Question regarding sharing channels with slingbox

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,613 times. The last Post () by Prophet.

• Official Post

I used to sell the first generation slingbox models when i worked for comet a few years back but have fallen out of the circle of knowledge now regarding the product

I appreciate there are quite a few models available now

Quick questions if anyone even knows tbh. just want to know if the following is possible...............

I had read that its possible to share channels from your STB to an external IP address for someone else to watch

Questions are.....

Is the person that watches on the ip address limited to watching the same channel that you are viewing ?

Is it possible to allow more than 1 person to watch your channel at the same time?

So for example, i could be on beIN sports subscribed channel and then 3 or 4 mates could login to the external address and also view the match ??

I know it wasnt possible on the basic models we used to sell years back but am wondering if with the advancments and newer models can this be done

As always, thanks in advance

• Sorry no change ,one channel with one login.I sometimes have a match on which my brother watches on his PC with my sling box login but if I went to login it would disconnect him.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!