in oscam.conf

[anticasc]
    enabled = 1
    numusers = 1
    sampletime = 2
    samples = 5
    penalty = 0
    denysamples = 9
    fakedelay = 1000

penalty = 1

thanks

• Thats a nice piece of work.

If you use CCcam as front end that wont work though, so how would it work if I had Oscam as card reader and had one N line in my CCcam on another server, and about 3 f lines in this CCcam.cfg

I would need my one user from N line to acces the Oscam server all the time.

• guli

0963:000000 = 9
    *=15

is all you need to use in oscam.ac file

new2

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• if you are certain that you only have 3 users linked back through n line in cccam . As long as they have no furthur reshare then mulitply the *=15 by 3 . So you would have *=45 in context .

new2

• if you are certain that you only have 3 users linked back through n line in cccam . As long as they have no furthur reshare then mulitply the *=15 by 3 . So you would have *=45 in context .

new2

Is this correct? so I could use the anti cascading measure, what would the *=45 mean?

Surely this wouldnt be able to stop one specific user ,it would send a penalty to all 3, if 1 breaks the rules?

• Thanks a lot new2...4 z useful information as I know and read Anti-cascading is not a perfect solution! It will block even legitimate users that reshare your local card. Not necessary those that fake cards. For example, i can take your local, fake it as mine and then not reshare too much. You will never notice this. In other hand, I can be legitimate peer that receive from you 1 reshare level but I have many clients. So they all use your card....
    There are many scenarios. The best protection against fakers is to ask for physical proof of their local card and also delete all clients you have that use too many ECMs. Regardless if they fake your card or not.

• of course if someone is killing your card you just question the peer then delete the share. Anti cascading is a great tool if you are swapping n lines direct with peers and using say mgcamd/oscam combination.

new2

• kop,

this is ofcourse not perfect but something is better than nothing. Your comments re all users could be penalized over 1 bad user is correct. I don't use cccam as it is a dead project. In oscam/mgcam combo this works perfect to control reshare. The only option for your setup is too closely monitor your peers to see if they are abusing your shares etc

new2

• hi, i am new to this casecading stuff, can you please tell me exact what need to add in my oscam.config? and what exact to oscam.user?as i am running sly card.and can i add thim into all my peers oscam.user ?
    In my server folder where i have 3 oscam files( conf, server and user) i will create another file oscam.ac and put this lines in:
    #
    # anti-cascading table
    #

0963:000000 = 9
    *=15

and in oscam.conf

[anticasc]
    enabled = 1
    numusers = 1
    sampletime = 2
    samples = 5
    penalty = 0
    denysamples = 9
    fakedelay = 1000

and In oscam.user, for each user add:
    penalty = 1

will this do a job? do this setting efffect on other good peers well?

please explain a bit.

also do that oscam.ac file need any permition like chmod755?

• read it

How to - Stop your cards being stolen by oscam users who are faking
    This is a quick how to for those of you who want to protect your local card after the recent rise of card fakers/stealers. With oscam currently users can take your c line that you have given and put direct to oscam thus bypassing any reshare limits you set. They can then go one step furthur and fake your local with the 256 trick in cccam versions prior to 2.1.4. Nice and easy to use and just some settings to add.

Anticascading.

So if you have a peer who is doing re-sharing/faking do the following:

In your oscam config directory create a file oscam.ac and put in it:

#
    # anti-cascading table
    #

here is an example for sly italia . note the format as above
    093B:000000 = 9
    *=15

next

In your oscam.conf add following:
    [anticasc]
    enabled = 1
    numusers = 1
    sampletime = 2
    samples = 5
    penalty = 0
    denysamples = 9
    fakedelay = 1000

penalty = 1

This will work as follows:

oscam will sample every user for ecm requests for 15 minutes. If a bad, bad guy exceeds the limit oscam will send a fake cw for the next 9 samples. If in userfile you do penalty = 0 the user will not be punished but it will be logged in aclog file. Do not go too tight with the settings as people chnge channels and create additional ecm requests.
    Above settings works a treat.

regards

new2

• Hi All,

This is probably a very silly question, but if an account in oscam.user has numusers = 3 does this override the numusers value entered in the oscam.config file? As in, does the numusers value entered in the oscam.config file only become the default value for users that do not have a numusers line in their account script.

Also, if some users have a twin tuner box should an extra user be added to their user account to prevent accidental penalty due to double the normal of ECM requests?

thanks for the help,
    Julio

• you have woken up a thread that has been inactive for well over a year - and you haven't posted an intro. - read the forum rules - introduce yourself as per rules, and start a new thread for new subjects!:ops:

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Hi newtolinux, we need to put the "# format:" in the start of the line?
    something like this: # format: 1798: 000000, 222222, 333333 = 9*=15
    or only the line : 1798: 000000, 222222, 333333 = 9*=15

Sorry for the dumb question!!!

Cheers

• and if you have two cards? it is so?

in oscam.ac:
    0B00,093E:000000 = 9
    *=15

in oscam.config:
    [anticasc]
    enabled = 1
    numusers = 1
    sampletime = 2
    samples = 5
    penalty = 0
    denysamples = 9
    fakedelay = 1000

• so i've updated oscam to 9664 and now the anticascading doesen't seem to work.

in the log it shows the user has exceeded limit, but dosent actually do anything like send fake ecms etc.

just noticed this and i'm not sure why.

the settings are as in the posts above....does it just not support anticascading

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!