My first (messy) motorized setup

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,644 times. The last Post () by multipack.

• Here is my current setup, I am just a beginner and starting to enjoy putting up a dish and bringing it down to re-do it all over again lol

My next project

Install fixed (dedicated to 28.2e) mini dish and if possible attach more lnbs to get other sats.

1.1m dish, TM2600, Smart Oxid 0.1dB, 18" T&K

• My wife would kiss my ass if i put a dish that size on the front of the house good job fella

Edited once, last by andy ray ().

• My wife would kiss my ass if i put a dish that size on the front of the house

LOL, it looks big mate but it is only 1.1m and it is at the back of the house so it is concealed.

• If i had a motorised dish now it would have to go on the front of the house she should think herself lucky that i dont have my gibertinti 1.25 and channel master 1.8 anymore

LOL, it looks big mate but it is only 1.1m and it is at the back of the house so it is concealed.

• done a good job matey

The funny is, I actually paid some (expert installer) guy to install it for me and all he got for me were 4 sats or so BUT after a lot of reading, trial and error I managed to re-do the whole thing and do better job than him. I am now getting 30e to 30w.

• not a bad job at all ..nice ..one ..hate them h to h motors get play on them all the time ..slightest bit wind = pixelation

i also put my t and ks that way .. but on bigger dishs i go k kk ..well done

• T&K round the wrong way, but other than that, good job.

Mate, there was not a definite answer on all the tutorials instruction I have read (even the video of setting up mot dish had the K at the top) some people said the K at the top while others said the T at the top, at the end I had to put one of the 2 at the top.

• Mate, there was not a definite answer on all the tutorials instruction I have read (even the video of setting up mot dish had the K at the top) some people said the K at the top while others said the T at the top, at the end I had to put one of the 2 at the top.

As you say no definitive answer some put the T at the top but most that i have seen put the K there gives that bit extra as vibration travels down the pole so 3 bolts instead of 2 makes it that bit sturdier, At the end of the day most would do a K&K if they sold them like that but they dont

• At the mo I have got the below settings till I get a dual turner receiver.

28E:
    LNB 1
    DiSEqC mode: 1.0
    Committed DiSEqC command: AA

All other satellites:
    LNB 2
    DiSEqC mode: 1.2
    Committed DiSEqC command: AB
    Use usals for this sat: yes

• what make of motor is that? my 110cm triax dish killed my dark motor, i have curently a multi arm setup but would go back to a motor if i was sure it could drive the dish

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• what make of motor is that? my 110cm triax dish killed my dark motor, i have curently a multi arm setup but would go back to a motor if i was sure it could drive the dish

Sorry to jump in but I too was using a dark with a 110 dish when it just got stuck + died a slow painful death...lol
    now got a tm2600 motor same as abaaba on a 120 dish and is surviving these windy storms not a bother,,
    swift and silent situated on the coastline...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!